Blizzard, do this one thing abd save WoW in all its versions & the playerbase

I am very skeptical of Blizzard having seen my hard work get invalidated by them killing classic era servers completely, and removing TBC from existence and now wanting to do the same thing to WotLK which is the best version of WoW by asking everyone's opinion of what they should change in Cata so that people would like it....

I have made a proposal/suggestion many years ago on these forums for Blizzard to centralize its playerbase on the retail version and create achievements with rewards asking the players to defeat classic content in its original form by clearing that content on the different versions of the classic game but earn unique rewards for doing so on the retail side.

Doing so would keep all the players on the retail version while still keeping all classic versions relevant and alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RemasteredClassic View Post
    I am very skeptical of Blizzard having seen my hard work get invalidated by them killing classic era servers completely, and removing TBC from existence and now wanting to do the same thing to WotLK which is the best version of WoW by asking everyone's opinion of what they should change in Cata so that people would like it....

I have made a proposal/suggestion many years ago on these forums for Blizzard to centralize its playerbase on the retail version and create achievements with rewards asking the players to defeat classic content in its original form by clearing that content on the different versions of the classic game but earn unique rewards for doing so on the retail side.

Doing so would keep all the players on the retail version while still keeping all classic versions relevant and alive.
    No thanks. They are already slowly bleeding together but should be kept separate as much as possible. Classic should be by the demand of players, able to operate on its own without having to lure people from progression servers with rewards and achievements for playing Classic.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

They kept Classic servers though? Or were they all changed to season of mastery? As for why they didn’t keep TBC, well I’m going to guess the numbers who stayed in Classic were minuscule so they didn’t bother offering the same service for TBC.

What makes WotLK the best version of WoW though?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    They kept Classic servers though? Or were they all changed to season of mastery? As for why they didn’t keep TBC, well I’m going to guess the numbers who stayed in Classic were minuscule so they didn’t bother offering the same service for TBC.
    I think it would be still great as "museum" to have at least one original realm for each expansion. Having an empty server does not really take any resource for Blizz.

Quote Originally Posted by ragethebeast View Post
    I think the sub numbers spoke for themselves.
    To be fair, I actually agree with the OP. Blizzard are making small changes to WOTLK, allowing people to earn rewards in retail would keep the numbers up. Maybe something linked to PVE and PVP, not instant rewards, but things that take time.

As well as keeping the sub numbers up, it might teach retail players how to be social, as there isn't a bit option not to do so in WOTLK/Classic with lack of xrealm

Best story WoW could ever deliver which leads to an unmatched immersion, solid to perfect raids, a large variety of solid to perfect dungeons combined with an OK class balance and an OK PvP.

Why don’t I play it right now? I tried, yet WoW without transmog doesn’t work for me anymore – this is the only real progress the game made after WotLK, unfortunately at least for me a necessary progression.

this is one of worst idea i've ever read on this forum, and there is a lot of stupid idea posted here

The #1 thing they could do help WoW is create a version that runs without a dedicated graphics card. Minecraft can run on basic windows computers without a GFX card. They estimate 16 million minecraft players. I think WoW would have 20 million if they just released a low rez version that could run on a simple $300 Windows laptop.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cragrock1 View Post
    To be fair, I actually agree with the OP. Blizzard are making small changes to WOTLK, allowing people to earn rewards in retail would keep the numbers up. Maybe something linked to PVE and PVP, not instant rewards, but things that take time.

As well as keeping the sub numbers up, it might teach retail players how to be social, as there isn't a bit option not to do so in WOTLK/Classic with lack of xrealm
    Well the sub was 12million at the end of bc and begining of wrath it went down from there. So if the subs speak for themselves the first patch of wow is what started its slow bleeding out of subscribers. Ippso facto Wrath (Naxx/Ulduar) killed WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Xerberous View Post
    Best story WoW could ever deliver which leads to an unmatched immersion, solid to perfect raids, a large variety of solid to perfect dungeons combined with an OK class balance and an OK PvP.

Why don’t I play it right now? I tried, yet WoW without transmog doesn’t work for me anymore – this is the only real progress the game made after WotLK, unfortunately at least for me a necessary progression.
    Best story? The story lambasted on release because the LK being an incompetent 80's cartoon character? "ill get you in the next zone captain planet!" And then running away.
    The story told in LK wasnt that great it was only looked forward too because of the story told in Warcraft 3. If you only take WotLK it was a terrible travesty of lore (there must always be a lich king ring a bell?)

Naxx was so easy that most guilds on my server quit before ulduar came out. I think even Ensidia/Death and taxes/ whatever they were calling themselves then broke apart again after they stomped naxx in T6 armor. Ulduar was good, but no one got to run it before the abomination of Totc/TotGC which started the boring method of menu switching difficulty, and limited attempts and the most borning setting. Only saved by anub arak.

The dungeons were changed into speedrunning trash packs because now there was very little strategic planning or cc needed. The term wrathbaby wasn't made as a term of endearment, it was a derogatory term to call someone who wanted everything to be made easier because thats what starting in wrath made them think wow was like. As for the dungeons themselves the trashpacks were sped through and then bosses have long wait times (first boss of uk, last boss of uk resurrection, lightning boss in HoL, all of Vh, anub arak AN fight etc). Speaking of poor Anub, the general of ice crowns army, the king of all the nerubians has his entire domain clippes to a 2 5 man dungeons. When originally Azjol-Nerub was supposed to be a subterranean zone spanning most of northrend before they cut it for time.

The best mechanics was probably occulus, but everyone abandoned that as it was too hard even though its a free win once you make it to your drakes.

The raid patch dungeons were nice and different, only difficult one was HoR first boss if your tank didnt believe in LoSing.

PvP was a mess of healers being unkillable especially druids, dks being unbalanced af and the standard RMP comp. PVE balance was okay till Ulduar when they realized that melee only scaled with weapon damage, and had to bandaid add armor pen stat into the game till they could fix them going into cata.

As for the topic as long as its something cosmetic that never goes away with new ones added each patch then its a good investment on blizzards part. People are already only paying 1 sub for access to both games so use the lull in retail for them to keep subs up and earn stuff on classic that in turn give them benefits on the retail game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The #1 thing they could do help WoW is create a version that runs without a dedicated graphics card. Minecraft can run on basic windows computers without a GFX card. They estimate 16 million minecraft players. I think WoW would have 20 million if they just released a low rez version that could run on a simple $300 Windows laptop.
    I actually agree with this. I have desktop PC that is older, not ancient or anything. It runs ESO and GW2 with no issue at all. It will no longer run WoW or Diablo 3 (which is stupid in my view since I had been running Diablo 3 on it for years).

I've got an Alienware that I use primarily for gaming and it's all good there but I've been pissed off for some time that the "MMO that can run on a toaster" has been upgraded past graphics cards that serve quite well for its competitors.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Cragrock1 View Post

Nah, no thanks. If classic "can't keep the numbers up", it should just be left to die off.
    There's nothing different from running content on retail vs classic, so there's nothing to be taught??

solid to perfect raids
    ulduar was good yeah,but everything else?PERFECT?in WRATH?? when the wrath babies were born and raised on hello kitty difficulty?lol,dude trolling is forbiden

Well the sub was 12million at the end of bc and begining of wrath it went down from there. So if the subs speak for themselves the first patch of wow is what started its slow bleeding out of subscribers. Ippso facto Wrath (Naxx/Ulduar) killed WoW

Best story? The story lambasted on release because the LK being an incompetent 80's cartoon character? "ill get you in the next zone captain planet!" And then running away.
    The story told in LK wasnt that great it was only looked forward too because of the story told in Warcraft 3. If you only take WotLK it was a terrible travesty of lore (there must always be a lich king ring a bell?)

Naxx was so easy that most guilds on my server quit before ulduar came out. I think even Ensidia/Death and taxes/ whatever they were calling themselves then broke apart again after they stomped naxx in T6 armor. Ulduar was good, but no one got to run it before the abomination of Totc/TotGC which started the boring method of menu switching difficulty, and limited attempts and the most borning setting. Only saved by anub arak.

The dungeons were changed into speedrunning trash packs because now there was very little strategic planning or cc needed. The term wrathbaby wasn't made as a term of endearment, it was a derogatory term to call someone who wanted everything to be made easier because thats what starting in wrath made them think wow was like. As for the dungeons themselves the trashpacks were sped through and then bosses have long wait times (first boss of uk, last boss of uk resurrection, lightning boss in HoL, all of Vh, anub arak AN fight etc). Speaking of poor Anub, the general of ice crowns army, the king of all the nerubians has his entire domain clippes to a 2 5 man dungeons. When originally Azjol-Nerub was supposed to be a subterranean zone spanning most of northrend before they cut it for time.

The best mechanics was probably occulus, but everyone abandoned that as it was too hard even though its a free win once you make it to your drakes.

The raid patch dungeons were nice and different, only difficult one was HoR first boss if your tank didnt believe in LoSing.

PvP was a mess of healers being unkillable especially druids, dks being unbalanced af and the standard RMP comp. PVE balance was okay till Ulduar when they realized that melee only scaled with weapon damage, and had to bandaid add armor pen stat into the game till they could fix them going into cata.

As for the topic as long as its something cosmetic that never goes away with new ones added each patch then its a good investment on blizzards part. People are already only paying 1 sub for access to both games so use the lull in retail for them to keep subs up and earn stuff on classic that in turn give them benefits on the retail game
    And yet it was the most popular expansion ever, going by sub numbers. Which is the only metric that really matters. You may think other expansions have better stories, or better raids, or better dungeons, or better whatever your personal opinion is, but you can't point to another expansion that had 12 million subs at its peak.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I don't mind the mount reward for leveling a dk through the starting area, but I'm mixed as to whether rewards similar to that should be applied to other things, particularly discontinued transmogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    And yet it was the most popular expansion ever, going by sub numbers. Which is the only metric that really matters. You may think other expansions have better stories, or better raids, or better dungeons, or better whatever your personal opinion is, but you can't point to another expansion that had 12 million subs at its peak.
    Well depending on the source you use, Cata also had 12million as its peak, so Cata best expansion?

There is 0 downside to just having it be 2 games.

About time this guy was banned (again). Though I'm sure it won't last.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account

Sorry but that is a big ass nostalgia trip about raiding. Raiding has been the best right now and last few expansions, no way it was perfect in WOTLK.
    Story is of course one of the best because it came straight down from WC3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?