Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Paladin, especially Retribution. There's nothing new, there's no flexibility in how you spec, mobility is getting worse. There's just no spark there.
    You're not thrilled with all of the talents devoted to Consecration?

(/s)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Shadow so far is winning. Its succeeding in offering multiple playstyles and old and new stuff returning is making it fun.
    I don't think I've even been more excited for Shadow, tbh.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the classes I actually play I would say Warlock. Howeve Warrior looks awesome and Monk seems solid.

I don't think I will ever main Warlock again unless they remove Malefic Grasp and make DoTs do the damage. I honestly feel like Affliction has the least interesting mechanic out of all DoT specs. I know it has access to a lot of cool stuff and will probably be good, but I don't like the playstyle. You are not really managing your DoTs with a purpose, feels like a chore to keep them up so your otherwise underwhelming ability does some damage.

On the other hand, they gave Arms Warriors a much more interesting and fun mechanic in form of Skullsplitter with Fracture - reapplying your DoTs at correct time to drop huge bomb.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post

(/s)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think I've even been more excited for Shadow, tbh.
    Haha yea.. I mean I tried. The 50% slow sounds okey for pvp, which I tried, but it obviously sucked cus people move out way to fast. Even on critt with blades to get a free concentration.. it felt realy bad imo. Even if it does some decent damage.. the shift towards concentration is just not very interesting. It would make it maybe slightly better if it moved with you. But even then.. its just boring.

Also dont forget pony is still here.. which we cant seem to lose after years of feedback lol.

Ye compared to ret .. shadow felt like had lots of options that actually worked. With ret.. well I ended up with basic bitch templar verdict (the 10 yard one) which just works and does good damage. Is it interesting? Nah not really, but it works. Thats kinda my opinion on ret in general.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-09-19 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Oh, but I am truly looking forward to having a big chunk of by DPS attached to an immobile ground effect. It's going to be great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Out of the classes I actually play I would say Warlock. Howeve Warrior looks awesome and Monk seems solid.

I don't think I will ever main Warlock again unless they remove Malefic Grasp and make DoTs do the damage. I honestly feel like Affliction has the least interesting mechanic out of all DoT specs. I know it has access to a lot of cool stuff and will probably be good, but I don't like the playstyle. You are not really managing your DoTs with a purpose, feels like a chore to keep them up so your otherwise underwhelming ability does some damage.
    I loved the Legion Affliction, where you had two workable builds, one somewhat bursty (dump tons of Unstable Afflictions on the kill target at once), one less so (keep UA up as much as possible), and where you could play a mini-game on keeping the weapon buff up as much as possible. Ever since it's been just another burst spec - you get all your DoTs up, wait until you can spend to get some more up, and then hit your cooldown. Which, to annoy me further, is a demon. If I wanted to be summoning demons for extra damage, I'd be a Demo lock, FFS. My lock has been Destro these last two expacs, and hardly gets played, because at least Demo gets to land massive hits sometimes and is pretty simple.

I too miss the days of Affliction being a real DoT spec.

One the things Legion did very wrong, and which has never really been fixed, is that the vast majority of specs had their DPS rotations turned into 'build and spend' rotations. It's pretty boring when about everything plays fundamentally the same way. One of the nice things about WoW used to be that there was probably a DPS style to suit you, no matter what you preferred. Build and Spend, Cooldown limited, resource pooling, spam-cast and react to procs, it was all there.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2022-09-19 at 06:26 PM.

Frost DK.

I've mained that class and spec since the ICC patch in Wrath, and I just can't be excited for what they are doing with the spec.

The latest changes to the talent tree have actually made it even worse IMO. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I too miss the days of Affliction being a real DoT spec.
    As much as I think the fantasy is cool, I think that "real DoT spec" tends to be one of the least desirable damage profiles, except for sustained (spread) cleave in which case it's brokenly OP.

In any case, the new Vile Taint+Inevitable Demise+Soul Rot has me more interested in Affliction than any point since Legion. (Oh, and also returning artifact traits.)
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Peacemoon View Post
    Err guardian druid, which is my main actually. I feel like it’s been forgotten about, but as long as it’s functional…
    This was going to be my answer as well.

Hopefully it gets another pass because the tree not exciting at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Priests/Warlock
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to jump on a hate train, but Evoker. Someone said it above, no one asked for it. Thematically it may be a win, which we'll see, but I don't find anything about it interesting at all.

There are several, but i really dislike prot paladin. Paladin in general struggles in a lot of places, but prot has to be the most unimaginative tree of all. There are no different playstyles, no real synergies no interesting talents. Besides the new absorb cooldown its all boring increases to strenght or amor. sometimes a damage buff for avengers shield and thats it.

Evoker. /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Evoker.

No one asked for this, looks clunky, weird range, limited to one race and that one race is limited to only evoker class.

Don't like it at all.

Necromancer or even tinker (with turret focus) would've been much more interesting.
    As someone on the beta. Evoker is on of the least clunky classes they have ever made. Everything just flows together.

It is actually probably one the best designed classes they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw Rogue...than again I could never get into it and subtlety looks like it has bunch of interesting stuff put in

I really haven't looked them all up cause it's so much stuff now.
    But, it is unlikely i will play warlock or mage of any spec. Can't say i was stoked for evoker either because it felt like a mage.
    Rogue is unlikely as well.

Another for Evoker.
    Who the heck wants to play a hamstrung ranged class in any mode? Except for Time Dilation (the stagger-like external) everything else is warm garbage.
    > Terrible Kick
    > Terrible CC
    > Terrible Defenses
    > Terrible Range
    > Terrible Cast times
    > (Pres) Terrible Raid CD if used with a Dmg reduction cd.
    > terrible raid heal ability (2 seconds to go off)
    > Terrible race model (subjective)
    > Terrible Empower abilities - literally can't be used in pvp at full power.

Whoever helped design the class should be fired immediately as there's no way they play this game and thought, "you know what would be a great addition? A caster with long cast times and short range." "Dudeeeeeee AND a dragon!" WoD may have been the worst expansion, but Evoker will be the worst class for sure. DF could take the title of worse expansion too if every fight is just another reskinned dragon....

However, Disc, Shadow, Arms, Prot, WW, MW, Guardian (arcane variant), Feral, Demo, Arcane, Resto Shaman, All rogue specs, & UH all look and play great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    They're setting themselves up for failure by requiring a new class to always fit the current "theme" of the expac. It won't matter next expansion that evokers came from Dragonflight, for example.

Not to mention SL was the expac that SHOULD have had a new class, and necro would have been a really solid fit, and yet nothing.
    Necro makes more sense as a 4th spec of Deathknight. Split Unholy into Unholy (disease focused) and Necromancer (pet focused) and let them really specialize. As it stands, Unholy is a weird mix of the two.

Evoker was fine as a new class, they are just ugly, have crappy mechanics that will either be broken or break them (25 yd range), and feel like something designed by the 4th string at blizzard.

Oh well, hopefully other classes are fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    However, Disc, Shadow, Arms, Prot, WW, MW, Guardian (arcane variant), Feral, Demo, Arcane, Resto Shaman, All rogue specs, & UH all look and play great.
    I know this feeling. There are so many specs that look great with their redesign that I'm really hoping Bear gets made with all the work they have built up to in mind. I'd really love to be able to use Sunfire in Bear Form since I can spec it in the general tree and get more MF and bleed interaction in the bear tree. Plllllllllease make a dot tank Blizzard and I'll be happy.

I don't like this talent style as a whole with its "specs within specs" idea, kinda

All Hunter, Mage and Rogue specs continue to be uninspiring as ever.

As a long time Shadow Priest, I think the current tree is a mess. I can appreciate what they are ATTEMPTING to do, by it feels like the tree lacks cohesion.

Kind of the most excited for Unholy, getting rid of some of the clunkier mechanics they've introduced this past expansion while still keeping the flavor.

Fury Warrior and Resto Druid look to be nice purely for mostly keeping their current playstyles without needing legendaries and tier sets.

Least excited Hunter. It’s a great class with a lot of potential but the DF trees just squander it all. No improvements whatsoever from Shadowlands. No raid utility. In fact I think every spec plays worse than they do now.

Most excited Warlock. Tanky, unkillable class with soul link for every spec. Destruction is simply sexy. Tons of variation, tons of instants, all current playstyles remain with added new ones on top. Shard generation is great even for pre-raid gear. Affliction is improved a lot. Demo is as fluid as ever.

Least excited is Evoker. I don't want to play as a wimpy, tumblr furry (or scalie?) caster. The only thing it has going for it are the flight mechanics.