Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thumbs up What's your favourite mobile game and why?

Hey all,

Currently I'm into Clash Royale, but I'm looking to try out an array of mobile games to play in my spare time.

If you can, try to avoid the more mainstream ones like Fortnite, PUBG, Clash of Clans, etc.

What's your favourite mobile game and why do you like it so much?

- NuclearElephant

This has nothing to do with the topic but I don't play games on my phone. Thats what my computer is for.

Hearthstone really, a perfect bus trip game.

For absolute masochists, there is mobile version of Getting Over It, do try.

C.A.T.S, other than that I play a couple of idle games that I check in on every couple of days

Edit: Gems Of War has also been on my phone pretty much since day 1

Alto's Adventure and Alto's Odyssey. I also like Punch Quest and stickman golf,

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't count emulators, then the Motorsport Manager Mobile series. The graphics are super simplistic, but I find the management system to be pretty addictive. And I like firing drivers and engineers who think they deserve new contracts. You'll get nothing and like it! /shakesfist
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Kingdom Rush.

Started out as mobile, also on Steam now.

It's a finished game, no MTX bullshit. You can only pay for (optional) heroes, no time gating at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, I'm bouncing back and forth between "AFK Arena" a surprisingly solid Idle game and Disidia Final Fantasy Opera Omni, a surprisingly generous Squeenix mobile game. Both are solid games, but have their flaws. Would recommend both to anyone that has a few hours to kill.

All time favourite though, would be "Fantasy War Tactics". It was an amazing, super generous TRPG. But then it got sold to a really shitty chinese dev, who ran it into the ground...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

None, because I don't play games on the toilet.

there is "Sky: Children of The Light" by Journey's guys
    perfect example of what's possible on mobile
    people aren't aware of playstation 3 in their pockets

i'm building a clone of this, so that i can slap some gameplay onto it and have my own console-level mobile game
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2019-08-14 at 03:43 PM.

Does anyone have any suggestions for good offline phone games. Sometimes I could use them during 20 minute breaks in places with terrible wi fi and my data plan is absolutely awful, since I don't really need it.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    Snooker Stars, the most realistic snooker game I've ever played.

Just need to hurry up and bring the next season out!

I play The Alchemist Code. It's a tactical RPG with gameplay similar to FFT, which I enjoy, though lately the gacha elements have been getting somewhat greedy.. it's very possible to complete all content without spending money (though it will take a lot of time), but a lot of the newly introduced units/equipment items have poor banner rates/costs so it's hard to get shiny new toys to play with. Nonetheless I like the tactical gameplay, personally.

But the same developer/publisher is working on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: War of the Visions which will be releasing this year (in JP, with global release a few months later) and will be a direct competitor in the TRPG genre, so they might kinda be killing off The Alchemist Code for that.. so while I should probably be bothered by the company's practices, I'll probably try it out to see if it's at least as fun as a game..

Not gonna try but I remember Sodapoppin playing that game. Good laughs it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    there is "Sky: Children of The Light" by Journey's guys
    perfect example of what's possible on mobile
    people aren't aware of playstation 3 in their pockets

i'm building a clone of this, so that i can slap some gameplay onto it and have my own console-level mobile game
    Tbh that's pretty Pog

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna try but I remember Sodapoppin playing that game. Good laughs it was.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Summoners War. The real money currency (Crystals) drop naturally in the game and from events (which are weekly) and drop in steady and satisfying amounts to the point where playing 100% F2P is completely possible. In fact, there is no way to directly purchase power, just additional "rolls of the dice" so to speak.

The only time, I would say; that paying is required is when you are playing at the competitive/esports level, and that's mainly because the game is over 5 years old, so a new player with a mind to compete would need to either put in lots of time, or pay for the chance to catch up faster. (There are some top players who use low tier 3 star mons exclusively just to illustrate the fact that runes, builds, and skill are more important than nat5s)

The art is fun, the game is stable, and there is a large community. Lot's of fun, highly addictive, though of course, as with any other game that affords F2P players the same opportunity as P2W players, lots and lots of grinding and RNG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Pokemon Go

The game is actually way more better than when it is first released, a lot of my friends play it, and it is a very chill/relax type of game, you don't need to spend so much $$$ and competitive spirit into the game, plus it is Pokemon!

Other mobile game I like are Monster Legends, Doodle Jump.

Ahh I play a game similar to that actually. It's still in Beta and called Clash of Streamers. It's 2D though.

Another Eden: The Cat Beyond Time and Space.

Mobile is such an opportunity for more traditionally styled 2D/2.5D RPGs. It's a shame how much the gacha/freemium/energy cancers are it's main offer.
    Such wasted potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiandra View Post
    But the same developer/publisher is working on Final Fantasy Brave Exvius: War of the Visions which will be releasing this year
    SUPER hyped for this. Saw the latest gameplay trailer and it looks fantastic. Now I just need to hear how the gacha will be, before I totally invest.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Sudoku, perfect pretty much anyplace anytime.