Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    "The writing team is incredible." And then we got BfA and Shadowlands.
    And vanilla, bc, wotlk, cataclysm, mop, wod and legion

  2. #62
    "demon hunters will never be added because there isn't enough lore to justify 3 specs"
    Wrong for the right reason at least.

  3. #63
    M+ blows... it's ruining raiding...

    Now: "I love M+, fuck raiding" :P

  4. #64
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    It was not very fun if you had latency either, which many of my friends had. The scouts for example was a nightmare because different people literally saw them in different positions so traps didn't land where they should and so on. We say it's easy now but we tend to forget not everyone had the best setup or bandwidth back then.
    It really is something we need to remember; the further back you go, the more likely someone in your group or raid was working with very poor internet.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    And vanilla, bc, wotlk, cataclysm, mop, wod and legion
    Eh the only one out of those that I agree with being trash writing is WoD. BfA and SL were utter dogshit and Dragonflight is looking like more of the same garbage.

  6. #66
    Brewmaster Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,493
    "Nothing will ever come to be WoD levels of low/boring ever again..." SL did a good job of proving me wrong on that.

    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this is just flat out wrong...wrath was extremly barebones and revamped naxx,legion and bfa had way more content,and if i recall right every expansion since had a patch that was larger than the last record

    just because you dont enjoy the content,doesnt mean there hasnt been more of it
    Extremely bare bones.... what? Not saying BFA doesn't deserve some recognition for things like patch 8.2, but saying Wrath was bare bones is laughable and a quick way to get everyone to ignore what you are trying to impart....
    Last edited by Whitedragon; 2022-09-18 at 06:37 AM.

  7. #67
    That the sub fee was too much. During wrath my brother and I would walk past the WoW wotlk display in target and mock it saying something like “wotlk more like wrath of the bitch king. Why would I pay $15 when I can pay $7 for RuneScape”
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

  8. #68
    Brewmaster Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    "demon hunters will never be added because there isn't enough lore to justify 3 specs"
    Wrong for the right reason at least.
    It's really odd, I still to this day honestly wish they had just garbed some of the kit from the D3 Demon Hunter, and made it a ranged spec that used a bow/crossbow.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    It's really odd, I still to this day honestly wish they had just garbed some of the kit from the D3 Demon Hunter, and made it a ranged spec that used a bow/crossbow.
    There isn't any lore justification for it and guys who have burnt out eyes using ranged weapons is super goofy.

    They could have ass pulled a third spec as anything they wanted but in every case it's going to be contrived. I'm glad they didn't to be honest

  10. #70
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    516
    I thought sylvanas playing 5d chess and doing horrible things without ever elaborating would actually go somewhere or have some sort of payoff. When blizzard said "you don't know the whole story just yet" I actually took them for their word.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    I thought sylvanas playing 5d chess and doing horrible things without ever elaborating would actually go somewhere or have some sort of payoff. When blizzard said "you don't know the whole story just yet" I actually took them for their word.
    Oh you poor bastard. You actually thought that Shadowlands was the end of a ~20 year old saga too and not just something they came up with out of panic because they were insecure about FFXIV ending their saga?

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    "Nothing will ever come to be WoD levels of low/boring ever again..." SL did a good job of proving me wrong on that.



    Extremely bare bones.... what? Not saying BFA doesn't deserve some recognition for things like patch 8.2, but saying Wrath was bare bones is laughable and a quick way to get everyone to ignore what you are trying to impart....
    you are letting your emotions and nostalgia cloud your rational thinking,wrath's only real contribution was the vehicle stuff (that everyone hated btw),and phasing tech(that everyone also hated)

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you are letting your emotions and nostalgia cloud your rational thinking,wrath's only real contribution was the vehicle stuff (that everyone hated btw),and phasing tech(that everyone also hated)
    Wrath had made game more accessible to wider auditory of players, that was big factor by itself. Because constant attempts to make game hardcore again had been proven to be counter-productive, as game was losing 2.5M/xpack and flying removal disaster costed Blizzard another 5M subs.

    What's wrong with direction of development? Inclusivity is priceless - race change for free!

  14. #74
    That people weren't bad at the game and simply needed practice, back when I started playing in MoP.

    Now I think most people are horrible at the game and should actively be banned from participating in a lot of activities(m+, raids, pvp) because they ruin any activity they join by being bad at the game. It's not a lack of practice, they don't give a fuck. I was better at the game after a year of playing than some people are despite playing it since launch.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2022-09-18 at 08:18 AM.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Eh the only one out of those that I agree with being trash writing is WoD. BfA and SL were utter dogshit and Dragonflight is looking like more of the same garbage.
    I deeply hate the stupid vanilla's two faction. Rest was ok.

    Then BC was the lowest lore point. Between space russian octopus, "war3 heroes are mad go kill them" and the incredible love story between a dragon and his waifu sunwell.

    Wotlk made Arthas a cartoon villain, the stupid tournament and the ending "the flying dutchman allways need a captai... wait no... the scourge need a lich king" for the most stupid reason ever.

    Cataclysm's Sylvanas raising new undeads instead of using the whole Northrend continent, deathwing being a useless retard and the whole thrall's story.

    Mop and Jaina's skysophrenia from patch to patch, every one betraying the horde and Garrosh and blaming him for their own stupidity. The death of Cairn in a random book. Pandaren killing eachothers in the horde and alliance for some reason ? The whole boring panda philosophy.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2022-09-18 at 08:44 AM.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    That people weren't bad at the game and simply needed practice, back when I started playing in MoP.

    Now I think most people are horrible at the game and should actively be banned from participating in a lot of activities(m+, raids, pvp) because they ruin any activity they join by being bad at the game. It's not a lack of practice, they don't give a fuck. I was better at the game after a year of playing than some people are despite playing it since launch.
    How old are you? There will be moment in your life, when you'll realize, that world doesn't revolve around "being good at games" and it actually means nothing in your life.

    What's wrong with direction of development? Inclusivity is priceless - race change for free!

  17. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    How old are you? There will be moment in your life, when you'll realize, that world doesn't revolve around "being good at games" and it actually means nothing in your life.
    This right here. It's actually kinda sad when you see people who think that it does, I usually pity them.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Wrath had made game more accessible to wider auditory of players, that was big factor by itself. Because constant attempts to make game hardcore again had been proven to be counter-productive, as game was losing 2.5M/xpack and flying removal disaster costed Blizzard another 5M subs.
    making the game more accessible isnt content,the content was always there,also now we have lfr normal hc and mythic and challenging m+,the ammount of content is far larger,and thats just raid wise,not to mention all the dozens of stuff added that wotlk had none of

    you say they made the game more hardcore,but they did that yes,wile also adding far more casual content,you can get easy epics from world quests,m0 and m+ has a huge range for all geaer and skill levels

    face facts,the game didnt change for the worse,you just got older

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    "Nothing will ever come to be WoD levels of low/boring ever again..." SL did a good job of proving me wrong on that.
    hard disagree, wod had one major patch (unless you count selfie camera patch...), and honestly only issue i had with sl was pacing
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-09-18 at 11:41 AM.

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    making the game more accessible isnt content,the content was always there,also now we have lfr normal hc and mythic and challenging m+,the ammount of content is far larger,and thats just raid wise,not to mention all the dozens of stuff added that wotlk had none of

    you say they made the game more hardcore,but they did that yes,wile also adding far more casual content,you can get easy epics from world quests,m0 and m+ has a huge range for all geaer and skill levels

    face facts,the game didnt change for the worse,you just got older
    The whole idea of having raid difficulties came in Wrath - before that you either killed a boss or you didn't. It was a hefty paradigm shift in raiding and while I personally detested it back then and even now, I can't deny that it was the first and most monumental step in making the game 'accessible'. In line with this philosophy the 'bring the player not the class' encounter design mantra came with Wrath as well. I blame Alythess and Sacrolash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •