Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malico View Post
    So what do you need to do? Create DK, do all quests and then you are done?
    Complete the DK starting zone to where you go to your new factions leader and turn in the final quest.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

It also takes off in a strange movement when standing still. It’s whole body lurched forward, it’s just strange.

so I haven't been able to see - but is this limited time offer? or will it be available in perpetuity? cause I didn't plan to subscribe until like November due to just general lack of free time and trying to figure out if it will still be available then?

To get the mount, do you have to do it by September 26? Has anyone seen a deadline anywhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    Didn't they originally say that you wouldn't have to play classic WoW to get stuff for retail WoW? So people who played retail wouldn't feel "forced" to play classic?
    no, they said things you would get in classic will not transfer to retail, so you dont have to play classic to get some things that are no longer obtainable in retail (like zulian tiger), nothing about cross-game promotions, which is not even something new, we had one with hots and hs too...

and this takes under 2 hours, if you cant be bothered to do that then you dont deserve the mount

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

Why would they resub for a mount if they arnt going to play?
    FOMO, maybe they'll play again one day? Maybe they'll play in Dragonflight. Just because you aren't playing right now doesn't mean you'll never play again. Maybe your on the fence and your like "eh, I get a free mount so I may aswell give it a go". Lots of reasons.

I thought they said that nothing you did in the "Classic" games would carry over to the "Live" game... guess they changed their mind on that! Cause giving you rewards in the "live" game based off of what you do in the Classic games goes against their earlier statements, regardless of people hand waiving it away by saying "cross-promotional stuff existed before and it doesn't count"

How long is the starting DK experience? A long quest line or days/weeks? Cannot remember!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agall View Post
    I'm genuinely curious why this is even a thing, the only precedent for this is the promotional content for HOTS or Hearthstone that reward a mount, but I don't think classic WOTLK needs a promotional content to be popular??
    Do you understand that this is, afterall, a business? Perfectly normal... They make money and you get a mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittahsmash View Post
    I thought they said that nothing you did in the "Classic" games would carry over to the "Live" game... guess they changed their mind on that! Cause giving you rewards in the "live" game based off of what you do in the Classic games goes against their earlier statements, regardless of people hand waiving it away by saying "cross-promotional stuff existed before and it doesn't count"
    NO, that pertains to things that are no longer available in retail such as the ZG Tiger. This is a cross promotion. You are trying to spin things to fit your narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elendil View Post
    How long is the starting DK experience? A long quest line or days/weeks? Cannot remember!
    Takes like 2 hours. Just a starting zone.

Hey look a cool new mount that's going to be entirely useless when Dragonflight launches due to the new flight system only applying to your "cutomizable dragon".

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Hey look a cool new mount that's going to be entirely useless when Dragonflight launches due to the new flight system only applying to your "cutomizable dragon".
    Yopu mean the old world no longer exists? That Being able to fly with those mounts in Dragon Isles will n ever happen? Oh wait, old world still will exists and flying will be unlocked later. SO, the mount will not be useless.

Doing this now: going back to Wrath, it's amazing how much QOL stuff has been added since then.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    This should have been the legion class mount, not the abomination we got back in the days.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Yopu mean the old world no longer exists? That Being able to fly with those mounts in Dragon Isles will n ever happen? Oh wait, old world still will exists and flying will be unlocked later. SO, the mount will not be useless.
    Blizz has stated they may bring the new flying to the old world, and they've made NO mention of the new flying, which is directly superior to old flying in every way when upgraded, being made available for old mounts.

You're essentially making the same argument people made with ground mounts, saying flying wouldn't invalidate them. Which, aside from brief periods at the start of expansions, they were tottally invalidated.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    1- there is places you cant dragonfly, like most of the dungeons
    2- it says it will work in dragonflight so we assume it is a skin for the protodrake, like the gladiator mount is a skin for the normal drake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fitsu View Post
    FOMO, maybe they'll play again one day? Maybe they'll play in Dragonflight. Just because you aren't playing right now doesn't mean you'll never play again. Maybe your on the fence and your like "eh, I get a free mount so I may aswell give it a go". Lots of reasons.
    Fomo of what? again, it is not limited time, so why would they have fear of missing out, if there is no missing out?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Do you understand that this is, afterall, a business? Perfectly normal... They make money and you get a mount.
    How do they make money, if you are subbed to be able to play retail, wow classic is free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    1- there is places you cant dragonfly, like most of the dungeons
    2- it says it will work in dragonflight so we assume it is a skin for the protodrake, like the gladiator mount is a skin for the normal drake.

- - - Updated - - -

Fomo of what? again, it is not limited time, so why would they have fear of missing out, if there is no missing out?

- - - Updated - - -

How do they make money, if you are subbed to be able to play retail, wow classic is free.
    Who said it won't be removed once WOTLK Classic is out?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Who said it won't be removed once WOTLK Classic is out?
    Who said it will?
    If it was going to be removed when wotlk classic comes out, ya think it would say that wouldnt ya?
    especially since that is only a few weeks away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Fugly Proto-drake? This is the coolest Proto-drake in the came, aside from perhaps the Ironbound.
    It's like a vanta black paint coat and gold plated spinners on a fiat multipla, it's still a fugly car. It having decent textures and some nice horns doesn't change that it's one of these ugly ass proto drakes. Never got the hype about them, as far as dragons go they were always the least appealing kind.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    It's like a vanta black paint coat and gold plated spinners on a fiat multipla, it's still a fugly car. It having decent textures and some nice horns doesn't change that it's one of these ugly ass proto drakes. Never got the hype about them, as far as dragons go they were always the least appealing kind.
    I have to agree with you on this one. Once I earned it, I quickly took it off my bar and it will just be a mount towards achievements.