Poll: What was the worst raid tier?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    OP said multiple times that mmo-c doesn't allow for enough option in the polls for all actual tiers to be an option. He chose to group the one that are generally consider the best because there would have probably be very little people choosing it (and considering the comments, he was actually right, the most disliked tiers seems to be those that have been individualized).
    He is not right at all, wtf. That's not how stuff works.
    If you put the raid I disliked the most together with a raid I really liked I'm not going to vote that, as it averages out.

I dislike Naxx 2.0 and Sanctum more than Trials for example. But Ulduar gets it above Trials, but it's a completely different tier.
    So, what is someone supposed to vote here?

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    He is not right at all, wtf. That's not how stuff works.
    If you put the raid I disliked the most together with a raid I really liked I'm not going to vote that, as it averages out.

I dislike Naxx 2.0 and Sanctum more than Trials for example. But Ulduar gets it above Trials, but it's a completely different tier.
    So, what is someone supposed to vote here?
    Of course it's not perfect, and could be better, but as you see in the comment, he generally chose the right one to individualize
    MMO Champs :

The answer is Dragon Soul, it was a massive disappointment after a huge build up towards facing Deathwing. Trial of the Crusader was a filler tier that lasted 3 months, had some fun bosses in a low effort location, Trial of the Crusader had no expecations on it, it was just a warmup for ICC.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I did the best I could to keep the likely "winners" on their own line. Poll options max is 20 and there's almost 30 raid tiers now. For example I doubt Ulduar was gonna get many votes so I lumped it with Wrath tier 1. I didn't really want to put all of Pandaria together but I also didn't want to put raids from two expansions on the same line.
    I know you did what you could with what you had, but for example Castle Nathria might be some peoples number 1 raid, and imo it was a great raid with a great theme despite being in a mediocre expansion. You can't really fairly group raids together into entire expansions, or multiple tiers.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Of course it's not perfect, and could be better, but as you see in the comment, he generally chose the right one to individualize
    That doesn't make any sense. By splitting off raids known to be unpopular, they're basically asking "What raid was the worst?" not what tier. An unpopular raid that was in a tier with a more popular raid might have done better as a tier, which was supposedly the point of the question.

This was a really silly way to handle not having enough poll options. The best way would have just been to leave off the tiers everyone knows isn't going to be voted the worst. An intelligently curated list is much better than a completely distorted and incorrect list.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

This poll is so shit it's wild. Imagine putting the entire of MoP together.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    lol yeah

also why is naxx together with ulduar? I'm pretty sure we waited until ulduar was up.

hands down Dragon Soul, absolute worst tier ive ever raided (sanctum/sepulcher are close 2nds), way too long, boring enviroment, last boss is the biggest endboss dissapointment ive ever witnessed and generally just a very boring tier.

I'd hate to say it, but BfA had the worst tiers. Not because the raids were bad, nonono. They were the worst to me at least, because there was no value in replaying them or doing them at all at a casual level (normal/heroic), because there was almost no valueable loot to get and m+ was just so much easier. The raids were also far too hard, especially for the ilvl they gave. Basically, the raids themselves were amazing, but the gameplay balance was complete shit, so I barely did them.

Like yeah sure, Dragon Soul was a small and uninspiring raid tier, but it was still fun and you would actually get well rewarded for doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Dude, just read the description before commenting. OP has explained it several times that he grouped together many raids, because he can only make 20 poll options. And so he decided to group together those raids that people have generally liked or have no common negative opinions about. And it turns out he is right, because those raids that have the most votes aren't grouped.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Dude, just read the description before commenting. OP has explained it several times that he grouped together many raids, because he can only make 20 poll options. And so he decided to group together those raids that people have generally liked or have no common negative opinions about. And it turns out he is right, because those raids that have the most votes aren't grouped.
    He's not right though. MoP had Throne of Thunder, arguably one of the greatest (if not THE greatest) raids of all time... and it also had Terrace of the Endless Springs, decidedly below average. How do I make a vote there? Of course the non grouped ones are gonna get more votes, because the poll is flawed in a way that makes it irrelevant.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    DRAENOR

IS

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i mean come on how do you end on that note?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

While Trial of the Crusader was an absolute garbage fire in terms of the visual design and atmosphere, the hard modes at least had you entertained for a while. And ICC was just around the corner. The first tier of WotLK was like, yeah let's raid....wait... let's do the mind-numbing farm until Ulduar is out... some day.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    DRAENOR

IS

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

i mean come on how do you end on that note?
    Well, many fights there were really fun

Quote Originally Posted by ifrah View Post
    While Trial of the Crusader was an absolute garbage fire in terms of the visual design and atmosphere, the hard modes at least had you entertained for a while. And ICC was just around the corner. The first tier of WotLK was like, yeah let's raid....wait... let's do the mind-numbing farm until Ulduar is out... some day.
    Wasn't Trial actually a test if they could get away with making one room raid tiers where you fight bosses one after another with no trash involved? Something FF14 would fully get away with and celebrated for years later.

I think it was just a response to the fact that developing Cataclysm was taking WAYYYYYY longer than they thought it would so they had to slap another raid tier together real fast.

That was definitely what happened with Ruby Sanctum as well.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

This is off-topic but this post reminded me Firelands existed and I totally just got Smoldering Egg of Millagazor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tier 11.

It was a constant mismatch of trying to balance fights between 10 and 25 man heroics (which got worse come firelands) all while being designed by a guy who suddenly learned you can make interrupts a mechanic in fights and added it to almost all the fucking encounters.

Not to mention people would legitimately skip earlier bosses on heroic to go for Nefarian and Sinestra, and good god was she a terrible fight. Looked ugly and the mechanics weren't much fun, especially for melee.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Tier 11.

It was a constant mismatch of trying to balance fights between 10 and 25 man heroics (which got worse come firelands) all while being designed by a guy who suddenly learned you can make interrupts a mechanic in fights and added it to almost all the fucking encounters.

Not to mention people would legitimately skip earlier bosses on heroic to go for Nefarian and Sinestra, and good god was she a terrible fight. Looked ugly and the mechanics weren't much fun, especially for melee.
    T11 heroic was manageable, it was normal mode that was far too over tuned in all instances making the overall difficulty curve non-existent, i have already said this in other threads talking about raiding and T11 when it comes up, the thing that made it bad was not the content in and of itself, it was the other factors surrounding the content that made it bad, such as the atramedes fight being unkillable if you did it 'legit' for several weeks after launch, the ridiculous damage scaling for feral druids on nefarian making the encounter a joke instead of this high intensity high stakes boss kill, the utter shambolic nature of al'akir on 25 man, i spent my time on that fight sitting around the edge of the arena until i got a shout from my raid leader at the time it was ok to finally join the fight, as mentioned the clear lack of testing done on sinestra making it possible to almost 1 shot her with dark simulacrum until it was disabled on that encounter and then fixed, there were so many bugs that made the tier a mess and made it a tier that i forced myself to play through and many others i know forced themselves to play through just to say they did it, it's not one that's looked back on fondly as a whole but there's some memorable fights and as i say, it's not the content itself that was bad, but the other factors that made it bad, so it's not what i would consider overall the worst tier ever, that title goes to either tier 7 or tier 14 imho.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a toss up between TOC and DS. I was so heartbroken that those tiers had zero new assets/art. TOC sticks out like a bitterly sore thumb between the magnificent and epic Ulduar and ICC. I had so much fun in ICC, it still stands as some of the best time I've spent in WoW.

DS was equally heartbreaking for similar but different reasons. It was the big finale. It had to be equal to or better than the Malygos fight. And while the first four bosses ARE undeniably fun and there are other interesting boss fight moments between, Spine and Madness were just so fucking awful. Just incredibly awful. And they made DW look so fucking ridiculous with those spaghetti noodle claws.

Ugh it makes me want to cry just thinking about how they did such a great villain so very dirty.

7+ Year Old Account
    Dam, people really didn't like (Grand) Trial of the Crusader. Personally, I loved it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Dam, people really didn't like (Grand) Trial of the Crusader. Personally, I loved it.
    It was a two room raid with awful looking tier. Some of the fights were neat, but that was a raid that got old after a couple of weeks. It's my vote now and forever, I just hate that gear and, like someone else said, it was between Ulduar and ICC which makes it look even worse by comparison.
    /s