Poll: Will you play Cataclysm Classic if its released

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I certainly would, but only because 10 man raiding exists in a difficult capacity. Aside from that it's not all the entertaining because while I love the revamped 1-60 zones when it was initially released (which caused me to actually level more characters), it will be a feature that certainly wouldn't hold as much weight the second time around. The cool thing about the revamped zones to me was the pacing, some of the storylines, how much faster it was to level, and obviously how it moved Azeroth forward. I realize some people hated that the old world went away, but I didn't, at least at the time. Blizzard obviously did this because they realized one of the big barrier to entry for engagement in the game was that to play with your friends at this point, you would have to level through four expansions of content, otherwise have your friends level with you.

Personally I disagree with some assessments that Cataclysm made classes play bad. I think you can make the case that WoTLK, Cata, MoP and WoD probably had some of the best designed versions of classes in the game. All of that depends on what class you played during which era and the playstyles unique to them. WoD blood DK was still my favorite iteration of blood DK, simply because it was fun keeping BoS up the entire time. MoP was incredibly fun for snapshotting classes (warlocks, mages, feral druids and UH DKS), but I wasn't a giant fan of spamming sit and using defensives as an offensive CD to cheese vengeance at the time.

Again, I'd play Cataclysm but I think at a certain point they should think about possibly releasing these with a new coat of paint. SoM in Classic is actually fundamentally a really good idea, but it launched immediately after Classic had just concluded and didn't really go far enough IMO. Cataclysm had a great host of dungeons to pull from, and while M+ wasn't native to this expansion, it wouldn't necessarily be a bad idea.

If I had to choose I'd still rather do Vanilla over again, but with massive changes this time. I'd rather Vanilla have 25 man raids, with SoM ideas and a fresh coat of paint when it comes to balance. Running the same old class meta is pretty boring IMO.

Cataclysm started the big population drop.
    Lots of bad things happened in early Cataclysm.
    I don't plan to play Cata at all.

Blizzard must make lots of changes to gain population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm is my favorite expansion, will 100% play for many reasons:
    - They fix the old world and make it bareable to level in
    - New zones are godlike, LOVE Uldum, Deepholm and especially Vashjr
    - Possibly the best dungeons ever
    - Solid raids, Tier 11 is insanely good, Firelands is great, DS is good except last 2 bosses
    - Tol Barad is great, and 2 new bgs!
    - I personally really loved Archaeology
    - And my biggest reason, TRANSMOG! The best thing they ever added!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrath is definitely a hard stopping point for me. While Cata was a fun time, ultimately if I want Cata I can still get that by playing Retail. MoP even moreso since even the talents work the same (at least until Dragonflight).
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I doubt if I'll be playing Cata, it - for me - is when WoW started its' downhill slide. The only good things about it are mogging and LFR.

Nah, Wrath would be the only one I would want to possibly play and no rdf killed that for me

Ive played since vanilla up to wod(took a break) back for legion->bfa quit and played exclusively classic since launch.

I would play cata, and every expansion in order after as well if they would let me.

I HOPE They go the MANY Changes route and add more things in that they have definetly gotten right with retail (The AH being the biggest one right now for me). Really wish they would give us all the graphical upgrades too but who knows probably just a re-release for the easiest money they can make.

Either way im here until they kick me off

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed raiding then but would like to see some changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I doubt if I'll be playing Cata, it - for me - is when WoW started its' downhill slide. The only good things about it are mogging and LFR.
    Now LFR is what i would want removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Nope. To me Cata was the beginning of the end, that turning point where I no longer wanted to play every day. There were a few reasons, but mainly I didn't like what they did with the talent trees.
    What did they do with talent trees in Cata? All they changed was having to put in 31 points before you can invest into another tree. Not sure how that is so terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    What did they do with talent trees in Cata? All they changed was having to put in 31 points before you can invest into another tree. Not sure how that is so terrible.
    I think I had a similar discussion in this thread already, but to sum things up:

-Inability to make a hybrid spec because 31 pointers were mandatory
    -Only 1 talent point every two level, hurting the leveling process
    -Started a downward slope of Blizzard pruning talents and character growth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Not all of it, but every now and then. I'd play all of the expacs till end of Legion. WoD too, for all it's faults.
    Yeah, I don't see myself playing BFA or SLands. Maybe if they were sped up to only lasting a year each, MAYBE.

Talents had to be changed though, or new toons would get their signature ability at level 70 or there'd be some completely ridiculous builds, especially for pallies and druids. I thought Cata started the "pick your spec" thing though, but was that later? Pandaria?

As someone that played a priest I do agree that by Wrath my action bars were plastered with skills and abilities I never pressed. And the tooltip for shadow form was like a page long.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

I fully expect there to eventually be a progression set of severs that move from Classic up to Retail over the course of a couple years... at the end of which your characters are moved to Retail and the servers are wiped, reset, and the progression can start over in Vanilla once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

I might have played it a little bit if it meant getting to MOP (when I would want to stop) if the cucumbers in charge could release the old expansions like they were and not muck with them at all with their crap reforged\remastered whatever the hell they want to call it ideas and not a faithful re-release, but they push me and my friends off the classic bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    OSRS is an entirely different kind of MMO than WoW. It's easier for Jagex to do it because development costs are microscopic compared to WoW's. Blizzard can barely handle one single live developed game and there is not a universe which exists where Blizzard would be interested in opening themselves up for development on two. At the very least it would require Classic to have its own separate subscription cost...something that would be an immediate turn off for many of its current players, I'd wager.
    I would say the exact opposite, Most of us that play Classic play exclusively Classic and would love to support what we love not the shit sandwich that is retail.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Yeah, I don't see myself playing BFA or SLands. Maybe if they were sped up to only lasting a year each, MAYBE.
    I mean TBCC lasted 15 Months. So not that far of a stretch.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodreh View Post
    I fully expect there to eventually be a progression set of severs that move from Classic up to Retail over the course of a couple years... at the end of which your characters are moved to Retail and the servers are wiped, reset, and the progression can start over in Vanilla once again.
    Honestly I think you're underestimating how fast Blizz will churn it out.

For a lot of people Wrath is the stopping point. I think they'll churn out a new "Season" of Classic every time the last season moves onto Cataclysm.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post

Now LFR is what i would want removed.
    I know a lot of people hate LFR for some good reasons, for those who don't have time (or aren't willing to dedicate the time) to do raiding LFR is a way of seeing the content.

7+ Year Old Account
    no. i wasnt a fan of how cata gutted specs and revamped the talent system. I absolutely hated LFR. dragonsoul was a fairly crap raid IMO. while i did like the dungeons. the raids werent that great at all. even firelands wasnt all that good and that was the most fun part of it for me. i liked some of the zones and i think i was the only person in the world that liked the underwater area. but overall i wasnt a fan. just me tho. i know a lot of others liked it just fine.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm was the expansion that burned me out and make me take time off, so no, not sure I wanna relive those days. It was halfway through Firelands and I was like 'not sure I wanna be a hardcore player no more' and I just stopped. I am sure they'd be some who will love it and good for them, for me, Cataclysm was when the game started to really make that change for me. The starting of he removal of the RPG aspect and what would eventually become the more fast paced game we have today.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-09-20 at 07:40 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paperfox View Post
    I know a lot of people hate LFR for some good reasons, for those who don't have time (or aren't willing to dedicate the time) to do raiding LFR is a way of seeing the content.
    Lets face facts mate, if you dont have the time to do a raid for a few hours then its not really the game for you (not you personally).