Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Triggered are we? It is worse for Britain, as others are also pointing out to you. You shouldn't take everything dribbles says for granted.
    And all this has absolutely fuck-all to do with the monarchy, or Elizabeth personally, so why are we derailing the thread with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    It is? Take your anti-British shite to the Brexit thread.
    anti-british shite? lmfao uve been watching too much GB news.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And all this has absolutely fuck-all to do with the monarchy, or Elizabeth personally, so why are we derailing the thread with it?
    it has to do with charlie boys incoming reign

10+ Year Old Account
    But is has to do with what ol' Charlie has to deal with.
    But back on topic: the way he summoned his servant to move the inkpot 8 inches was embarrassing.

But back on topic: the way he summoned his servant to move the inkpot 8 inches was embarrassing.
    king now tho innit

10+ Year Old Account
    You are really comparing a ceremonial role, cutting ribbons etc. to a job with actual responsibilities?
    Well, the did more than ribbon cutting, etc. And considering many current politicians, are not fulfilling their responsibilities of being elected by the people.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    It has to do with charlie boys incoming reign
    It really doesn't, because the Sovereign has absolutely fuck-all to do with the governance of the United Kingdom. It's a ceremonial position at best.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the King's responsibility to deal with any of this stuff. That's not what the monarchy does. You're trying to blame the monarchy for the failures of the UK Parliament. Who they have no control over.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It means that the inflation numbers, strikes, GDP and other metrics is how we know the UK is doing worst than other countries. While everyone is facing the same thing it is not the same level, that's like saying Sri Lanka is facing the same issues as the UK.
    This is not accurate and has nothing to do with the thread.

No-one is asking you to care about the Queen's death however it is important to many us in the UK so please show some respect and take this nonsense to one of the other threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really doesn't, because the Sovereign has absolutely fuck-all to do with the governance of the United Kingdom. It's a ceremonial position at best.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not the King's responsibility to deal with any of this stuff. That's not what the monarchy does. You're trying to blame the monarchy for the failures of the UK Parliament. Who they have no control over.
    I'm not blaming them at all. I know what a monarchy does. But as a king, he still has to deal with it. Address it in his Christmas speech, meeting the PM a zillion times.
    Can he do something about it? No.
    Does he have to deal with it? Yes.

bro they lobby the government for changes in legislation for example : https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...private-wealth

or queens consent stuff : https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...queens-consent

You are ignorant about this kind of thing in the provinces.

- - - Updated - - -

No-one is asking you to care about the Queen's death however it is important to many us in the UK so please show some respect and take this nonsense to one of the other threads.
    I would actually like to see more jokes

7+ Year Old Account
    Triggered are we? It is worse for Britain, as others are also pointing out to you. You shouldn't take everything dribbles says for granted.
    The fact that there are more food banks then McDonald's should be kinda worrying because there are plenty McD's in Britain.
    Please don't bring me into this with your nonsense. I here in England, along with all the peoples of the commonwealth are in mourning right now for the Queen who was at its head. She was the most successful unifying leader gifted to everyone by the British and the likes of which the world will never see again, she represented a third of the global population or 2.5 billion people, and we miss her dearly. I feel sorry for those like you that are not a part of that and forgive you for not understanding the depth of sorrow felt across the world.

King Charles will do a fantastic job as he takes over these responsibilities and will ensure that as today, the sun never sets on his Commonwealth.

God save the King.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account

I think more people in the world do think it's not that big of a deal a 96 year old died .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Please don't bring me into this with your nonsense. I here in England, along with all the peoples of the commonwealth are in mourning right now for the Queen who was at its head. She was the most successful unifying leader gifted to everyone by the British and the likes of which the world will never see again, she represented a third of the global population or 2.5 billion people, and we miss her dearly. I feel sorry for those like you that are not a part of that and forgive you for not understanding the depth of sorrow felt across the world.

King Charles will do a fantastic job as he takes over these responsibilities and will ensure that as today, the sun never sets on his Commonwealth.

God save the King.
    The same commonwealth where most countries are considering cutting their ties now the Queen has passed? That commonwealth?

She was 96 years old she won at life by being born and outliving most humans, you should be celebrating her death if you care about her but I don't get the whole worshipping the royals thing so whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post

God save the King.
    It is rather pretentious of you to think you speak for millions of people, how colonial of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    She was 96 years old she won at life by being born and outliving most humans, you should be celebrating her death if you care about her but I don't get the whole worshipping the royals thing so whatever.
    Unfortunately not getting a topic but still feeling able to share a opinion about said topic seems to be quite a theme nowadays.

Unfortunately not getting a topic but still feeling able to share a opinion about said topic seems to be quite a theme nowadays.
    Sharing an opinion in a opinion forum my word what has the world come to

But the majority of the world's politicians were elected, not brought into position by being born in an "inbred" family. And those politicians can be held accountable.
    Every politician in the world chose to become politicians... so they are greedy for power or to change the world, most likely both.
    Royal kids didnt choose to be born an heir to the crown (how could you?)... so they more often than not lack the greed for power.

Its always the people who are forced into leading roles who do better than those who want it.

But keep on writing those conspiracy theories... its funny to read how much headcanon someone can have about something they dont understand.
    Kinda like flat earthers trying to debunk the globe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Every politician in the world chose to become politicians... so they are greedy for power or to change the world, most likely both.
    Royal kids didnt choose to be born an heir to the crown (how could you?)... so they more often than not lack the greed for power.

Its always the people who are forced into leading roles who do better than those who want it.

But keep on writing those conspiracy theories... its funny to read how much headcanon someone can have about something they dont understand.
    Except being born into leadership in no way actually qualifies a person to be a leader.

As for "kings/Queens don't seek power," what in the hell are you talking about? History is full of cruel despots and monarchs that went to war solely to expand their empires and starved their own populace with callous disregard because they were too caught up in their royal trappings. That's why kings and queens were done away with. Even places that still have them invest their powers not in the monarch but in an elected body like parliament.

A person who rises to political power from the place of a normal person might, in theory, have an understanding of what it means to have grown up as a normal person and the struggles and plight they face. A king or queen will never know what it means to be anything other than a king or queen, and instead of having any system wherein they're held accountable you just kind of have to hope that they'll be a good leader.

You can point to a moron like Donald Trump being elected president... But democracy is the only way such a moron would ever be removed (relatively) peacefully. Can you imagine if he was a king? There's nothing that would prevent a moron like him from being monarch-for-life were they born into such a situation, and nothing to remove him from said place of power short of overthrowing the entire government.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account

Funny, could you point out where I am writing a conspiracy theory? Since it's against the rules, it will mean I'll get refracted. Or perhaps you have no understanding of what a conspiracy theory is?

Citation needed for this part:
    And finally, yes Royal children didn't chose to be born royal. But they sure as hell can choose not to be royal anymore.

That's a generalization and very wrong, there's a reason that as species we've moved away from monarchies. It is a very false and flawed concept to think because you are born of wealth and power you don't want more. It is against human nature we always want more it's why you have billionaires stealing what amounts to pennies to them from the poor.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I mean they could, but they'd always be the ex-prince or ex-princess, they'd never be able to live a truly normal life. They'd still need security because they'd be high value targets. Any public facing job would be out of the question as they'd become tourist attractions. Maybe their kids could have a chance at a reasonably normal life, but the press probably wouldn't let them. It would take a few generations for it all to blow over.
    so he can let start that, good
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

10+ Year Old Account
    Something that just occurred to me; Would it be necessary to rename the country, should the monarchy get abolished? UK stands for United Kingdom, after all.

I'd imagine the country can call itself whatever it wants, and a name change is not strictly speaking a requirement, but it would feel a little odd if it kept it's old name.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?