Poll: Return Call to Arms to Retail?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Call to Arms - Should it return?

For those who are new to WoW, call to arms picked 1 battleground and that battleground you could do all weekend long. This awarded the same rewards as doing random bg's but it would focus only on that 1 battleground for the whole weekend. I remember doing AV all weekend long back in the days, it gave you fast progress on specific's battlegrounds and good rewards.

Would you like to see Call to Arms returned?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

i stopped pvping years ago when they destroyed the in-game communities. call to arms fixes nothing. bgs are just nameless faceless people now.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I mean, It doesnt serve a purpose anymore Lore wise the horde and alliance are pretty much at peace now. Pvp is pretty much a different thing now either seen as "Skirmishes" to make sure our troops dont "Dull" outside of wartime, or "In there own little universe"

I am neutral on that. They'd first have to make BGs more fun for me to participate in that content again to be honest. Especially a lot of the newer ones feel like they were added for the sake of adding a new BG rather than because they had a great and fun new idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    i stopped pvping years ago when they destroyed the in-game communities. call to arms fixes nothing. bgs are just nameless faceless people now.
    How is this different then first introduction of bg's?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I mean, It doesnt serve a purpose anymore Lore wise the horde and alliance are pretty much at peace now. Pvp is pretty much a different thing now either seen as "Skirmishes" to make sure our troops dont "Dull" outside of wartime, or "In there own little universe"
    Well because lorewise we are no longer at, does that mean we remove PVP from the game? Because that get's rid of half your fanbase probably. Both PVE and PVP requires alot of love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Call to Arms would probably be great for PvP'ers, see no real reason why it shouldn't return, honestly. In terms of the lore, PvP has always kind of occupied its own bottle universe in terms of the game story - not to mention tableaus frozen in time like AV, AB, WG, and so on. I'd personally slap the CoT treatment on WoW's existing BG's and call it good, just have a few Bronze dragon NPCs in the intro go on about how the warfare between the Horde and Alliance was a matter of historical curiosity, how they shouldn't be forgotten, etc. and let it be its own thing.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Well then, get rid of all battlegrounds and PvP then. Going by your logic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    For those who are new to WoW, call to arms picked 1 battleground and that battleground you could do all weekend long. This awarded the same rewards as doing random bg's but it would focus only on that 1 battleground for the whole weekend. I remember doing AV all weekend long back in the days, it gave you fast progress on specific's battlegrounds and good rewards.

Would you like to see Call to Arms returned?
    Eh, it could return but I would change it up a bit to the point where a random battleground is selected every weekend (or every other weekend if the rewards were made higher). During that weekend, the chosen battleground offers a higher amount of honor and reputation than the random battlegrounds would do.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Definitely. Anything to mix things up is needed at this point, though I would make it for the whole week rather than just the weekend, since some people are busiest on the weekend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Definitely. Anything to mix things up is needed at this point, though I would make it for the whole week rather than just the weekend, since some people are busiest on the weekend.
    I know it is not going to match the area but.. I would so love to see a Snowy WSG... I love Snowy AB!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Well then, get rid of all battlegrounds and PvP then. Going by your logic.
    Well like i said, battlegrounds are there own Seperate thing Thats why in the lroe, these battles are never brought up. Im Just saying that lorewise they dont reallyt happen anymore, they are there own seperate Thing now Like Aucald said

"In terms of the lore, PvP has always kind of occupied its own bottle universe in terms of the game story "

Which i totally agree with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    I know it is not going to match the area but.. I would so love to see a Snowy WSG... I love Snowy AB!
    Agreed, any BG should have a snow version. Also make BG's more rewarding would help alot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, any BG should have a snow version.
    If able to, it would be a bit weird with a snowy Eye of the Storm, or Mines.

Also make BG's more rewarding would help alot.
    Well, that is why you should have Call to Arms back, to offer a higher reward than normal randoms, and normal randoms should offer a slightly higher increase than specific battlegrounds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    So you stopped back in '07-ish?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    If able to, it would be a bit weird with a snowy Eye of the Storm, or Mines.

Well, that is why you should have Call to Arms back, to offer a higher reward than normal randoms, and normal randoms should offer a slightly higher increase than specific battlegrounds.
    In general Battlegrounds need a good look at, just a Medal of Honor or nothing is not rewarding at all. Blizzard needs to return tokens/badges and proper chance on items just for pure lucksake.

And of course there can't be snow in the mines, you get the point. Enviroment changes would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    And of course there can't be snow in the mines, you get the point. Enviroment changes would be awesome.
    I had an evil idea... What if half the mine were flooded? Imagine the chaos!

15+ Year Old Account
    Should it return in retail? No, retail is no longer the game it once was, imo. As others have pointed out I don't think Call to Arms would make sense while the horde and alliance are kinda working somewhat together.

Thankfully I'm having a blast spamming AV (mostly losing but /care) in classic this weekend though, gearing up my char for wotlk release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Should it return in retail? No, retail is no longer the game it once was, imo. As others have pointed out I don't think Call to Arms would make sense while the horde and alliance are kinda working somewhat together.

Thankfully I'm having a blast spamming AV (mostly losing but /care) in classic this weekend though, gearing up my char for wotlk release.
    Well. Thought people were getting tired of peace? Especially since Alliance now has someone not keen on peace with the Horde even more than Genn.

Even so, Call to Arms could just be, in lore, translated to War games.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Now, hear me out.
    I think Call to Arms should return with a new rewards system.

With wins, you would gain significantly more honor and perhaps BG-specific currencies like back in the day. These currencies would give access to either Marks of Honor, or BG-specific cosmetics such as armors, mounts, etc. Think of it like Timewalking rewards, but more PvP cosmetic focused.

Losses could gain you better consolation gear / gold prizes than greens. Perhaps just Marks of Honor, but less than the win, so on and so forth. Promotes actually trying to win the BG. Participation rewards? Scoreboard chasing for objectives, perhaps? Promote good BG play using old BGs on a weekly rotation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well. Thought people were getting tired of peace? Especially since Alliance now has someone not keen on peace with the Horde even more than Genn.

Even so, Call to Arms could just be, in lore, translated to War games.
    True. I'm not a good pvper, but the whole faction conflict thing is kinda what got me to buy WoW back in 2005.

The problem I see with retail though is that everyone and their mother have been asking for cross faction stuff; raiding, guilds, and so on.

War games like you say could work, but it's not really the same as a proper faction conflict in my eyes. Personal opinion of course!