Elemental Lord Brewmaster Kolee's Avatar

Ok I think I need these - how complicated will it be?

I only just started playing again, after a few years away. I have one toon in Shadowlands, lvl 60 but only chapter 2 of the Kyrian campaign. I still use the mog I used circa Cata-BF, but now I think these wings would be a nice addition. Looks like I've got more stuff to unlock, plus some challenges to play through? Will these be tough, like Mage Tower, or fairly quick? Am I likely to unlock these before Dragon xpac? Thanks.

Reverent Wings of the Ascended
    ^^^^^^^
    Link to item on wowhead
    Last edited by Brewmaster Kolee; 2022-09-17 at 03:34 AM. Reason: clarification

Remember it's a game. Have a beer buff. Chill.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I only just started playing again, after a few years away. I have one toon in Shadowlands, lvl 60 but only chapter 2 of the Kyrian campaign. I still use the mog I used circa Cata-BF, but now I think these wings would be a nice addition. Looks like I've got more stuff to unlock, plus some challenges to play through? Will these be tough, like Mage Tower, or fairly quick? Am I likely to unlock these before Dragon xpac? Thanks.

Reverent Wings of the Ascended
    ^^^^^^^
    Link to item on wowhead
    Mage Tower is hard, but fast. As in, if you are good, it would take you a day.

If you struggle with the mechanics, as most do, you might need to grind out specific gear and then practice over and over.
    Could take a day, could take you weeks.

Overall, it comes down to your own skill.

Those wings though, you could get within a week tops. Not hard at all, just needa get into the Kyrian stuff and play the minigame.

The main time consuming part is getting the path of ascension up to rank 5 to have access to all difficulties and all bosses, which the cloak you want is from the last boss on the highest difficulty. It takes 44k anima and 150 redeemed souls to get it maxed out. Then you'll have to gather up mats to create items in order to unlock the different bosses you can face in the path of ascension and that will take you running around all of shadowlands. It's probably do-able before dragonflight comes out, but it's going to be a bit of a grind.

However once you have all that said and done, the challenges themselves are quite easy. I used the guides here to help with strategizing the fights, though there are some humility level fights that were missing so I had to google videos for those ones. I used Pelagos for every fight so you don't have to advance through the kyrian campaign to unlock Mikanikos if you don't want to. This guide is a complete overview for it. It'll tell you where to find medallions of service so you can buy the crafting materials, what sort of items you can craft to help give you an edge on the fights, and a breakdown of what each boss drops on each difficulty.

There's also a very similar set from just doing the campaign at 60.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=181295/...f-the-ascended
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Elemental Lord Brewmaster Kolee's Avatar
    Thanks All! Just the info and perspective I was looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    There's also a very similar set from just doing the campaign at 60.

https://www.wowhead.com/item=181295/...f-the-ascended
    Yep I saw those, which is what caused me to look at what other color variants might be available. The ones you linked are just a tad different shade of gold. Thanks though!

Remember it's a game. Have a beer buff. Chill.