Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Nothing they can add can make up for the lack of content. Maybe make the whole thing last like 9-12 months, but still won't get me to re-play it.
    Out of curiosity, if lack of content is one of problems with Cata, then Wrath and TBC must be even worse right? Cata had the same or more content than Wrath, and Wrath had more content that TBC.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Out of curiosity, if lack of content is one of problems with Cata, then Wrath and TBC must be even worse right? Cata had the same or more content than Wrath, and Wrath had more content that TBC.
    Shhhh, you arent allowed to point that out. Cause now they have to make excuse #34324 why X content doesnt count

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Shhhh, you arent allowed to point that out. Cause now they have to make excuse #34324 why X content doesnt count
    Please do enlighten me how the revamped 1-60 zones were relevant to 80 chars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fix Ardent Defender for Heroic Madness of Deathwing, Impale from the tentacle completely ignored the damage reduction component of the ability on top of ignoring the death-prevention mechanic. They never fixed it,

It was utter bullshit that I required an external CD for every second Impale because one of my own defensive CDs did absolutely nothing. Aside from that...nothing really. I don't remember having any real issues with Cataclysm outside of that. Class design was fine, encounter design was mostly fine, instance design was mostly fine (DS kinda sucked, bad encounter design with Madness+Spine and 100% recycled environments).

That being said, I don't want to go back and play it. It was fun at the time, I enjoyed it, going and playing it now isn't going to give me any sort of new experience I could enjoy.

I'd rather see Legion classic, with the QoL fixes and features from the final patch being implemented from the start (along with pathfinder just being removed, just lock flying behind max lvl or with a BoA item like the Tome of the Four Winds from MoP). Legion could have been fun for me, but because of how badly the Legendary system was implemented at the start and my bad luck it basically ruined my ability to enjoy the expansion. Every time I logged in to do any content on a character that had gotten screwed by Sephuz's Secret, I was actively resenting the fact that having that shitty ring ensured my chance at getting a second legendary was below 0.1% without rerolling. Bad luck+shit design ruined the whole expansion for me, and it was all QoL stuff that did get fixed way too late to help me (back luck protection being added to legendaries wasn't retroactive, so all the content I'd been grinding prior to the first QoL patch that actually added back luck protection to Legendaries was worthless). Also pathfinder was shit, being stuck on the ground after hitting max level is by far the most negative change to my individual experience when playing. Being able to fly is literally part of what made it rewarding to get to max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezerek View Post
    Mythic just came out with the WoD prepatch, so I guess you mean heroic?
    Yeah I just always use mythic term wise now otherwise it leaves room for confusion for those who didnt play back when mythic wasnt a thing. I should have added too this guild was still solidly in the middle of their heroic progression and werent a guild used to clearing mythic, a year prior to this I was in our realms top 5 guilds that cleared mythic.

Thats how serious people took that cloak. That a mid tier mythic guild that didnt clear, wouldnt pick up a player who had cleared mythic for years from one of the top guilds, just because I wasnt gonna have the cloak for 8 odd weeks. So annoying. I just wanted to have fun and clear the content (had friends in the guild) but yeah, crazy..

And before someone tries to judge im not saying that crap to brag like some loser, im just painting a picture of how serious people took that cloak. It was even worse in WoD with the ring, I didnt even bother trying to come back.
    Last edited by Hambo94; 2022-09-18 at 11:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Please do enlighten me how the revamped 1-60 zones were relevant to 80 chars.
    Buddy I can just point at pvp part of the game which added rbg 3 new battlegrounds. = More content

Woltk added around 1000 quests, Cata 3000 quests ( here your excuse It DoEsNt CoUnT)

Woltk started with copy paste 2 raids from classic ( thats not new content) , Cata brought 4 new ones

transmog? reforging? molten front?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    I don't want it at all. It ruined the world and changed everything.

Cataclysm is NOT classic. It ended Classic.
    That's my opinion as well. Cata made me quit wow for the first time. If they're smart they'll start a completely new direction after wraith and put cataclysm where it belongs: Into the dumpster.

Cata is nothing to gain, it started the downturn of current WoW and it will as well with the "classic" line.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Woltk added around 1000 quests, Cata 3000 quests ( here your excuse It DoEsNt CoUnT)
    Well he did say for 80s as you quoted.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    Complete the water raid to go with the Firelands raid.
    This is probably the number 1 thing that would draw me to Cataclysm Classic. Actually complete and implement the Abyssal Maw Raid/Storyline.
    Here is something to believe in!

So many of ya'll requests is "I'd play classic Cata if they just scrapped it and made a completely different game"

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    So many of ya'll requests is "I'd play classic Cata if they just scrapped it and made a completely different game"
    Well to be fair, its not bad in premise but was awful in delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    The number of people who think Blizzard has any interest in developing two live service MMOs is way, way too damned high.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Well he did say for 80s as you quoted.
    Well I also wrote some othe examples, but we can turn the question around. In which way has wrath more content then cata

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Um, yes you can.

People argued no changes because Classic as it was was better than it would be with the changes people were suggesting (or in some cases the “improvements” being advocated were sufficiently consensus that them being better was not clear, so default to no changes).
    Hell no.

The less paranoid of us wanted common sense changes like Guild Banks in Classic. Not a single downside to Guild Banks and dozens of positives.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    WOW was a direct result of EQ, and was built to grab the people that wanted a less time consuming, less grindy, way more casual friendly alternative. *I played EQ almost from the start and same with WOW (was a month short due to still playing EQ at the time). it was blizzard target audience.
    But they are still 2 different animals, yet as an MMO you should expect a minimum level of grinding. I don´t think WoW was ever a grindfest game. The largest grind I remember was getting the title "The Insane", and that was ok.

For example, Aion, when it came out in EU, now that was a grind.

I think I'd like Cata as is.

I liked the initial return to harder dungeons, the focus on CC'ing and having to care about mana again - I don't even think that'd be an issue today, it's just that we were that much more shit back then.
    I also think the raids were pretty damn neat bar for some obvious balancing blunders - which, again, I'm not even sure would be as big of a deal today. Just having basically 10 man mythic raiding + some neat dungeon experience would be rock solid - and I think Cata would easily deliver that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    TBC has had 5 phases, Wotlk will have 4 phases.

Cata will very likely have 3.5 phases.
    1. Phase - T11
    1.5 Phase - ZA / ZG remakes
    2. Phase - T12
    3. Phase - T13

Disregarding that Blizzards "Play the patch" philosophy kicks in fully in Cata and you can pretty much ignore the previous raid tiers, meaning there's even less to do.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    But they are still 2 different animals, yet as an MMO you should expect a minimum level of grinding. I don´t think WoW was ever a grindfest game. The largest grind I remember was getting the title "The Insane", and that was ok.

For example, Aion, when it came out in EU, now that was a grind.
    WOW still exist from EQ and it was built to grab a large part of its audience (and did) when WOW first launched a majority of the comments on the forums were comparing it to EQ. WOW may be different (and it was built to be different less down time, less grind, faster leveling, more accessibility for everyone to all parts of the game, *Raiding in old EQ makes anything WOW has look tame) but it most certainly evolved from EQ.
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-09-19 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Please no

Correct me if wrong but...

Dont we have to pay money to keep our character in a "past" classic expansion that is not the current classic version?
    Also arent we just splitting the playerbase across some dead classic servers eventually?

Better stop with classic Wrath IMO.
    Yup, if they go ahead with Cata Classic, then basically everyone will be transferred and Wrath will be gone just like TBC, unless they make seasons.

And yeah, I do not want to play Cata Classic either. I'd rather want Blizzard to make retail better and improve upon Chromie Time and Timewalking so we can see the old content this way.

I am pretty sure that most people who actually play Classic don't want this and those that do are the "nostalgia-trip tourists" that just want to check it out for 1-2 weeks and then quit again.

7+ Year Old Account
    The content overall was fine, i personally had no problems with the systems we got in Cata and even LFR was fine to some extent.

If i had to choose though, most of the focus would be on the last patch with DS, as rebalancing it would be a great help, together with making dungeons much harder.

Dungeons in 4.0 were amazing, with Blackrock Caverns and Grim Batol being some favorites, and while ZA and ZG were great, the difficulty in 4.3 were disappointing.

And if they wanted to keep in LFR, it would be cool to see it be implemented on Firelands aswell, but only when 4.3 came out, as focus would be moved to DS. Have the feature be as it should have been - a way to interact with older content in the expansion, so you could see what had happened up to this point and get some gear to enter the raid.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.