Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    I get that, but I had no idea if it started FROM today or counted achievements since the release of the pre-patch, guess I better think twice about posting "silly shit" as to not upset the little forum kids like yourself, calm down.
    Hmm, you seem upset. Care to tell the class how you really feel?
    It was in the thumbnail and you missed it, no one cares, calm down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds doable.. Just gotta find a dead server.

7+ Year Old Account
    How long it takes ?

Damn it ...

I havent been subbed since SL start, but this mount looks cool. I will have to resub to get it :C .

So how is the DK starting stuff done in classic? Do I need to level another class to 50 before I can make a DK? I havent played classic at all.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Damn it ...

I havent been subbed since SL start, but this mount looks cool. I will have to resub to get it :C .

So how is the DK starting stuff done in classic? Do I need to level another class to 50 before I can make a DK? I havent played classic at all.
    You do not, as long as you're not on a Fresh realm. Just being on Wrath Classic will allow you to roll a DK.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2022-09-08 at 07:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Correct me if something has changed since, but can't you only make a DK on a realm you have a 55+ character on? I tried to make a DK on the realm my alliance characters are on but my only 55+ character is a hordie on another realm and it would not let me make one. This was the day prepatch came out I think.

Unless something has changed, you won't see floods of non-classic players just making DKs out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Izalla; 2022-09-08 at 07:04 PM.

Man, I’m really gonna have to play wotlk just to do that dire starting experience? Ho boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Correct me if something has changed since, but can't you only make a DK on a realm you have a 55+ character on?
    Your FIRST dk can be created on any server without any restriction, except for the fresh start servers (see below). You do not need a 55+ character on that server.
    For your second dk and onwards AND for fresh start servers you DO need a 55+ character on that server.

In my case my highest lvl character was lvl 24 and was able to create a dk on that same server on the day the pre-patch went live.

1+ Year Old Account
    I never played Classic. Does it still have the rule of having a 60 character before being allowed to create a dk?

Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    I'm genuinely curious why this is even a thing, the only precedent for this is the promotional content for HOTS or Hearthstone that reward a mount, but I don't think classic WOTLK needs a promotional content to be popular??
    It gets people who aren't sub to just resub for a mount.

I love Blizzard, Ion should have my babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    I never played Classic. Does it still have the rule of having a 60 character before being allowed to create a dk?
    only on fresh servers as far as i have read in other posts
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    It gets people who aren't sub to just resub for a mount.
    Hate this whole bait and switch mentality blizzard has. Just to pad their subscription numbers and makes it look good for the shareholders and they can say game is doing fantastic. Look at this month. Pitiful in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Hate this whole bait and switch mentality blizzard has. Just to pad their subscription numbers and makes it look good for the shareholders and they can say game is doing fantastic. Look at this month. Pitiful in my opinion.
    God forbid a for-profit company tries to make... profit. What the hell are they thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Yesterday:
    Classic servers are very unstable, hour long queues, you can't create characters on certain realms anymore, some realms are literally at their cap, etc..

Today:
    Play Classic to get a free Retail mount.
    To be fair nothing stops you from doing so on small servers.

But still, the timing is indeed hardly ideal.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Didn't they originally say that you wouldn't have to play classic WoW to get stuff for retail WoW? So people who played retail wouldn't feel "forced" to play classic?

Glad that it's another fugly proto drake.. otherwise I might have felt a twinge of regret and may have played classic despite having no interest in it.

I was gonna play a DK anyway so a nice looking free mount for me. Aren't the starting zones getting ridiculously overcrowded now?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Yep. Blizzard wins again at the bad timing awards. My god.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you normally just post in threads without reading the original post?
    The issue has literally been on a couple major servers, most servers are fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Glad that it's another fugly proto drake.. otherwise I might have felt a twinge of regret and may have played classic despite having no interest in it.
    I think it's one of the new types that can be used for dragonriding.