Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
... LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I deeply hate the stupid vanilla's two faction. Rest was ok.

    Then BC was the lowest lore point. Between space russian octopus, "war3 heroes are mad go kill them" and the incredible love story between a dragon and his waifu sunwell.

    Wotlk made Arthas a cartoon villain, the stupid tournament and the ending "the flying dutchman allways need a captai... wait no... the scourge need a lich king" for the most stupid reason ever.

    Cataclysm's Sylvanas raising new undeads instead of using the whole Northrend continent, deathwing being a useless retard and the whole thrall's story.

    Mop and Jaina's skysophrenia from patch to patch, every one betraying the horde and Garrosh and blaming him for their own stupidity. The death of Cairn in a random book. Pandaren killing eachothers in the horde and alliance for some reason ? The whole boring panda philosophy.
    So basically you made up reasons to be upset at the lore even though those descriptions aren't remotely accurate.

  2. #102
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I deeply hate the stupid vanilla's two faction. Rest was ok.

    Then BC was the lowest lore point. Between space russian octopus, "war3 heroes are mad go kill them" and the incredible love story between a dragon and his waifu sunwell.

    Wotlk made Arthas a cartoon villain, the stupid tournament and the ending "the flying dutchman allways need a captai... wait no... the scourge need a lich king" for the most stupid reason ever.

    Cataclysm's Sylvanas raising new undeads instead of using the whole Northrend continent, deathwing being a useless retard and the whole thrall's story.

    Mop and Jaina's skysophrenia from patch to patch, every one betraying the horde and Garrosh and blaming him for their own stupidity. The death of Cairn in a random book. Pandaren killing eachothers in the horde and alliance for some reason ? The whole boring panda philosophy.

    The meme of "explain _____ poorly" is a meme for a reason. It should never be used as an actual argument.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So basically you made up reasons to be upset at the lore even though those descriptions aren't remotely accurate.
    They are completely accurate. The writing has always been absolutely horrible and the main stories garbage.

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    1) Boring story-centric leveling, isn't replayable, everyone wants to skip it.
    2) Hardcore campaign with many "hard" parts, isn't replayable, everyone wants to skip it.
    Big disagree on this from me, Shadowlands had my favorite leveling of any expansion, and the campaigns were second only to Legion.

  5. #105
    Back in vanilla some friends from high school were doing AV and I walked in the room
    *laughs*"Why are there so many buttons?!"
    "Game looks like shit" (did and does still)
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  6. #106
    I once advocated that it should've been less accessible like in say classic (before classic went live). I now think players should have easy access to pre-raid BiS and not be timegated on conquest points to participate in PvP. Let people play the game, grind as much as they want until a certain point where there's a even playground and the top players will always keep their advantage with skill-gap, raid difficulties and PvP rating upgrades. Full conquest gear if you play a lot first week, upgrades thereafter. Same with mythic, upgrade easily to between normal/heroic ilvl from the beginning.

  7. #107
    I was all for the Cata revamp and thought it was going to be amazing and fought anyone who said otherwise. I'm sorry everybody!

  8. #108
    The Lightbringer Darknessvamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Hour of Twilight, Caverns of Time
    Posts
    3,747
    "Surely Blizzard's writers can't conceive of a worse setting than an artificial timetravel pocket dimension that they themselves can't even explain or understand properly." and "Nothing could possibly top the Legion transcending all time in terms of lore flubs."
    We really thought WoD was their writing at it's worst.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

  9. #109
    Brewmaster Whitedragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Definitely not behind you
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    you are letting your emotions and nostalgia cloud your rational thinking,wrath's only real contribution was the vehicle stuff (that everyone hated btw),and phasing tech(that everyone also hated)
    And achievements, and LFD, and a much advanced daily structure from BC, and a new class, and an outdoor PVP zone, and 2 new Battlegrounds, And Raid difficulties, and Hardmodes, and the pet and mount collection interface, and a new profession... Also when has something new not started out hated?

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    "Surely Blizzard's writers can't conceive of a worse setting than an artificial timetravel pocket dimension that they themselves can't even explain or understand properly." and "Nothing could possibly top the Legion transcending all time in terms of lore flubs."
    We really thought WoD was their writing at it's worst.
    On a similar note I thought Orgrim being instagibbed by Blackhand in WoD was the greatest level of disrespect Blizzard would deal to loved lore characters. Then we saw Tyrande lose her shit, Lich King Bolvar humiliated by Sylvanas and Uther of all people completely forsake his role as Kyrain and chucking Arthas into the Maw... then Arthas himself is completely consumed and destroyed at the soul level and fed to Anduin. I still don't get how Arthas is denied an afterlife while Sylvanas is subjected to a slap on the wrist and cleanup duty, perfectly free to do whatever she pleases after said duty is over. The latter arguably did more damage to Azeroth throughout a much longer stretch of time.

  11. #111
    Dreadlord Kyux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    865
    That when I got older I'd have more time and would get into raiding. Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akhlys View Post
    Once upon a time, boats were full of leaks. Now, our leaks are full of boats.

  12. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    How old are you? There will be moment in your life, when you'll realize, that world doesn't revolve around "being good at games" and it actually means nothing in your life.
    Maybe then these people should stay out of content that's too hard for them?

  13. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Maybe then these people should stay out of content that's too hard for them?
    How would Blizzard maintain a profit if they kept the majority of the playerbase locked out of endgame content?

  14. #114
    Transmog works in the context of the modern game. It would still suck in Classic. I hope its one of the things they leave out in Cata Classic. LFR is w/e as long as I never have to touch that shit for tokens or currency to be optimal.

    I used to think flying did more harm than good. Now Im glad we have it in Classic.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    It became less accessible. Back then almost anyone could beat the hardest content, now nobody can
    Do you not realize how small of the percentage of the playerbase did Naxx in classic and raided anything above Kara in BC. Now, with different difficulties significantly more people can raid. People can raid at their preferred level. The hardest still has the fewest, but much more can see the fights and kill bosses in lower difficulties. That sounds a lot more accessible to me.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    How would Blizzard maintain a profit if they kept the majority of the playerbase locked out of endgame content?
    They already are locked out of it because it's impossible to finish it with them in the group.

  17. #117
    Brewmaster Alkizon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    1,422

    Unhappy

    That they have good designers and they will succeed with new character models, they will make them better, since they already have most of necessary material in terms of style and content, it remains only to touch up textures and add a couple of movements.

    O-o-oh... how wrong I was. However, this thought began to abruptly leave me after very first concept arts, almost immediately "head of the team" stated almost in plain text, that they can't do $hit won't going to and everything would be done from scratch. But only when they started to implement them into the game, I realized that I could no longer play. It was a devastating feeling... makes me wince every time I remember it.

    The rest, in principle, was like a "slowly heating pot of water", quite expected and predictable. Trends were mostly traced if look closely.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2022-09-19 at 01:29 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by zenzaliv View Post
    Do you not realize how small of the percentage of the playerbase did Naxx in classic and raided anything above Kara in BC. Now, with different difficulties significantly more people can raid. People can raid at their preferred level. The hardest still has the fewest, but much more can see the fights and kill bosses in lower difficulties. That sounds a lot more accessible to me.
    That not because they couldn't. It's because they either didn't know what raiding was or didn't put in the effort. Believe me any moron could clear those raids, they were laughably easy

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    They already are locked out of it because it's impossible to finish it with them in the group.
    hmm i seldom meet such people, so maybe if you have failing groups often consider its not "them" who is the issue...
    honestly, more often than people too bad for the content i met people "too good" for the content who screwed it up for everybody...

  20. #120
    You may say I have a hot take opinion, but it's certainly not wrong.

    This game has too many buttons.

    If you only do PVE, likely never use interrupts, cc, or anything else other than dps abilities, you will probably feel like the game has too few buttons, actually.
    But if you do PVP, where you have to use everything in the spellbook PLUS team mate macros, it gets very uncomfortable.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •