Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

BG Queue from anywhere added to Wrath Classic

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...here/1336518/1

I Mean, better late than never? or something?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Very weird to do when they took a different stance about LFD.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    They should add LFD as well. The original version. Matchmaking. The one group creation system in wow that is being used by millions.
    i'd be fine with whatever. So far I get grps very fast for dungeons with current system. Funny thing is though, I just get randomly invited. People very rarerly ask me first, they just invite me. So I sign up for several dungeons, gets randomly invited by someone and then I gotta ask what its for. In a way, its already automated for me haha.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    It's a really remarkable sad day, indeed.

History repeats itself.

Time is a Flat Circle.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    It's a really remarkable sad day, indeed.

History repeats itself.

Time is a Flat Circle.
    Ah yes, the social fabric of queueing in Shattrath is being eroded away.

This actually allows people to go into the world while queueing for BG's. This is actually better for getting people back in the open world. People can quest and farm while queueing. The only downside is that people can escape world pvp with a queue...maybe they could disable queueing in pvp contested zones to fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...here/1336518/1

I Mean, better late than never? or something?
    And with that, they have 100% invalidated every single (bullshit) argument they presented for not having the original LFD tool in WotLK Classic. Especially since it seems that this one, unlike the one in the original WotLK, lets you accept joining a BG even while in combat.

So the question now is: the original LFD tool when?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    And with that, they have 100% invalidated every single (bullshit) argument they presented for not having the original LFD tool in WotLK Classic. Especially since it seems that this one, unlike the one in the original WotLK, lets you accept joining a BG even while in combat.

So the question now is: the original LFD tool when?
    I mean, there's a solid difference. People were already using a battlemaster to Q BGs.. There is no battlemaster for dungeons. You dont have to walk to the instance portal to get into a BG.

To be clear, i want LFD and i think its stupid that they decided not to include it, but I did want to make the point that there is a major difference between dungeons and BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    I mean, there's a solid difference. People were already using a battlemaster to Q BGs.. There is no battlemaster for dungeons. You dont have to walk to the instance portal to get into a BG.

To be clear, i want LFD and i think its stupid that they decided not to include it, but I did want to make the point that there is a major difference between dungeons and BGs.
    You used to have to walk to the physical instance portals for BGs just like you had to for dungeons. They made that change in late Vanilla.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Great addition. And yeah...makes you wonder why it's ok for PvPers to easily que and play their casual content while PvErs still have to make a group and travel for their equivalent. Really strange but here we are. Hopefully Blizzard sees common sense before the end of the expansion.

Those BG participation metrics must not be looking good

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post

And what difference does it make? You still need to interrupt your play in order to go somewhere to access the instance manually. You don't walk to the instance portal of a BG, but you walk to the battlemaster who might as well be renamed as "human portal for BGs". Beyond that, this was a QoL feature present in the original WotLK that Blizzard stupidly decided to remove (just like the automated LFD one) and now they came back to their senses. Hopefully that will be the case for the LFD tool as well, soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Those BG participation metrics must not be looking good
    Ehh maybe everyone was scared to run them after some getting hit with the "bug in our analytics data" ban.

Hope this is the first step to LFD.

Fucking finally...

hopefully dungeon finder is next

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    Ah yes, the social fabric of queueing in Shattrath is being eroded away.
    You remind me of the exact same BS that was posted ten years ago, using the exact same arguments.
    We all know how that turned out, with Classic being released and being a huge success. But no, a number of people are just unable to get the point and are simply intent on repeating the same mistakes again and again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehhh? So why is it okay for BGs but not for dungeons then?
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Which part do you need an explanation about?
    The automated matchmaking that has been there since the beginning of Battlegrounds?
    Or the formation of groups while being outside of cities, like we are doing for pve content, with the LFD tool we currently have in Classic?

This is a damn great change.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    To be fair, bg's have been turned cross-realm and centralized to queue from capitals ever since vanilla, instead of requiring you to go to their respective entrances.

Still fair point as to why bg's deserve to get cross-realm, queue-able and dungeons don't and that's simply because on almost all servers you would just never get to play against the opposing faction and even with same faction bg's you would never get into an AV.

I, personally don't care about RDF either way ... Blizz is being delusional about the social aspect (though it will keep some bad behaviour in check) but so is the feeling of what you see on the forums, where you'd think that people are quitting by the thousands because rdf is not it, when truth is, the majority would have been fine with it but don't really care all that much, it's just a few crybabies (same thing for the anti-lfd crowd).