Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilujee View Post
    TLDR: EVOKER CLASS COLOR MUST BE CHANGED! IN THIS TOPIC I PROVIDE SOME ALTERNATIVE OPTIONS AND EXPLAIN WHY THEY WORK BETTER! VOTE FOR IT! LET’S MAKE THIS BIG! BLIZZARD DEVS MUST SEE IT!

In April 2022 Blizzard revealed their vision of a color for a brand-new Evoker class in WoW.
    Many people, especially future Evoker mains, remain unsatisfied with chosen dark-green shade and want it to change.

Personally, I think current color has nothing with Evoker either thematically or esthetically. Moreover, it may cause some issues for people in differentiation evokers from monks. But let’s do it in order.

CLASS FANTASY & ESTHETICS
    Evoker is the only-class available for new playable race, Dracthyr. It’s a dragonkin that can use “prismatic magic”, that is a combination of all the original five dragonflights. Let’s take a look at the proposed color once again.

Is this really what comes to your mind when your think of dragons and prismatic magic?? Obviously not

HISTORICAL PARALLELS
    Evoker is not the first class added into the game besides the original nine. We have examples of how Blizzard used to manage colors for new classes in the past. Let’s take a brief look at it.

These colors are so bright, I would say even toxic, especially on raid frames in the game

So why wouldn't Blizzard keep the tradition and add some brightness rather than the current obscure-like green gloominess?
    Interesting fact concerning Demons Hunters. Many readers will remember that initially the color of this class was one of Legion’s fel-green.

Subsequently Blizzard changed it to nowadays electric purple

DIFFIRRENTIATING EVOKERS WITH MONKS
    Even people with normal colorsight (not to mention ones with red-green blindness) have troubles differentiating evokers from monks, especially in raid frames.

I saw a stream when a girl had some troubles distinguishing monks from evokers on the raid frames

MY SUGGESTION FOR EVOKER COLOR CLASS

@!DISCLAIMER!@ I know that options I provide are not perfect and some of them have the same problems as current one. Nevertheless, I think these colors fit Evoker class more accurately. I will try to briefly cover pros and cons of each one.

1) REAL DARK GREEN
    If developers decided to go green for Evoker, why not just add a classic dark green?

+ much brighter
    + distinct from both monks and hunters

- no cons from my prospective

2) CHARTREUSE (toxic green)

Yes, the one that was PREPARED (c) for Demon Hunters in the past

+ bright and shiny
    + unique toxic color, easily distinguished

- can be interpreted as default non -colored HP bar

3) PEARL
    Evokers possess magic of 5 dragon aspects, and their class resource, essence, looks similar, so such prismatic gradient color fits them perfectly

It’s a joke concept to be honest

+ talented, brilliant, incredible, amazing, show stopping, spectacular, never the same, totally unique

- a bit of a mess and stands out from other classes

4) FIREBRICK / IMREPIAL RED / AMARANTH

These shades are my personal top of the list

First of all, we lack red-pinkish colors in our class palette. Secondly, dragon flame of Dracktyr is presented with a similar color ingame.

On top of that, these colors remind me of Alexstrasza, who has the leading role in the expansion, Blizzard even put her on the box.

+ perfectly fits class fantasy (color of dragon flame)
    + aligns with the color of Alexstrasza, face of the expansion

- remotely reminiscent of crimson color of Death Knights or Druids, but let’s see

No, not even close… Perfect match from my perspective, especially first one

IF YOU HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS AS WELL, PUT YOUR HEX COLOR CODE (#000000) OR READY SHEET PALETTE IN COMMENTS.

P.S. I CREATED TOPIC ON REDDIT AS WELL
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...st_be_changed/
    P.P.S I DON'T HAVE BETA TO POST IN "IN DEVELOPEMENT" SECTION ON OFFICIAL FORUM, I WILL BE PLEASED IF ANYONE REPOST IT THERE

LET’S MAKE IT VISIBLE. WE STILL HAVE TIME!
    EVOKERS’ COLOR SHOULD BE REVISED!
    #evokercolorchange
    i agree. I think another red would work perfectly. That 3rd one.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Gold or brown.
    brown is already warrior...
    gold would just look like a rogue who is too far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    i agree. I think another red would work perfectly. That 3rd one.
    Have you thought about only quoting the small part of the post you are actually replying to instead of the entire wall of text and images?

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Now hear me out...

Why not black?
    Would be absolutely atrocious with a lot of people's healing frame setups.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    brown is already warrior...
    gold would just look like a rogue who is too far away
    dark brown?
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Now hear me out...

Why not black?
    I think you vastly underestimate how many people run chatbox/meter addons with solid black backgrounds. Also black text is a massive pain in the ass to read overlayed on a variety of colors, so if you play with low opacity on those addons, black text would simply be hard to read in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilujee View Post
    In April 2022 Blizzard revealed their vision of a color for a brand-new Evoker class in WoW.
    Let’s take a look at the proposed color once again.
    It's not "their vision" and it's not "proposed". It's the colour for evokers.

I agree that the colour is pretty bad are should be brighter... but this game has got much more important problems.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Not an issue at all.

Also damn, you must've spent at least an hour on writing this thread...
    reminds me of an old user who I don't believe has posted here in ages who used to go on long rants with pictures etc. almost thought it was their alt account but they're a lot calmer than the old user

I want to say I'm surprised someone wasted this much of their life making a thread about the colour of a videogame class, let alone feeling the need to "make it big blizz must see it", but I've been on these forums for more than a day and nothing surprises me anymore.

The colour is fine. I prefer it to any of your suggestions.

I don't mind the colour, but changing it slightly so it differentiates a bit more from Monk would be good imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    can someone show me what a mix of red, bronze (or more like gold), black, blue and green colors would look like? just like you add blue and yellow and green comes out.

i think that would make the most sense, as dracthyr are the result of combining all 5 dragonflights. theres a connection between them all
    https://trycolors.com/

Found this just for fun.

Mixed gold color with all the other colors and it's mostly still just gold, just muted and not as shiny I would say.
    #8F681B <- is the color

I think a color like this or even more gold like would work for Evoker. It's not a great good looking color imo, but I think readability between the classes is more important.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I do love how your reccomended replacements bring up literally the exact same issue you complain about

"bright red!" ok so when it is too far away it will look too similar to DK, also too similar to the default dead status.
    "Bright green!" Ok so when it is too far away it will look too similar to hunter
    "Dark green!" ok so same as above but opposite.
    What is "default dead status"? I use the default raid frames, and I can't remember ever seeing this red. Are you using some sort of add-on for your raid frames that is imposing this color, or is my recollection just really off?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not a fan of that color, but it's sure better than various shades of shit people offer here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Not a fan of that color, but it's sure better than various shades of shit people offer here.
    It's a little off putting when I see them in the default raid frames on Beta, the color I mean. It does read like a monk out of range, for me (with how my live-raid frames look).

Luckily for you it's possible to modify class colors on unit frames and nameplates with addons.

What a weird thing to fixate on.

god alextraza used to be so much hotter in her old outfit

Calm down Jimmy put it back in yer pants

- - - Updated - - -

to be fair it is almost identical to the monk color, which was immediately off putting to me when it was revealed.
    This is basically what Beta player feedback is like in game -- "XX could be changed YY" "Nah its fine"; lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    pretty sure that was meant as mockery lol
    Couldn't have been unless they were simultaneously mocking both Paladin and Shaman.

In Vanilla WoW, they shared the same pink class color since you could only play one or the other depending on which faction you chose. When that changed in 2.0.1, they updated the class color of the shaman to be a deep blue color.