Bug or just another annoying hidden mechanic?

I notice it constantly in ZM. If I'm not in combat, nothing deals damage to me, but there is other player nearby, who is in combat with monsters - my loot frame is constantly being auto-closed, like if monsters would damage me too. This is extremely annoying. Especially if it's chest, that requires key, so it's wasted and all loot is sent to my mail, that forces me to go to Oribos to grab it. Does anybody else experience it? Loot window shouldn't work this way. It shouldn't close, even if I would be in combat.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Consider xloot, its a great loot frame addon. Dont know that bug else.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    I notice it constantly in ZM. If I'm not in combat, nothing deals damage to me, but there is other player nearby, who is in combat with monsters - my loot frame is constantly being auto-closed, like if monsters would damage me too. This is extremely annoying. Especially if it's chest, that requires key, so it's wasted and all loot is sent to my mail, that forces me to go to Oribos to grab it. Does anybody else experience it? Loot window shouldn't work this way. It shouldn't close, even if I would be in combat.
    There’s several mailboxes in ZM

Turn on auto loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never experienced that except for when nearby a fight which seems like it is meant to happen because I'm in combat/fighting. As well, there are mailboxes on ZM. Consider turning on Auto-loot.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    Turn on auto loot.
    As I remember, auto-loot just loots everything automatically, that still takes some time. So, if loot-window is auto-closed immediately, it just won't work anyway. But I'll try it.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

As I remember, auto-loot just loots everything automatically, that still takes some time. So, if loot-window is auto-closed immediately, it just won't work anyway. But I'll try it.
    Autoloot takes a split second to work. It will solve your problem.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’m still confused as to why you’re going back to Oribos to get your mail

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I’m still confused as to why you’re going back to Oribos to get your mail
    Oh, man. I've just found it. May be ZM is just so badly designed, but I couldn't find it for 3 months of playing it. May be it's cliche, but I expected to see it at southern side of main hub.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, man. I've just found it. May be ZM is just so badly designed, but I couldn't find it for 3 months of playing it. May be it's cliche, but I expected to see it at southern side of main hub.
    You don’t have mailboxes tracked on minimap? Also it’s right next to the Innkeeper, as most mailboxes are
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-09-19 at 04:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is right next to the innkeeper and the faction vendor in the main hub, as well, you haven't thought of tracking it on the mini-map if needed?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I had no need to find innkeeper and mailbox, because I had to port to covenant sanctum every time due to running mission table. And as mission table is abandoned now, I've decided to move completely to ZM not to waste time on flying to Oribos. And innkeeper/mailbox placement isn't intuitive enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    It is right next to the innkeeper and the faction vendor in the main hub, as well, you haven't thought of tracking it on the mini-map if needed?
    No he didn't find it. Because

He does no group content
    Claims rng is fake in wow to make people pay to lessen the rng
    Hates Conduits and their systems.

So if you have to npc's or be near them. He hasn't done it because they're a ploy by Blizzard to extort fomo and make you pay more.
    So yea, if you keep a 50 yd distance to npc's I can imagine you won't see it.

Obviously it's a hidden mechanic from actibli$$ard. They are so tricky, it's supposed to close your loot window so that you are forced to spend your game time on going back to Oribos. More time to spend in game = more money for actibli$$ard obviously!!!

And yeah, they have put mailboxes in ZM in such unintuitive, concealed places for the same reason. It's all a plan to get money out of you. Outrageous!!

But once again you've seen through their deceptions. You are so smart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    No he didn't find it. Because

He does no group content
    Claims rng is fake in wow to make people pay to lessen the rng
    Hates Conduits and their systems.

So if you have to npc's or be near them. He hasn't done it because they're a ploy by Blizzard to extort fomo and make you pay more.
    So yea, if you keep a 50 yd distance to npc's I can imagine you won't see it.
    Harsh but feels connected. I am honestly amazed he goes to Zerith Mortis with all the complaints about things to do and gather.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    And for those THREE MONTHS you never considered enabling the track function or even googling "is there a mailbox in ZM?". Jesus.....

- - - Updated - - -

I had no need to find innkeeper and mailbox, because I had to port to covenant sanctum every time due to running mission table. And as mission table is abandoned now, I've decided to move completely to ZM not to waste time on flying to Oribos. And innkeeper/mailbox placement isn't intuitive enough.
    Which is why the tracking function exists!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann