I think quaking needs to be replaced it hinders design.

Kind of as my two cents post but after running a week of dungeons on a class that relies on channels with quaking and bosses that spam a silence it feels excessive.

I get the benefit of quaking as it encourages a mixture of range and melee but I feel that there must be a better solution to this.

They should do a dungeon by dungeon take on each affix honestly. Put the same attention and care into dungeons that they put into the raiding instead of a one size fits all approach.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    They should do a dungeon by dungeon take on each affix honestly. Put the same attention and care into dungeons that they put into the raiding instead of a one size fits all approach.
    I mean, I think the point is that some dungeons are going to be harder with some affixes than others. You can pick and choose which week to push and you know far enough in advance what the affixes are going to be that you can plan.

I think it needs to go but for different reasons:
    1. There are always some dungeons where Blizzard fails to disable it during times where players are forced to lose control (Odyn pull for example). That results in a wipe without anything you can do.
    2. The combination quaking and the seasonal affix feels more punishing than intended. If you don't have a quaking timer you basically have to clear your buff instantly, meaning the 5% extra health on mobs is not countered by the buff the affix gives you.

Outside of the unfortunate overlaps I don't think it's a terrible affix. There are certainly worse affixes out there. Quaking can be 100% played around and made a non-factor, unlike many other affixes.

The very least thing they could do is have it not interrupt non-combat rezzing.

They made it not interrupt eating which was already a welcome change but this needs to be added.

Playing arcane mage has been pretty infuriating with quaking this week. I think I'm quitting my mage cause I leveled an outlaw and as outlaw I can press 3 buttons and do the same dungeon overall damage at 370 ilvl as my 385 mage, where I need to plan cooldowns for every pack in the dungeon and if it ever desyncs (which is often the case if you wipe or have terrible pulling pattern), you are screwed with damage for the next full minute. Outlaw? Lol just press blade flurry bro.

Then we have things like Volcanic, an actual non-affix.
    If they removed quaking and made volcanic actually do something I'd be okay with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    I mean, I think the point is that some dungeons are going to be harder with some affixes than others. You can pick and choose which week to push and you know far enough in advance what the affixes are going to be that you can plan.
    this isn't true you have no say which weeks you get to push unless your a casual in which it doesn't matter. The first month pushing up to 15 now 20 is a requirement even for AOTC groups. People may not push as hard, I personally only got to 12 the first week with Xmas and work being a lot of time right now. but to say you have a choice is not really true for a lot of people who play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    this isn't true you have no say which weeks you get to push unless your a casual in which it doesn't matter. The first month pushing up to 15 now 20 is a requirement even for AOTC groups. People may not push as hard, I personally only got to 12 the first week with Xmas and work being a lot of time right now. but to say you have a choice is not really true for a lot of people who play this game.
    I mean to say you can choose which dungeons to push on. If you have a dedicated group of 5 and are pushing your keys up, you can choose which dungeons to push and which to skip. You get 5 keys, you don't HAVE to go to Dungeon A which is really painful with X affix, instead you can go to Dungeon B which isn't that painful or Dungeon C which is actually easy with that affix...

That's my reasoning. I'm relatively casual, though. I get AOTC and down a few mythic bosses each tier. I'm not trying to push for KSM early in the season or for any titles or anything like that. /shrug. If you're that good of a player and are that hardcore about beating everything early, I don't know, deal with the mechanics?