Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Most popular by what metric?
    Subs? That would be the hated Cata actually.
    Loved by players? Only for those watching with the rose tinted goggles of nostalgia. If you actually played at the time you would be familiar with the term 'Wrath babies'.
    It was easily the most popular, saying it wasn't and still isn't is just lying to yourself, no other expansion gets number 1 in pretty much every single poll ever done about what expansion is best, cata had more people leave in months after launch than pretty much any expansion, the high subs were people expecting another great expansion like wotlk but it turned out to be a turd and subs plummeted, nice try though buddy

5+ Year Old Account
    Legion was far better than Wotlk

Also what a stupid name, wrath of the lich king? That sounds like someone on the offensive, instead he spent most of the time on his toilet , I mean throne..occasionally he would pop up just to troll the players..

Lich king wasn't very wrathful (angry) just shrugged most of the time, did some schemes, n after rogue forsakens threw some WMDs on him, he hid for the rest of the expansion..

Though Cata was bad, everyone was afraid of deathwing popping up n going biblical on ur ass...

Wotlk should have been called "Bored Lich King n more snow than u care to see"

Wrath should have been saved for Cata, "Wrath of Deathwing"
    Several times he tried to end us all... while Arthas "I poke u guys so YOU come to me, u don't understand how lonely i am! i'll even claim I need specifically YOU to conquer the world (when really I could do it without u, but im sooo lonely, I have only braindead zombies to talk to! n everyone else just fawns over me n im bored of that by now, so plz visit my winter wonderland, we got ice cream!!!!"

While deathwing "IMMA KIIL YU AALLL, KEEEEEL!!! DIEE!! DIEEE!!!! DIE!!!!"

I mean cinematic after arthas dies is fear of the scourge sweeping over azeroth...so they never needed some heroes to convert, not even the lich king..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-09-15 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    It was easily the most popular, saying it wasn't and still isn't is just lying to yourself, no other expansion gets number 1 in pretty much every single poll ever done about what expansion is best, cata had more people leave in months after launch than pretty much any expansion, the high subs were people expecting another great expansion like wotlk but it turned out to be a turd and subs plummeted, nice try though buddy
    So the rose tinted goggles then, got it.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Servers are going to be a disaster on launch night. Look at how terrible it's been with just the pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    So the rose tinted goggles then, got it.
    I'm only playing WotLk if it has the Mohawk Grenade again.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    rdf existed for almost half of wrath
    I guess to better illustrate my point of view, rdf existed for 1 of 4 entire raid tiers (no I don't count ruby sanctum as a tier beyond ICC)
    I was in a shitter guild on a backwater server and even I was 245 in most slots by the time rdf came out and I only ran it to get badges for the mount and heirlooms.
    If rdf was in at launch I can promise you I'd abandon every random heroic after first boss until Nexus just to fish for the mace pre-naxx, which I consider degen behavior but I'd still do it.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    I guess to better illustrate my point of view, rdf existed for 1 of 4 entire raid tiers (no I don't count ruby sanctum as a tier beyond ICC)
    I was in a shitter guild on a backwater server and even I was 245 in most slots by the time rdf came out and I only ran it to get badges for the mount and heirlooms.
    If rdf was in at launch I can promise you I'd abandon every random heroic after first boss until Nexus just to fish for the mace pre-naxx, which I consider degen behavior but I'd still do it.
    i dont get the point,so what if people leave?they get replaced,the only time rdf not existing is a good thing would be in pre nerf cata heroics,because throwing the wrath babies in that meat grinder was very smart /s

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i dont get the point,so what if people leave?they get replaced,the only time rdf not existing is a good thing would be in pre nerf cata heroics,because throwing the wrath babies in that meat grinder was very smart /s
    Wholeheartedly agree, I remember spending 3 hours in a single Grim Batol.

A shame in a way. classic was supposed to be classic, but now it's just becoming a 10 year old delayed release cycle of content everyone has already seen.
    Kind of defeats the purpose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Unless you're on Mega Servers and refuse to transfer.

Signed, someone on Mankrik enjoying zero queues
    im on a mega server. Pagle. and im not exerienceing any issues logging in. and im having a blast.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Servers are already crashing , pyrewood village Eu the boat is f*** to the northland all 100 players on board in a eternal dc loop

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Brothers and sisters who fall on the first expedition from sw city!!! Rise your hand!!! O/

Ok ok...i guess i will play (O^_^o)

Decided just now to start leveling my level 60 rogue from vanilla classic

10+ Year Old Account

Not even Mankrik is safe from the Wrath of the Queue King.

Oh well. gives me time to clean up and eat a proper dinner

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    im on a mega server. Pagle. and im not exerienceing any issues logging in. and im having a blast.
    Pagle is far from a Mega Server. We're in queue right now sure but not nearly the numbers of Faerlina/Benediction/Grobb.

Last few weeks were fun on the Paladin, decided to dust him off and got a lot of shit done on him. More fun than the Shaman on Mankrik.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account

currently 90 minute queue on mankirk

Nah, been there done that.

Keep speeding up the release cycles of classic, in a few years we will be playing " X classic" of a new xpac one year after it launches lmao
    Also make WoW 2 already and stop milking the customers. Just squeezing anyone after this version of Classic
    Classic Cata? ...bizarre af
    Gives meaning to the phrase "Only thing that will kill WoW is WoW itself" ...its unfolding before our eyes lol

So you can finally stop wasting News-Articles for the museum-game and start to concentrate on the real game again.

Thank god.
    War within is boring and lazy - beat me to it.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aradur View Post
    So you can finally stop wasting News-Articles for the museum-game and start to concentrate on the real game again.

Thank god.
    The real game right now is classic. It´s far more real (as of being WoW) than retail right now x)

Darn I thought it was tomorrow, but I assume you only need to be 68 to go to Northrend.

---

Personally I think they should stop the 'classic' era with WotLK - Cata is when everything changed, with the complete rework of Azeroth.

I wish they could come up with something else instead, like adding some raids to the old version, like the ones they had intended but never actually implemented, I think there are 2 or 3.