Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Cataclysm Classic - What changes would you want?

Title says it all, really.

Personally, aside from removing LFD, I wouldnt change much.

I don't want it at all.

People thinking LFR is the only problem in Cata is quite frustrating and gives Blizzard the idea that removing LFR fixes the expac, because it was only introduced in 4.3.
    Cata has many problems and many debateable ones. mainly it's just not Classic WoW anymore and is very much a proto retail with the world revamp, class changes, dumbed down talent trees/removal of glyphs as player power, flying in the world, transmog, etc.

Please no

Correct me if wrong but...

Dont we have to pay money to keep our character in a "past" classic expansion that is not the current classic version?
    Also arent we just splitting the playerbase across some dead classic servers eventually?

Better stop with classic Wrath IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Title says it all, really.

Personally, aside from removing LFD, I wouldnt change much.
    well i asume they wont launch it with the same bugs and forgoten tuning for 10 man the first raid tier had,other than that...maybe buff some of the ds figths a bit,a lot of them were odly simple for the cata era

I liked Cata Heroics, however even I can admit week 1 pre-nerf they were brutal to say the least.
    Going from WotlK to the Heroic Deadmines gauntlet run was intense.
    Tier 11 and 12 were quite excellent. I wouldn't even have minded LFR much as a system, besides the fact I disliked Dragon Soul.

If we got Cata Classic with extended WotlK talents/glyphs and rework half of the Dragon Soul raid I'd honestly give it a shot.
    Hunters changing from Mana to Focus never bothered me, although I've never been a fan of Holy Power, so you could say a number of basic class changes weren't liked.
    World revamp is less of an issue to me since I focus on end game and those zones were new.

Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    I don't want it at all.

People thinking LFR is the only problem in Cata is quite frustrating and gives Blizzard the idea that removing LFR fixes the expac, because it was only introduced in 4.3.
    Cata has many problems and many debateable ones. mainly it's just not Classic WoW anymore and is very much a proto retail with the world revamp, class changes, dumbed down talent trees/removal of glyphs as player power, flying in the world, transmog, etc.
    Player power glyphs were very much still a thing at the end of Clysm iirc

#NoChanges!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Player power glyphs were very much still a thing at the end of Clysm iirc
    Definitely.

Elemental shamans being able to cast Lightning Bolt while moving was a GLYPH.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Make it so you can toggle the old world but not fly in it. Thats all. The rest of Cata is flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Make it so you can toggle the old world but not fly in it. Thats all. The rest of Cata is flawless.
    Dragon Soul, Flawless.

Looking forward to Classic WoD... just imagine the dozens of the same recoloured mounts to collect!

I'd want the world not to be changed

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I'd want the world not to be changed
    Kind of impossible considering the name of the expansion is Cataclysm and the thing that happens to the old world is, in fact, called The Cataclysm.

Release the cut content.
    lol casual - Ret masochist since 05

Rullk

7+ Year Old Account
    yes but go faster to mop with the final raid just beeing out for a month or two doubt anyone desires that beeing around for so long again

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Please no

Correct me if wrong but...

Dont we have to pay money to keep our character in a "past" classic expansion that is not the current classic version?
    Also arent we just splitting the playerbase across some dead classic servers eventually?

Better stop with classic Wrath IMO.
    You only have to pay if you want the character copied so you can have it in both versions.

I just don't get the classic crowd. Blows my mind that people enjoy playing these old expansions over again and paying a sub for it.

That being said I doubt they will do a Classic Cata, I would bet they stop with wrath. It would be a Microsoft choice by then, they kinda already talked about only caring about mobil and console. They didn't even mention warcraft or WoW.

Lfr Dragon Soul on Saturday afternoon is the worst WoW memory I have and making that possible to happen again is stupid beyond measure. Make Vanilla/BC/WotLK a season of classic for 6 years each season and let people relive that beginning with all its crazy fun until it is no longer profitable. Post Wrath has a ton of fun things to do but the poison was building up and I don't trust that current Blizzard can separate the poison from the great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    You only have to pay if you want the character copied so you can have it in both versions.
    Heck nah...im not going to Cataclysm bruh...

Who in their right mind would do that? I think most players share this feeling of mine.

Blizzard would make millions and billions of dollars with that "copy your character" thing though.
    How much was it? 25 dollars a pop?
    Imagine entire community paying that

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Kind of impossible considering the name of the expansion is Cataclysm and the thing that happens to the old world is, in fact, called The Cataclysm.
    Nothing is impossible, just hire more devs