Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Mechagnome Ragu4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Lone Oak, TX
    Posts
    511
    Watching Beta Streamers for Beta keys. Pottery.

  2. #22
    Kinda bullshit to have people go through hoops to help you test out your game. Beta shouldn't be something people had to "work" for to get. You should be happy people wanted to work for you, for free, doing QA work. They are helping YOU develope YOUR game

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiboter View Post
    Since PTR is online I don't need a key anymore. I was only interested in the new talents.
    I want to experience the story when it's live and without X in videos etc.
    Yeah I don't get some people. Sure, if you love watching a streamer and he is doing giveaways, then go ahead and participate.
    But I am sure as hell not going to spend a lot of my own time and potentially even money to get into a beta to do free work for Blizzard and spoil myself for launch.

    Likewise, I only care about the talent revamps and the PTR is already there.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Kinda bullshit to have people go through hoops to help you test out your game. Beta shouldn't be something people had to "work" for to get. You should be happy people wanted to work for you, for free, doing QA work. They are helping YOU develope YOUR game
    Yeah, the point of public beta's is to get as much feedback as possible, but with this way it's really just free promotion for Blizz and those "loyal" streamers.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah, the point of public beta's is to get as much feedback as possible, but with this way it's really just free promotion for Blizz and those "loyal" streamers.
    Yeah, its stupid. In the past ive seen people who doesn't even play the game get beta invites. Like when yogscast got diablo beta. Just because they were big, never had a diablo video on their channel before. Beta should only be to gain feedback for the devs to make a better game which in turn benefits us all. Not a damn early access for "famous" people to gain clicks

  5. #25
    Warchief
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Scottishlands
    Posts
    2,006
    I stoped giving feedback when they removed EU access to NA Beta Forums. Yes, we have an EU beta forums, but its dead compaired to NA forum.

  6. #26
    No asmondgold for the beta keys? well cooler me SHOCKED

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by panda040 View Post
    No asmondgold for the beta keys? well cooler me SHOCKED
    If I had to guess, they most definitely reached out to him (and some others like sodapoppin), but he as a streamer (both viewership and money-wise) doesn't get anything out of that or if anything risks losing his integrity, so it was probably him who wasn't interested.

  8. #28
    go go be free labour for blizz this way they dont have to hire proffesional game testers

  9. #29
    I am Murloc! SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    5,240
    Asmongold?

    INTEGRITY?

  10. #30
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,957
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    Just wait for the PTR
    They don't do PTR of expansions bro...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    Hell no, they'd only have a very small number of keys and they would absolutely pick and choose their favorites. Randos like us wouldn't have any sort of chance. I'll wait for RNGesus like the rest of the plebs (or much more likely) just wait for PTR to release Evoker so I can have some fun with the new class before prepatch and decide if it's worth swapping mains.
    This is not how twitch giveaways work, you can literally see everything on screen, they have no control over it... This is not how giveaways work, especially as that is against twitch Terms of Service, as is it for Blizzards.


    also you know the PTR of the prepatch is already released right?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    Clear who their target audience is. At the expense of everyone else, I guess. I'll pass. I don't watch streamers and have not since the game started.
    They have literally done 3 weeks of random invites to people who signed up, and have been giving them away on twitter, where else do you expect them to give away the keys?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    I remember when you would get an invite to ALPHA if you had no active sub. I left the game in cata and they invited me to try the panda alpha when my account was inactive. Now you have to have a ACTIVE sub to even be invited to the alpha OR the beta.
    This is not true, they encourage you to be, as it increases your chances, but it is not required, however most of their keys do go to subscribed people.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    Personally I had Beta since Cata. But havent received one yet. But if Blizzard doesn't want to give me one that fine my money can go to a different game.
    The entitlement here is amazing.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    "loyal" streamers.
    You did not just call preach gaming and nobble "Loyal" streamers, who both made multiple videos and entire streams shitting on blizzard, having even quit wow entirely.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    If I had to guess, they most definitely reached out to him (and some others like sodapoppin), but he as a streamer (both viewership and money-wise) doesn't get anything out of that or if anything risks losing his integrity, so it was probably him who wasn't interested.
    Lol asmongold integrity?
    Nah mate, very likely he forgot to sign up, or simply couldn't be bothered.

  11. #31
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,106
    Pass; there are streamers who befriend and actively help out the community.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    If I had to guess, they most definitely reached out to him (and some others like sodapoppin), but he as a streamer (both viewership and money-wise) doesn't get anything out of that or if anything risks losing his integrity, so it was probably him who wasn't interested.
    I could see this being the case, he probably declined or ignored it.

  13. #33
    This absolutely doesn't bring in a healthy audience, neither for the streamer, nor the beta itself. I miss the days of pure random...

  14. #34
    My first assumption was that it was going to be those passive Twitch drops, which is fine. You can just have a stream open on another tab and not pay attention. But active giveaways? Nah, that's too much effort.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    I remember when you would get an invite to ALPHA if you had no active sub. I left the game in cata and they invited me to try the panda alpha when my account was inactive. Now you have to have a ACTIVE sub to even be invited to the alpha OR the beta.
    Where are you seeing that info? I got into both BfA and Shadowlands betas without having a currently active sub at the time.

  15. #35
    Hire a proper testing team and fkn pay them , releasing beta as retail products is what got you to this point where your game is so dead and carry by an 12yr old version Of itself.

  16. #36
    Stood in the Fire GUZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    215
    Posts
    435
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by zorothusian View Post
    Personally I had Beta since Cata. But havent received one yet. But if Blizzard doesn't want to give me one that fine my money can go to a different game.
    funny after i posted this i received a beta invite in email lol im liking the new ui/qol stuff
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post

    This is not true, they encourage you to be, as it increases your chances, but it is not required, however most of their keys do go to subscribed people.

    Yes it is true. I don't know where you are getting your information from. I got mine from here:



    Taken from: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/worl...test-has-begun

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post

    Where are you seeing that info? I got into both BfA and Shadowlands betas without having a currently active sub at the time.
    Maybe it it not the same for the beta, but the evidence is there for the Alpha
    Last edited by Scroolooseuk; 2022-09-18 at 08:23 PM.

  18. #38
    The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    24,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    Yes it is true. I don't know where you are getting your information from. I got mine from here:



    Taken from: https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/worl...test-has-begun
    This is said but not actually true, and has been proven false, and again we in beta now, and beta has no such thing.

    But you wanna know where I am getting my info from? I have been playing the alpha since day 1, and seen lots of people who got in without subs.

  19. #39
    Better to make beta versions available so there is more feedback and suggestions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •