Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

11.0 Grand Wish List

11.0 will be the biggest wow expansion to date.

It's the 10th expansion and will most likely release in Nov 2024, during wows 20th anniversary.

What can we expect??

1. Well how about finally getting 4 specs for each class? People say that's it's an unrealistic undertaking, but of blizz can make 12 class trees, 36 spec trees, and one new class an expansion project, then 4th specs should require a similar amount of effort.

2. Open up race/class restrictions across the board. The only 2 hurdles I can see here are maghar locks and DHs as I feel the lore to justify that would have epic reach levels.

3. Multi class. Not everyone has the time to level multiple toons. So what if we gave players the ability to choose a second class that can be switched to and from your first by talking to class trainers. Kinda like spec switching. But again, switching must be done with trainers to avoid exploits.

4. New and improve cosmetic glyphs system.

There's that one fan concept flying around that looks awesome with the coffin earth ele, headstone totems, racial pally wings, etc. Maybe class skins for certain classes. Like lock - Necromancer, paladin - void knight,

5. 3rd major profession slot.

6. Archeology revamp

7. More allied and core races.

Horde

Ogre for core race and light forged undead for AR

Alliance

Ethereal for core and saberon for AR

Neutral

Tuskarr

Since you said wish list:

Danuser finds his calling on a different project. Blizzard hires competent writers and whoever is appointed loremaster is not only knowledgeable but actually has some authority to veto storylines that retcon existing lore. We get a world revamp that focuses on world building, especially when it comes to detailing and better grounding the cultures of the main races of WoW e.g. showing AU and MU orcs emphasize clan allegiance with clans given their own tasks and locations across Kalimdor.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    2. Open up race/class restrictions across the board.
    Didn't they already say they'll be doing that anyway, gradually as DF goes on?

I expect them to just handwave some of the problematic "regular" specs, like the Mag'har warlocks - like idk they've learned from the established Horde warlocks, and they're just using Fel for the good of the Horde same as all the other Horde warlocks. No corruption needed.

Druids are a problem because of assets, those cost a lot of money to make. This might not happen for that reason.

I also don't expect DHs to happen, but stranger things...

I'd be surprised if we never get another allied race again. Heck it might even happen during DF who knows. The Tuskarr do seem to have all the necessary stuff in place, mostly.

Side note: really speaks to the attractiveness of DF if people immediately go "yeah okay but the NEXT expansion after that, THAT ONE is going to be the GOOD one!"

MORE CUSTOMIZATION
    We can all agree, that there will be not new class, but in every classless expansion we receive or new races or major focus on customization for existing races. Some races could receive more customization options, like beards, tattoos, new hairstyles, eye color for DKs or even idle (like orcs now). But this is something that could be introduced from time to time by patches more than as major exp feature.

MORE RACES FOR DEMON HUNTERS
    If the expansion would be at least partly focused on demons, that would be very likely. In their situation it would be similar to what has been done to Death Knights remaining races with small lore introduction as regular DK intro was problematic for them. Now DH has similar situation. Illidari expands, are more tolerated, more folks from other races would like to sacrifice and join their ranks and they are needed becouse of <reasons>. They just need to have a distinct minor game start. Add them to all races or just several, but should have some additional customizations.

ALLIED RACES
    The concept was cool and Blizzard confirms that they may return to it if ideas will be fine, and some are. We will see. Maybe even some kind of "neutral" allied race concept, with different name except of "allied" then.

REAL ROGUELITE EXPERIENCE
    Scenarios or dungeons with TRUE randomly generated map, enemies, affixes, quests, meainingful choices, treasures, NPC characters met inside, traps, bosses, Thorgast-like bonuses as one of the new BASIC and not firmed with expansion feature, that could be expanded every next expansion and maybe rotated somehow. Could be also based on PvP/MT rules, so it could be more skill-based. Just imagine a real adventure experience, like those from Hearthstone or classic Roguelite mode.

Mentioned ideas:
    4th spec for every class: I can;t see it happened. For some classes it would be really forced, for other more natural. Maybe 1 or 2 classes in the future will receive a new spec, but only it it would be both unique gameplay and unique fantasy for this, just like they did it with a Druid, which in fact was needed. Giving too much for every class kills their uniqueness and fantasy (which is going to be more destroyed a bit by race/class restrictions loosing).
    Cosmetic Glyph system: Oh yeah, it should really receive own "Cosmetics" UI and be expanded by more options, which could be great addition together with very popular concept of Class Skins. Mostly obtainable through Inscription, but some with other professions, achievements, quest lines, knowing Blizzard even in-game shop individually or in set... Like you now, shaman already has 5 different forms of Ghost Wolves and I hope for more Btw I'm against too much changes in some most basic combat skills. It will create a lot of confusion, mostly in PvP.
    Class Skins: Look above.
    More Race/Class combo: We know they are coming, but please, not all.

Extremely early for this, i reckon, but why not.

- Good raids (4 raid tiers with 8-12 bosses in a single or multiple raid locations per tier).
    - Good dungeons (more than 8 at launch, 10 would be great, with a couple added throughout the expansion).
    (should re-use assets between dungeons and raids, as they did before, so we get more content instead of unique, single used stuff)
    - Mage-Tower like single player content, expanded. More scenarios, more rewards.

As for the rest? I don't really care. Customization is overrated, too many specs\classes already, so if they just keep their usually quality in regards to art, visuals, sounds, leveling content, world quests, new spells\skills, bla bla, i'll be a happy gamer.

Oh, one thing i wish they added was tying transmogs to slots, instead of specific items. It's bothersome to keep having to fix that transmog because you replaced an item. Charge 10-50 times more, i don't care, just get rid of the nuisance.

OP, these are some of the worst ideas I've ever seen. Most of the WoW community is filled with absolute apes who have no idea what they're talking about. Adding another spec to every class (except Druid) is the equivalent of creating ~3 entirely new classes. Not only that, but you guys bitch and moan about "omg blizz is creating a new class!?? they cant even balance the current ones!!" and then in the same breath you say "instead of creating a new class they should add 12 specs instead!!"

You guys are absolutely fucking dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Druids are a problem because of assets, those cost a lot of money to make. This might not happen for that reason.
    I'm going to guess they'll make more generic animal forms. Which will probably make no one happy, but its probably more likely than them making unique forms for numerous races.

EK and Kalimdor world revamp with a Chromie Time option to go back to some Vanilla and Cataclysm zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    warlock playstyle to not feel like garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I'm going to guess they'll make more generic animal forms. Which will probably make no one happy, but its probably more likely than them making unique forms for numerous races.
    Possibly.

But personally I would read too much into when they say they want to do something.

Back in MoP they said they were planning on adding multiple genders for each warlock pet. We see just how long it took them to get around to that.

Also they stated this was their goal but also just added the most restrictive race / class in the history of the game. So I'll believe it when I see it.

Node based ship building. Great Sea naval combat with small islands that have WQs in them like treasure digs, building settlements for a set of random passengers with a weekly quest. This settlement persists for the entire week and you can hearth to it with a special item.

Naval ships are compatible with a later patch that lets you enter the wild frontiers of the Twisting Nether and battle demonic pirates, as well as other players. You'll have full 3d movement in the Nether.

An overarching theme in the entire expansion of self-determination and loyalty to your own faction-agnostic guild. The introduction of an Outlaws faction. Switching back and forth between your race faction and Outlaws w rep. Outlaws has core NPCs who provide amenities, but you are considered FFA to anyone not in your guild. You can form coalitions.
    Last edited by Malcho; 2022-09-12 at 12:24 AM.

I would love fourth specs to be a thing. Having at least two possible group roles for each class would be fantastic for queing reasons. Another world revamp where all the graphics get updated to modern standards would be nice, that's probably not gonna happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by bryden7 View Post
    OP, these are some of the worst ideas I've ever seen. Most of the WoW community is filled with absolute apes who have no idea what they're talking about. Adding another spec to every class (except Druid) is the equivalent of creating ~3 entirely new classes. Not only that, but you guys bitch and moan about "omg blizz is creating a new class!?? they cant even balance the current ones!!" and then in the same breath you say "instead of creating a new class they should add 12 specs instead!!"

You guys are absolutely fucking dumb
    OP makes asinine claims and believes himself to be a future teller. Check out his other "ideas" good percentage of them were false.

Flight, without limitations, or rules.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

11.0 will be the biggest wow expansion to date.

It's the 10th expansion and will most likely release in Nov 2024, during wows 20th anniversary.

What can we expect??

1. Well how about finally getting 4 specs for each class? People say that's it's an unrealistic undertaking, but of blizz can make 12 class trees, 36 spec trees, and one new class an expansion project, then 4th specs should require a similar amount of effort.

2. Open up race/class restrictions across the board. The only 2 hurdles I can see here are maghar locks and DHs as I feel the lore to justify that would have epic reach levels.

3. Multi class. Not everyone has the time to level multiple toons. So what if we gave players the ability to choose a second class that can be switched to and from your first by talking to class trainers. Kinda like spec switching. But again, switching must be done with trainers to avoid exploits.

4. New and improve cosmetic glyphs system.

There's that one fan concept flying around that looks awesome with the coffin earth ele, headstone totems, racial pally wings, etc. Maybe class skins for certain classes. Like lock - Necromancer, paladin - void knight,

5. 3rd major profession slot.

6. Archeology revamp

Horde

Ogre for core race and light forged undead for AR

Alliance

Ethereal for core and saberon for AR

Neutral

Tuskarr
    DHs should have been available for all races years ago. There literally is no big epic lore needed. The current leadership of the DH orderhall is able to help people getting the transformation done.
    All in all it's much easier than creating Death Knights.
    Whoever wants to be a DH can become one, if he survives the ritual.

Yes, they were originally created to "fight fire with fire", but honestly, nowhere it's written that you can't use demon power to fight old gods or the creatures of the shadowlands. It's just another way to power.

Honestly, not having DHs available for every race atm is just dumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Since you said wish list:

Danuser finds his calling on a different project. Blizzard hires competent writers and whoever is appointed loremaster is not only knowledgeable but actually has some authority to veto storylines that retcon existing lore. We get a world revamp that focuses on world building, especially when it comes to detailing and better grounding the cultures of the main races of WoW e.g. showing AU and MU orcs emphasize clan allegiance with clans given their own tasks and locations across Kalimdor.
    Also this /tenchar

Oh? You still have the will to do these? You do know the devs just ignored them, right?

What they will do is nothing of what we want. Best thing to do at this point is to wish for nothing and maybe we will luck out and they give us something we actually want.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-09-12 at 01:21 AM.

world revamp, body sliders and color wheels for customization, and housing finally....
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I just want Blizzard to enable NPC customization options for players. Let me be a red Draenei so I can play an Eredar, let me play as a Red Orc, a Dark Ranger/Vampire human, a Gilgoblin, etc. The options are already there, they don't have to do anything new but enable it for the players.

• Hire good writers.
    • At least 6 to 7 questing zones
    • Lots of postgame questing content, like MoP style reputation questlines or FF14 style sidequestlines.
    • Main story doesn't happen in a raid but in a solo instance. Raids should have their own storyline. If the main story has to be in a raid, then allow a FF14 option to do it by yourself with NPCs.
    • GW2 style meta events out in the open world with good rewards.
    • New Mage Tower challenges with new rewards.
    • Class skins.
    • Hire good composers, or bring back Jeremy Soule and Russell Brower.
    • Aesthetics goes back to Warcraft's gritty powermetal roots. No more of this generic artstation/League of Legends/mobile game artstyle and tumblr furries that WoW has been moving towards over the past 3 expansions.
    • Play housing.
    • Allow Tauren beards to show while wearing helmets again. Make it a toggle that players can turn on or off.
    • No more grinds and prior grinds are removed.
    • Tinker class
    • Dark Ranger class
    • 4th specs, like a Blood Mage spec that can be a battle healer.