Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I thought that was funny how she just rejected the royal/UK haters and then turned the tables on Don Lemon.
    How did she turn the tables, exactly? Because all she did was engage in whataboutism and false equivalences (no, Miss Fordwich, slavery as practiced in Africa is not the same as chattel slavery as practiced by Europeans), to say nothing of omitting the *other* shit the British Empire owes reparations for. E.g. famines in Ireland and India.

Also I heard that Megan Markle asked to talk to King Charles one-on-one while she was in the UK but then he just ignores her. Markle still needs to apologize for that shady interview she did with Oprah.
    If you'd actually watched said interview rather than talking out your ass you'd understand that Markle is owed the apology, not Charles.
    The Were/Was Army: "Nooo you can't just vaporize my entire armored division, we had such a manly recruitment ad!"
    The They/Them Army: "Omg integrated fire support?? Go off queen sksksks, JDAMs are such a gemini thing."

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    How did she turn the tables, exactly? Because all she did was engage in whataboutism and false equivalences (no, Miss Fordwich, slavery as practiced in Africa is not the same as chattel slavery as practiced by Europeans), to say nothing of omitting the *other* shit the British Empire owes reparations for. E.g. famines in Ireland and India.
    Bears pointing out that the UK, despite nominally banning slavery in the Magna Carta, maintained systems of effective slavery like indentured servitude, and had no restrictions on slavery in the broader Empire; the "ban" only applied in the UK itself. Which is why, for instance, British colonials were key to establishing the transatlantic slave trade in what would become the USA (not exclusively, of course, it was active throughout the Carribean with other European powers as well). Just by way of example.

The UK's actual proper ban on slavery was passed into law in 1833.

If you'd actually watched said interview rather than talking out your ass you'd understand that Markle is owed the apology, not Charles.
    He's her father-in-law. Skipping over that this is tabloid-level bullshit, if Charles did snub her request to talk, he's the one being an asshole, like you said. The only people who think Markle's been in the wrong about anything are racists who're still really upset that a black woman married into the British Royal Family.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The only people who think Markle's been in the wrong about anything are racists who're still really upset that a black woman married into the British Royal Family.
    The whole Markle saga basically shows how racist the UK still is, you have a pedophile in the family and she takes all the bad headlines. I even saw a few fluff pieces for Andrew talking about how good he is with dogs or whatever had to resist the urge to puke.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    The whole Markle saga basically shows how racist the UK still is, you have a pedophile in the family and she takes all the bad headlines. I even saw a few fluff pieces for Andrew talking about how good he is with dogs or whatever had to resist the urge to puke.
    I agree, I have older family members who are willing to believe everything negative ever reported about Megan and how weak Harry was for going along with her... while in the same conversation (last week) pointed out Andrew has never been found guilty in court... totally ignoring the fact he had to sell his Swiss ski chalet to pay the out of court settlement.

We have spoken about Andrew and Megan quite a few times over the last few years and I'm not going to lie I cant find a valid reason outside of racism for the obvious double standards.
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Wealth inequality is here to stay, sometimes it's just how lifes cookie crumbles and all of society is better off for it.

didnt the royals ask megan markle just how black was her baby gonna be?

I believe her. That sounds like something a Royal who's never had to actually do anything meaninful in their life other than learning how to wave would say.
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Iliena View Post
    I agree, I have older family members who are willing to believe everything negative ever reported about Megan and how weak Harry was for going along with her... while in the same conversation (last week) pointed out Andrew has never been found guilty in court... totally ignoring the fact he had to sell his Swiss ski chalet to pay the out of court settlement.

We have spoken about Andrew and Megan quite a few times over the last few years and I'm not going to lie I cant find a valid reason outside of racism for the obvious double standards.
    The narrative also makes no sense she's an evil seductress gold digger whose entire plot is to get as far away from the family as possible and cause dissent...

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    didnt the royals ask megan markle just how black was her baby gonna be?

I believe her. That sounds like something a Royal who's never had to actually do anything meaninful in their life other than learning how to wave would say.
    There were apparently "concerns", yes…
    "There [were] conversations with Harry about how dark your baby is going to be and what that would mean or look like," she said.

Oprah followed up: "They were concerned that if he were too brown that that would be a problem?" Markle responded, "I wasn't able to follow up. If that's the assumption you're making...that would be a safe one."

Markle confirmed that Harry had spoken to a close family member on the subject of their future child's skin color, but opted not to share names, as it would be too "damaging" for the individual. Later, Harry told Oprah that he would "never" share the details of that exchange, but did say it happened "early on" in his relationship with Markle.

The following day, on CBS This Morning, Oprah added that Harry wanted her to know that his grandparents, Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip, were not involved in those conversations.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman