Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I really don't know, why it happens. Is it intentional or not. May that's because employee, who is responsible for adding mounts for events - is simply incompetent. But it's second great mount I can't use, because it's FLAGGED AS GROUND MOUNT, so it's summoned in no-flying locations, if I add it to favorites.

There was discussion about it on official forums where Blizzard devs admitted problems with wrong mount/location flagging as flyable/ground. But instead of fixing broken Obsidian Worldbreaker, they added another such mount. And, I guess, there are no signs of fixes for this problem on PTR/Beta.
    The Frostblood Proto-Wrym and Obsidian Worldbreaker mounts being flagged as grounds mounts isn't a bug or an error on the developers' part - it's because, as mentioned previously, these are promotional mounts designed to be used at both max level and lower levels (including where people cannot fly), so they're flagged in such a way that they'll pop up in both scenarios. The same is true of all promotional mounts, really.

That you find it annoying or aesthetically displeasing isn't a problem on Blizzard's part - it's a you thing, and if you *require* it to be addressed in order to be happy then there are approaches that will work, such as the aforementioned add-ons.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    The Frostblood Proto-Wrym and Obsidian Worldbreaker mounts being flagged as grounds mounts isn't a bug or an error on the developers' part - it's because, as mentioned previously, these are promotional mounts designed to be used at both max level and lower levels (including where people cannot fly), so they're flagged in such a way that they'll pop up in both scenarios. The same is true of all promotional mounts, really.

That you find it annoying or aesthetically displeasing isn't a problem on Blizzard's part - it's a you thing, and if you *require* it to be addressed in order to be happy then there are approaches that will work, such as the aforementioned add-ons.
    This is really strange approach. As I know, since WOD all mounts can be used as ground mounts. So, this flag isn't needed to make mount accessible at low level. I was told, that I could always use desired mount via summoning it directly. Why can't they do exactly the same? Why should they be able to use random favorite mount, so random favorite mount should be tuned for them? So, some 20 level newbies >> endgame players? Strange logic.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is really strange approach. As I know, since WOD all mounts can be used as ground mounts. So, this flag isn't needed to make mount accessible at low level. I was told, that I could always use desired mount via summoning it directly. Why can't they do exactly the same? Why should they be able to use random favorite mount, so random favorite mount should be tuned for them? So, some 20 level newbies >> endgame players? Strange logic.
    I thought with a person like you and the view you have on content and such, that you would be pleased that something you unlock or earn, can be used wherever you wish?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Not really, it's more about accessibility and general ease of use. Your issue is an aesthetic one, you don't like ostensibly flying mounts summoned in ground-only zones - that's a fine quibble to have, but not all players have it or generally care. If a mount is tagged as promotional, it's going to be flagged as usable on the ground so everyone can use it in any situation, regardless of level. It's not really favoritism or level prejudice, it's just down to the easiest flag for the widest availability of usage (hence the "promotional" aspect). The devs likely figure if someone really cares as much as you do, they're going to leverage one of the many add-ons that grant the kind of granularity to mount favorites and such.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Not really, it's more about accessibility and general ease of use. Your issue is an aesthetic one, you don't like ostensibly flying mounts summoned in ground-only zones - that's a fine quibble to have, but not all players have it or generally care. If a mount is tagged as promotional, it's going to be flagged as usable on the ground so everyone can use it in any situation, regardless of level. It's not really favoritism or level prejudice, it's just down to the easiest flag for the widest availability of usage (hence the "promotional" aspect). The devs likely figure if someone really cares as much as you do, they're going to leverage one of the many add-ons that grant the kind of granularity to mount favorites and such.
    I've just tested it. Flying mounts are usable at level 20 as ground mounts. Without any flags. This could be only viable reason for justifying such design. This is strange approach, because leveling is temporal state, while endgame is "permanent". So, temporal >> permanent?

Yeah, may be I will install addon to fix this problem. What I don't like about addons - their settings aren't synced via server by default, so I have to do it manually. I play on two computers (even 3, when I'm on vocation), so syncing settings between them is a little bit painful.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really do just complain about anything and everything.

Quite literally a thread complaining about and absolute non-factor.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

It's weird how on one thread it's nothing but Blizzard white-knights, but on others it's nothing but people attacking Blizzard for sexual harassment.

At any rate, I was interested to read this, because it now suddenly makes sense why I sometimes cannot summon a flying mount in Oribos before I go through the ZM portal.

It IS an annoying glitch, and will get you killed in war mode because kids camp the portal half the time. I don't see why people are outraged at the suggestion that Blizzard should take like an hour and fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post

Offtopic: game declines for reason. Because it has many problems. Each of these problems may seem small and unimportant. But when they combine, they make game unbearable. Some players don't notice them. But may be that's because they just live in their M+ bubble and don't see anything outside?

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Did you submit a bug report?
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    It's weird how on one thread it's nothing but Blizzard white-knights, but on others it's nothing but people attacking Blizzard for sexual harassment.

At any rate, I was interested to read this, because it now suddenly makes sense why I sometimes cannot summon a flying mount in Oribos before I go through the ZM portal.

It IS an annoying glitch, and will get you killed in war mode because kids camp the portal half the time. I don't see why people are outraged at the suggestion that Blizzard should take like an hour and fix it.
    Yeah, there is weird glitch in Oribos. If I fly to Oribos via flightpath - flying mounts are summoned there. If I go to Maw first - ground mounts are summoned instead. So, it really looks like Oribos inherits flyable flag from previous location, you have been in.

Flying mounts summoned in no flying location - is sign of programming crutch. Looks like any xpack has global flyable flag, that is controlled by achievement or something like that. But if devs want to make certain locations non-flyable (temporary for example - like in WOD scenarios) - they simply disable flying there, while this location is still flagged as flyable, so flying mounts are summoned there.

I guess, this crutch was implemented back in WOD, when initially devs didn't have plans to return flying (if it wasn't bluff). Crutches are bad. They're technical debts, that should be paid ASAP.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-10 at 05:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Offtopic: game declines for reason.
    Sure, I guess. You have your reasons to point to and say this. My reasons I point to are players like you making it worse.

Because it has many problems. Each of these problems may seem small and unimportant. But when they combine, they make game unbearable. Some players don't notice them.
    Many players notice them a lot. Nitpicking every little aspect that only *you* have a problem with isn't an example of the game's total and utter decline. Sorry, this mounting issue is not game breaking and not an example of the game's utter decline.

But may be that's because they just live in their M+ bubble and don't see anything outside?
    It is absurd for you to believe that just because players who raid, PvP, and do M+ are in some "bubble" who are not aware of literally anything else in the game, especially the self-proclaimed-super-casual's pleas for attention.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-09-10 at 11:50 AM.

Yeah, everything finally works correctly with this addon. But again. Addon settings aren't synced the same way, standard UI settings do. If I'll get new mount - I'll need to mark it as favorite on 3 computers. It's not hard, but I just hate to keep 100500 settings in mind. Don't we have computers exactly for automating such routine things?

Why don't I use cloud storage? Because there is another problem. My computers have different monitor aspect ratios. And: 1) It's harder to configure Wow UI to be aspect ratio aware 2) Not all addons handle this situation properly. I just don't want things to get messed one day. That's why I prefer to keep separate addon settings on different computers.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    You know, the simplest answer to why it's marked as both a ground and flying mount is because it's the same as with any other promotional or store mounts - you can use it even on lvl 20 chars. Who can't fly. Hence the mounts are marked as both. That's not a bug, but a design. If you can't deal with that, get an addon designed to asign mounts to each zone and/or character.
    This is actually just not true. It's absolutely an oversight/bug and not by design. New players could use flying mounts as ground mounts for several expansions now and yes, since level 20 even. And that especially when you consider that most other mounts of being capable to fly do not have this issue (and can be used at low levels).

This is such a BS argument anyways to an indeed minor, but legitimate concern. People shouldn't be "forced" into installing addons to fix Blizzard's own bugs. You'd expect from a multi-billion dollar company with thousands of employees to be capable of doing more than 1 thing at the same time and this whole argument "they have bigger issues to deal with it" is the single worst excuse you can make in an IT company. I am sure this was an oversight on their end and they will fix it as soon as it reaches them, but people who turn around issues like this is the player's fault and not Blizzard's is just plain stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Same issue...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    This is actually just not true. It's absolutely an oversight/bug and not by design. New players could use flying mounts as ground mounts for several expansions now and yes, since level 20 even. And that especially when you consider that most other mounts of being capable to fly do not have this issue (and can be used at low levels).

This is such a BS argument anyways to an indeed minor, but legitimate concern. People shouldn't be "forced" into installing addons to fix Blizzard's own bugs. You'd expect from a multi-billion dollar company with thousands of employees to be capable of doing more than 1 thing at the same time and this whole argument "they have bigger issues to deal with it" is the single worst excuse you can make in an IT company. I am sure this was an oversight on their end and they will fix it as soon as it reaches them, but people who turn around issues like this is the player's fault and not Blizzard's is just plain stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Same issue...
    Nope, it's literally part of the spaghetti code they wrote for shop mounts to be used both as ground and flying mounts, and it's not a bug. You can't learn flying mounts before you can fly, and this is to prevent that issue with new players. But yeah sure, Blizzard evil and so.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I mean it's obviously a bug and should be fixed, but it's it worth a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Nope, it's literally part of the spaghetti code they wrote for shop mounts to be used both as ground and flying mounts, and it's not a bug. You can't learn flying mounts before you can fly, and this is to prevent that issue with new players. But yeah sure, Blizzard evil and so.
    What you don't understand - is that "what mount is usable in this location" and "what mount can be summoned by RNG favorite mount in this location" - are two completely different and unrelated things. First thing - is server restriction, while second thing - is most likely just local UI thing. Flying mounts can be used as ground ones since WOD. No problems with summoning them, even if player haven't learned flying yet.