Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would not exactly go ahead and buy EVGA take on this unconditionally. They had quite a few explosions last few years and probably decided it's more trouble than it's worth it.

"Disrespect"? What kind of bullshit reason is that, it's a business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I would not exactly go ahead and buy EVGA take on this unconditionally. They had quite a few explosions last few years and probably decided it's more trouble than it's worth it.

"Disrespect"? What kind of bullshit reason is that, it's a business.
    Did you watch the video?
    It is incredibly disrespectful to partners to hold them in the dark until the general public finds out about something, especially something as important AS THE PRICE. Oh, and price caps on what they can charge, meaning they're guaranteed to lose money on halo products.

And yes, it is a business, that's why they decided to stop making GPUs, because it's not worth the massive fucking hassle it is for them

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    The MSI Trio, Lightning and suprim cards says hi

For Nvidia cards the top dogs are Asus, MSI, Gigabyte and EVGA. For AMD cards the top dogs are Sapphire, XFX, Zotac and Palit.
    Thanks. I will look all 3 companies' offers once the 4070 Ti is available. Or the ones you mentioned if I end up going with an AMD CPU/mobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    Fucking hell, imagine if nvidia was allowed to acquire ARM. They're a terrible company and the market is (still) at their mercy. It sucks that we're gonna lose the company that has arguably the best customer support.
    Market was, is and will be at their mercy. Perhaps gaming segment can run on AMD cards but 3D design cannot. There are systems (engines) designed for Nvidia cards and AMD ones, while being able to emulate it, perform much worse I hope this will change sooner rather then later.

Makes no sense and biggest tech drama maybe ever. I know he said hes not gonna sell the company, but what else you gonna do if you loose all that revenue. Anywho, great something vs Nvidia happens.

Im happy with my 970 asus strix model, and ill likely buy a strix model again. No issues since 2015, quiet with not to bad a coil whine, but still not great.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Makes no sense and biggest tech drama maybe ever. I know he said hes not gonna sell the company, but what else you gonna do if you loose all that revenue. Anywho, great something vs Nvidia happens.

Im happy with my 970 asus strix model, and ill likely buy a strix model again. No issues since 2015, quiet with not to bad a coil whine, but still not great.
    I gotta ask. What is the difference between the ASUS ROG cards and the ASUS Strix cards?

Quote Originally Posted by Medievaldragon View Post
    I gotta ask. What is the difference between the ASUS ROG cards and the ASUS Strix cards?
    And then I have ASUS TUF 3080 Ti. xDD Oh man-children marketing.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

TUF is their budget, strix is there top end. At least thats how I understood it.

Im sure you can find better fans, or slight higher boost frequencies, but Id hope strix model is also the more cool/quiet card.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2022-09-18 at 11:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strix is top end, ROG is mid-tier, TUF is bottom tier from how I remember it.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    Strix is top end, ROG is mid-tier, TUF is bottom tier from how I remember it.

Is there really a middel level? I figured ROG strix was the same naming scheme. And I just ignore the ROG and call it strix GPUs. Idk ^^

Anyway either way Im pretty sure most board partners are gonna be fine. Im maybe just lucky with my 970 also. Never hotter than 65c, still runs silent fans when not under much load etc. And I have never taken it out of the case, only dusting it. Granted I also live in a colder climate (Which is scarry to think that will matter in our shitty world), no pets, no smoke and I keep dust away :P

Edit: checked pricerunner for my country Denmark, ALL top 10 most searched cards are Asus and 2 gigabyte models. People want that cheaper TUF models.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2022-09-18 at 11:45 AM.

TUF is their budget, strix is there top end. At least thats how I understood it.
    Yea, when I was looking at benchmarks, they were all within 0.1 fps difference, sounds like snake oil. Or lottery, some overclock more, some less. x86 is a joke, at least takes their clown image seriously and provides LEDs.
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-09-18 at 11:39 AM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest reason for EVGA telling Nvidia to go pound sand is because they are massively under cutting the AIB producers with their Founders Edition cards. This wouldn't be a problem of the FE cards only existed as launch models and they stopped producing them after the AIB cards hit the market. But when you have like a $300 price difference between an EVGA and the FE card, people are going to buy the cheaper option every time even if it is slightly worse for thermals.

Nvidia keeps getting away with anti consumer and anti competitive business practices and it needs to stop. So long as Nvidia is capable of building their own cards, they don't even need the AIBs and the profits go directly to them. So unless AMD can figure their shit out and find a way to build cards that are a boat load more power efficient while offering significantly more performance than Nvidia, the AIBs are going to have to suffer low profit margins or exclusively make AMD cards.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2022-09-18 at 12:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm now on the limbo boat. 98% of all my graphic cards have always been EVGA. What is the next best video card manufacturer with nigh as good a customer service as EVGA?
    I'd go with ASUS. Imo its probably next best. Their products are generally top notch as far as failure and software goes.
    But the support still won't come close to EVGA though.

I have been looking around. Seems for EVGA performance-like video cards, ASUS and Gigabyte are the alternative. The other brands don't go high-end overclocking+cooling fan solutions. The other brands focus more on budget and small cooling solutions.

The AMD brands you mentioned: XFX and Sapphire -- I don't know if they do high-end overclocking/cooling solutions.
    What cards are you comparing? Kingpin or something? EVGA has never been a top dog when it comes to Nvidia GPUs, both MSI and ASUS have been consistently ahead. Gigabyte I would avoid at all cost - they have had major issues with all of their Nvidia lineups in last 3 generations. AMD I would just avoid: noone except Sapphire does custom boards and regardless of how good the board or cooling is GPU itself is the weak spot. They just tend to die.

As I said, noone makes cards that have no issues. Those issues also depend on a specific model and can vary heavily inside single generation lineups of the same vendor.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    What cards are you comparing? Kingpin or something? EVGA has never been a top dog when it comes to Nvidia GPUs, both MSI and ASUS have been consistently ahead. Gigabyte I would avoid at all cost - they have had major issues with all of their Nvidia lineups in last 3 generations. AMD I would just avoid: noone except Sapphire does custom boards and regardless of how good the board or cooling is GPU itself is the weak spot. They just tend to die.

As I said, noone makes cards that have no issues. Those issues also depend on a specific model and can vary heavily inside single generation lineups of the same vendor.
    EVGA is the number 1 seller of video cards on planet earth and Nvidia's number 1 partner by far. It does not even come close. These are the facts, google it.

Also 80% of EVGA's business is selling video cards, some say this will be the end of EVGA. It is a very sad day for gamers.

I have bought EVGA products for almost 20 years, never had a issue except with the 3090, which they replaced for free. Free shipping, completely free swap for a new model and have had no issues with that. Customer service they had was 2nd to NONE.

Sad day

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post

Gigabyte fixed their issues with the RTX cards some time ago. I've got a V2 Gaming OC 3080 and it's running perfectly fine. A lot of the early 30 series cards had problems because the chucklefucks were all omitting having a couple of the more expensive MLCC NAND chips on the board in order to save costs, so when they were boosting, they were causing systems to shut down. This was patched by limiting how much it can boost, but didn't exactly fix the design flaws of the cards.

Revenue is not profit. Despite being 80% of their revenue, its only half their profit (or less, in years like this one) because of the absurdly tiny margins.

They told all GPUs to go straight to hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    A shame, I never owned a EVGA card but I heard people who did and needed help from their customer service saying it's was exceptionally good.
    if you were using a scale, you would have EVGA at the end for 'good' and gigabyte at the end for 'bad', with other companies falling somewhere inbetween.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    if you were using a scale, you would have EVGA at the end for 'good' and gigabyte at the end for 'bad', with other companies falling somewhere inbetween.
    This just makes me laugh. Has it become a hobby to bash on Gigabyte? or is it because Gigabyte are actually making better product then Asus and the fan boys are getting butt hurt?
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL: