Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    right as your blind faith in blizzard... (ya not out to make a buck with boosts and transfers). same blizzard that just announced how healthly some servers were for the free transfers but leave out its only healthy if you play on only one of the factions, that blizzard.?
    Apparently you don't know what healthy means. Healthy means realm faction pop. Obviously if a realm is 90% Horde and 10% Alliance, of course that realm is going to be healthy for Horde and not Alliance. But why use common sense and try to understand what words mean when you can ignorantly bash Blizzard?

[QUOTE=rrayy;53906763]Tak about lying. You are literally beliving online polls which are nowhere near scientific and are severly flawed, meaning players who aren't going to paly the game are allowed to vote, those sites influcing the polls by putting their own position out first amongst others.

LOL still using upvotes because you have no actual data. How many of those upvotes were actually going to play the game? How many upvotyed after the announcement? It is so easy to see all the flaws, but youa re somehow blind to them. Next thing you are probably going to use Youtube likes to prove your case.

*anyone that at this point thinks RDF is not wanted back by the majority prob are the same type of people that think the world is flat and the moon landing was faked.[/'quote]You still have not proved the majority of players WHO ARE GOING TO PLAY want LFD..

translation: I lost eh argument, but not adult enough to just take the L and move on.

Blizzard has actual data. All you have is severely flawed which you gladly ignore because it fits your narrative

LOL severely online polls tell the truth, but the outfit who has actual; data is lying. LOL you can't make this nonsense up.
    as stated above\already the outfit that has showed to lie, that outfit(blizz)?

I didn't lose jack you based everything on Blizz word, on a survey no-one seems to have gotten and out outside proof shows the opposite but must be all fixed because you don't agree with it (you'd think if it was all fixed it would be at least all exactly the same numbers)

*so rather than have a real come back or excuse on the up-votes just spouting dribble huh no real comeback other than your 12 year old "translation" grade school come back.

so ya only nonsense is what you're trying to sell.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Apparently you don't know what healthy means. Healthy means realm faction pop. Obviously if a realm is 90% Horde and 10% Alliance, of course that realm is going to be healthy for Horde and not Alliance. But why use common sense and try to understand what words mean when you can ignorantly bash Blizzard?

if someone (and I was sitting behind then when they did it) does a who for 10 levels above and below their level and only 2 or 3 players on the whole faction on that server comes back I think that counts as unhealthy.. (oh and it was Eastern server around 7ish PM before you come up with some it was 2AM crap) and in no way should that be sold has a healthy transfer option (calling it healthy with out a major * is just crap on their part).. that most certainly deserves being bashed over, for someone to get sold on it and then left in the cold with out having to pay to get back to normal.

*and I've made this comment before about that server could go hours with no world chat at all (quiet is nice but not by any means normal for any healthy server

If you think that's healthy you might want to look in the mirror for "ignorant"
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-09-12 at 03:27 PM.

as stated above\already the outfit that has showed to lie, that outfit(blizz)?
    Funny how you continue to deflect away from flwas shown about the online polls you claim are fact. I will give you another reason why online polls are flawed. You can manipulate them by voting multiple times. Remove site cookies, vote again. Yet you still act like they are irrefutably accurate.

I didn't lose jack you based everything on Blizz word, on a survey no-one seems to have gotten and out outside proof shows the opposite but must be all fixed because you don't agree with it (you'd think if it was all fixed it would be at least all exactly the same numbers)
    You don't have to send out a survey to get feedback. They have social media, they have their website. LOL at you making up striuct requirements so you can baselessly accuse BLizzard of lying.

*so rather than have a real come back or excuse on the up-votes just spouting dribble huh no real comeback other than your 12 year old "translation" grade school come back.
    NO, You had already lost the argument because you have failed to give any concrete facts and all you go back to is online polls, which are njot to be taken seriously because of hte massive flaws. ALso because you deflect away form the facts presented.

so ya only nonsense is what you're trying to sell.
    The guy trying to sell online pols as fact is accusing someone else of selling nonsense? Pot meet kettle.

if someone (and I was sitting behind then when they did it) does a who for 10 levels above and below their level and only 2 or 3 players on the whole faction on that server comes back I think that counts as unhealthy.. (oh and it was Eastern server around 7ish PM before you come up with some it was 2AM crap)

If you think that's healthy you might want to look i the mirror for "ignorant"
    They were talking specifically to how many toons were on the realm. But hey why use all the facts when you can cherry pick to fit your narrative?You look at EVERYONE on the realm, not just those who are online at a specific given time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    You fail to see the point, or willingly chose to because of your narrative. The point is that you are taking blind faith, without seeing any actual data, on nothing but word from a company that has a history of false promises? But you call out actual data flawed? To quote yourself…

“You will only believe what fits it and will ignore all the flaws”

As someone that doesn’t really have a horse in this race, I find the irony regarding yourself surreal.
    Which one are you going to find more accurate, online polls which can be heavily manipulated to take a side, or BLizzard getting responses directly from players? Only a fool would have more faith in online polls.

3+ Year Old Account
    There is a very simple solution to all of this. Allow cross server gameplay. It doesn't have to be completely cross server, just instanced cross server, as it was when they first added it to wow. Just change a little something something and allow all instanced gameplay to be completed with a cross server group.

Theres an extremely large chunk of players that literally wouldnt care what server they were on if this was enabled.

Funny how you continue to deflect away from flwas shown about the online polls you claim are fact. I will give you another reason why online polls are flawed. You can manipulate them by voting multiple times. Remove site cookies, vote again. Yet you still act like they are irrefutably accurate.

You don't have to send out a survey to get feedback. They have social media, they have their website. LOL at you making up striuct requirements so you can baselessly accuse BLizzard of lying.

NO, You had already lost the argument because you have failed to give any concrete facts and all you go back to is online polls, which are njot to be taken seriously because of hte massive flaws. ALso because you deflect away form the facts presented.

The guy trying to sell online pols as fact is accusing someone else of selling nonsense? Pot meet kettle.

They were talking specifically to how many toons were on the realm. But hey why use all the facts when you can cherry pick to fit your narrative?You look at EVERYONE on the realm, not just those who are online at a specific given time.

- - - Updated - - -

Which one are you going to find more accurate, online polls which can be heavily manipulated to take a side, or BLizzard getting responses directly from players? Only a fool would have more faith in online polls.
    Funny you think blizzards word is fact...

on please show all these social media where Blizzard ask about feed back that also could not have been as Flawed as the polls......

I gave more than you, all you have is "trust blizzard"

So your saying a realm with a high population but 5% 95% is some how healthy... interesting you live in any reality? and more-so you think it's ok for blizzard to sell it as healthy without bringing in the faction imbalance (right? you get paid to defend blizzard on this crap?)

asked what players? so far all we have is blizzard saying we asked some players but no one seems to have found anyone that was asked.

ya I'll give the "flawed" multiple polls much more weight.

** - maybe their internal polling is as accurate as their AV ban (what was it a "bug in our analytics data")
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-09-12 at 06:08 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

Then I am a fool. Believing is seeing, specially when it comes to a company with a history of breaking promises.

The person that takes a companies word, that has a history of breaking promises, is the bigger fool.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    So are you going to be paying to upgrade the servers for the 1 month it's needed until everyone bails like usual or are you just here to complain?

I sure as hell wouldn't pay for that if I was anyone from the company knowing the collapse of realms soon to come.
    Sure but then stop charging me for not playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    There is a very simple solution to all of this. Allow cross server gameplay. It doesn't have to be completely cross server, just instanced cross server, as it was when they first added it to wow. Just change a little something something and allow all instanced gameplay to be completed with a cross server group.

Theres an extremely large chunk of players that literally wouldnt care what server they were on if this was enabled.
    This was my first thought in response to the wotlk fresh servers. I do agree that spinning up another fresh PVP server would virtually guarantee a Horde Server and Alliance server...but if you just make those 2 servers act as cross faction servers between each other....than does it even matter?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosefern View Post
    This was my first thought in response to the wotlk fresh servers. I do agree that spinning up another fresh PVP server would virtually guarantee a Horde Server and Alliance server...but if you just make those 2 servers act as cross faction servers between each other....than does it even matter?
    Slippery slope. If it works on these servers then people are going to want it on all the servers. And if CRZ is on all the servers then Classic has yet again lost one of the things which makes it its own thing. Terminally online forum posters will tell you this doesn't matter but clearly Blizzard is of the opinion that it does so I doubt they'd ever go this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Slippery slope. If it works on these servers then people are going to want it on all the servers. And if CRZ is on all the servers then Classic has yet again lost one of the things which makes it its own thing. Terminally online forum posters will tell you this doesn't matter but clearly Blizzard is of the opinion that it does so I doubt they'd ever go this direction.
    I do appreciate the slippery slope nature. And I will acknowledge that a change like this would be another step away from "pure classic". I don't know the answer.
    My thoughts are the #SomeChanges approach to WOTLK would be a good time to take stock of something like this and weight the pros and cons.

If faction balances and server populations are so far out of whack from what original vanilla wow and tbc was seeing, then the ship has already sailed on keeping classic pure in this respect. I think Blizzard is always defaulting to their pillar of "preserving community social interactions" which is admirable...but not sure 3 hour login queues are doing anything to help that either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosefern View Post
    I do appreciate the slippery slope nature. And I will acknowledge that a change like this would be another step away from "pure classic". I don't know the answer.
    My thoughts are the #SomeChanges approach to WOTLK would be a good time to take stock of something like this and weight the pros and cons.

If faction balances and server populations are so far out of whack from what original vanilla wow and tbc was seeing, then the ship has already sailed on keeping classic pure in this respect. I think Blizzard is always defaulting to their pillar of "preserving community social interactions" which is admirable...but not sure 3 hour login queues are doing anything to help that either.
    As others in this thread have noted, Blizzard is hesitant to make permanent changes to solve temporary problems. CRZ was developed, in part, to combat this exact issue so it kind of feels like the answer is right there and Blizzard is refusing to do it. It's a difficult subject for Blizzard to attempt appeasing the entire community on because while most players will agree that server queues are bad they will also concede that the longterm impacts of dead/dying servers months down the road are just as bad. You can't have one without the other so Blizzard is left with the unenviable position of finding a solution for a problem which will largely fall out of the public consciousness once the initial burst of players dies down.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-09-12 at 07:32 PM.

As others in this thread have noted, Blizzard is hesitant to make permanent changes to solve temporary problems. CRZ was developed, in part, to combat this exact issue so it kind of feels like the answer is right there and Blizzard is refusing to do it. It's a difficult subject for Blizzard to attempt appeasing the entire community on because while most players will agree that server queues are bad they will also concede that the longterm impacts of dead/dying servers months down the road are just as bad. You can't have one without the other so Blizzard is left with the unenviable position of finding a solution for a problem that will largely fall out of the public consciousness' mind once the initial burst of players dies down.
    The solution is to rework the server to have you pick a character then a server to spawn on ( I know this way,way,way easier said then done) or to allow free transfers with just a 30 day cool down.

This server issue is so bad because they have shown that after decades they are unwilling to ever properly address it and rather monetize the issue.

3+ Year Old Account
    This is why they shouldn't do CRZ. Instanced activities only. I dont think there should be entire zones which have multiple realms accessing them.

It should just be that you can join a group with a friend from a different realm and when you get into the instance or join a pvp game, you are there together in that instance.

This would combat all of the problems immediately.

Think about it: alot of people are staying on servers like benediction because thats either where their friends are or they think they will find better groups for various activities there. If you can Q instanced content from any realm with any person, it eliminates that problem. I would literally transfer to the lowest population bongwater server i could find and make my leveling easier. lol

I am with this 100%, but Blizzard will be Blizzard I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    Anyone with a double digit iq knew that the fresh servers are where 99% of the players would play.
    Sure, but it's shame on Blizzard for not monitoring them and handling the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No, they are right.

We are talking about spikes which last a couple of months. And after ICC comes out, we will see the very last spike.

SO it´s simply not worth it to invest time or resources into fixing this "problem".
    So you are saying the technology exists? Because Blizzard literally said "this technology does not exist".
    They just think the current model is the most profitable one, which means, there is a solution, but they are just not valuing the players time high enough. That sounds like a reasonable thing to complain about.

Funny you think blizzards word is fact...

on please show all these social media where Blizzard ask about feed back that also could not have been as Flawed as the polls......

I gave more than you, all you have is "trust blizzard"
    NBO you have not. All you have given is "The completely unscientifid random online polls with sever flaws are 100% fact". What I gavew you is data supplied DIRECTLY to BLizzard on their forum which requires an actual sub to vote in. Your polls cannot even verify that any of them are actually playing. Tellme again how you have given me more?

So your saying a realm with a high population but 5% 95% is some how healthy... interesting you live in any reality? and more-so you think it's ok for blizzard to sell it as healthy without bringing in the faction imbalance (right? you get paid to defend blizzard on this crap?)
    Once again misrepresenting my words. What I am saying is that a high population realm that is 95/5 is healthy for the 95 while unhealthy for the 5. But why use common sense when you can just spin them to fit your anti-BLizzard narrative with an added ad hominem attack for spice?

asked what players? so far all we have is blizzard saying we asked some players but no one seems to have found anyone that was asked.

ya I'll give the "flawed" multiple polls much more weight.

** - maybe their internal polling is as accurate as their AV ban (what was it a "bug in our analytics data")
    They literally had a poll on their official site which requires and active sub to post on. [/quote] Well of course you do because it agrees with your narrative. You will agree with anything that makes you look right. If Blizzard says the sky was blue and an online site said Blizzard is wrong, the sky is greed, you would claim the sky is green.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why they shouldn't do CRZ. Instanced activities only. I dont think there should be entire zones which have multiple realms accessing them.

It should just be that you can join a group with a friend from a different realm and when you get into the instance or join a pvp game, you are there together in that instance.

This would combat all of the problems immediately.

Think about it: alot of people are staying on servers like benediction because thats either where their friends are or they think they will find better groups for various activities there. If you can Q instanced content from any realm with any person, it eliminates that problem. I would literally transfer to the lowest population bongwater server i could find and make my leveling easier. lol
    No it would not. That will in no way get rid of queues as that does not lessen the number of poeple already on the realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fearlof View Post
    Sure but then stop charging me for not playing!
    Cancel your sub then. Blizzard isn't forcing you to pay for anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Then I am a fool. Believing is seeing, specially when it comes to a company with a history of breaking promises.

The person that takes a companies word, that has a history of breaking promises, is the bigger fool.
    No the bigger fool isa the operson taking the word of random websites who cannot even verfiy any of their voters are actually playing over a poll on an official site that requires you to have an active sub to even participate in.

NBO you have not. All you have given is "The completely unscientifid random online polls with sever flaws are 100% fact". What I gavew you is data supplied DIRECTLY to BLizzard on their forum which requires an actual sub to vote in. Your polls cannot even verify that any of them are actually playing. Tellme again how you have given me more?

Once again misrepresenting my words. What I am saying is that a high population realm that is 95/5 is healthy for the 95 while unhealthy for the 5. But why use common sense when you can just spin them to fit your anti-BLizzard narrative with an added ad hominem attack for spice?

They literally had a poll on their official site which requires and active sub to post on.
    playing the odd's I'll still take the (more than one) random online polls.

what data did you give? really what poll results didn't see any links in your posts did I miss it?

In a 2 faction game (PVE or even PVP) having a 95% 5% faction balance is healthy huh? *real great health never seeing the other faction even if you are on a PVE server... nah not misrepresenting your words in the least. (or the fact blizzard passing it off has healthy with out bringing up the faction issue (my original point), ya just dishonest as fuck)

please post the poll from the official site then...

*doing some general googling these look to be the LK surveys where is it asking for RDF?
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/wrath-o...lizzard-326500
    https://tbc.wowhead.com/news/wrath-o...nd-toys-326656

maybe you can post the official one Blizzard released for RDF for everyone here and the results?
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-09-22 at 01:39 PM.

3+ Year Old Account

No it would not. That will in no way get rid of queues as that does not lessen the number of poeple already on the realms.

It would give people to incentive to transfer off of the mega servers. Most people only stay so that they can Q / raid / dungeon with their friends. If you make that able to happen cross realm, there would be no reason to HAVE to stay on the servers, therefore people WOULD 100% transfer off the mega servers, which would reduce / absolve Q times.

It's not that hard of a concept to understand.

It would give people to incentive to transfer off of the mega servers. Most people only stay so that they can Q / raid / dungeon with their friends. If you make that able to happen cross realm, there would be no reason to HAVE to stay on the servers, therefore people WOULD 100% transfer off the mega servers, which would reduce / absolve Q times.

It's not that hard of a concept to understand.
    That costs money. Money people may not want to spend.