Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
... LastLast
  1. #141
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,792
    Quote Originally Posted by pinglong View Post
    It's just going to be cringe going into Cata knowing how unfinished it is again and i doubt Activision want to spend money to fix it. That Abyssal Maw raid portal will still be there.
    You hit the nail on the head with this statement.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  2. #142
    Hopefully it dies after 2 weeks as expected even if it gets released, so blizzard can finally put more resources on developing some new retail content.

    The fact is, classic/bc/wotlk (Specially wotlk) have been always very popular versions of the game in private servers, and they get pretty much all the atenttion in the community who doesn't like retail.

    However, never ever I've seen a Cata server that has lasted with a healthy pop more than a few weeks, it's been all over a dead expansion, and it gathers 0 interest from the most part.

    MoP? It could be interesting for PVP players as 5.4 was one of the most popular pvp patches that ever existed, but aside that I see no other reason to play it because it is literally the same game as retail, just with a different spell toolkit.

  3. #143
    The Lightbringer Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    3,527
    People are so divided here, can only hope they make at least 1 server for Cata, its such a dream for me to reexperience this. T11 is the best tier ever
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

  4. #144
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    People are so divided here, can only hope they make at least 1 server for Cata, its such a dream for me to reexperience this. T11 is the best tier ever
    Okay first someone in the thread said t11 was a top 3 raid tier, now you say it is the best? Bruh what?

    Here's my original response to the other person and I'm just going to share it again.

    Forgive me but WHAT

    Bro that raid tier was mid-tier at best. I was there the whole way. I quit a bit into Firelands because Firelands was a joke. Tier 11 wasn't top 3 by a longshot. Top 3 is Ulduar, t4, t6, t2, ToT, hell I'd say SoO was better. Half of Legion was better too.

    Seriously, what?!
    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    Hopefully it dies after 2 weeks as expected even if it gets released, so blizzard can finally put more resources on developing some new retail content.

    The fact is, classic/bc/wotlk (Specially wotlk) have been always very popular versions of the game in private servers, and they get pretty much all the atenttion in the community who doesn't like retail.

    However, never ever I've seen a Cata server that has lasted with a healthy pop more than a few weeks, it's been all over a dead expansion, and it gathers 0 interest from the most part.

    MoP? It could be interesting for PVP players as 5.4 was one of the most popular pvp patches that ever existed, but aside that I see no other reason to play it because it is literally the same game as retail, just with a different spell toolkit.
    Totally agree with you. I think if they did some tweaking/major changes for expansions like Cata, WoD, and later on BfA, and Gods-save-the-Lich-King, SL... it could go better.

    But we all know Blizzard wouldn't dare do the right thing, no, that would cost them their precious millions and billions!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  5. #145
    How to spot someone who never raided durring tier 11.

    1. its a subjective opinion anyones is as much worth as yours
    2. Tier 11 had from a objectiev view, variety, mass and difficulty.

    But saying tier 2 was better is really weird, that sounds just like the people who say pokemon blue is the best version, not because it is good, but because they refuse to take off the nostalgia goggles.

    But holy dam imagine flaming tier 11 but not timegate party ICC, copy paste naxx.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The original reason most ever asked for "classic/Vanilla" realms, was because we lost the old zones and, at least in the case of early Wrath and prior, less LFD/LFR implementation/ no LFR.

    Unless they do something substantial, I really personally don't see the reason for Cata Classic, though I guess ultimately it can be a way for people to live/relive Cataclysm, if they so please, but let's be real, Cata was the start of the overall downfall.

    I can't help but say I'd love a second chance to play MoP during the expansion, as there was a lot of fun during it, but I missed most of it.

    How are you all hoping Blizzard treats Cata "in a classic way"?
    As others have said, this is incredibly rich.

    So you basically boil down the entire purpose of classic to be the old world, lets not lie Deltrus, its not, its that people preferred the entire game package not just the old world.

    You say that Cata was the start of the downfall - how so?

    Yet you literally straight after, say you want MoP, which also had other atrocious features that were HATED at launch and throughout. You know, maybe like those shitty legendary cloaks that are time gated and mandatory for any raid content, that even with catch up mechanics take weeks to aquire PER character and persuade you to go into content like LFR to get it done in the minimum time.

    Honestly, you need to realise the fact of the matter. We can all agree the true classic ends at Wotlk. If you want MoP, I want Cata too, and theres a LOT of other people who think that. I dont understand how this echo chamber is even created. Like if all these people dont want to do Classic, then dont do it? They literally make progressing to the next expansion optional. Go play the same content on repeat for the rest of time if thats what you guys want. But as tons of others have said below, I disagree with your opinions, lots of others do, and yes I do want Cata.

    I hate the way all the classic players who dont want Cata talk about how it goes against the purpose of classic and/or that nobody wants it. Go find a press release where Blizzard talk about what the purpose of classic is, because it was literally never to be no changes, they literally said that, and it was never to just stand still frozen in time.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Nostalgia?



    I had to go Google it, yep that sounds about right. People want it the way it was ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. And you know the thing with nostalgia is that because they like it the way it was it becomes a matter of opinion of whether or not it (the changes) is "better".
    The craziest thing about this thread is that it's the first time someone's heard the word nostalgia.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

    The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

  8. #148
    There is no reason to not go through the expansions. People who wanna play it will play it, if you dont you simply dont play. Make some changes here and there to what the community wants.
    But anyone who thinks a "different timeline" with totally new expansions after wotlk. I'm sorry but its delusional. It would require a retail sized development team, plus they start making expansions like 2 expansions ahead. And how many NEW players at this point would it bring in to warrant such a massive undertaking. It would also kinda be 2 competing games under 1 subscription.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    The only reason blizzard made classic is for a cash grab. I wouldn't be surprised if blizzard goes all the way to Legion. The idea of classic+ with wotlk is obviously off the table if they are going to do Cata, though they may do a season of mastery but I personally won't be playing SoM as I want a persistent server to play on.
    Honestly I am looking forward to a Classic WOD & Classic Legion.

    Though those don't have the sane vibe as regular Classic. I'm looking forward to a new Vanilla season of mastery the most.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Of course its against. Not only it was the moment the map changed, its also when WoW started it downfall. Makes no sense to go beyond Wrath.
    your opinion. For many,m Cata was a good an enjoyable expansion. As was said eearlier, people like to play old games. Cata would be no different. You not wanting to play it does not = nobody does. You not liking htye expansion does not = WoW was in downfall. The fact that it is still profitable and still going invalidates that claim.





    That would be cool. Game went downhill in story and everything else after Wrath.
    Your opinion. What about those that enjoyed Cata and beyond. You basically want it catered to you and nobody else.

  11. #151
    Legendary! Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    6,106
    I played classic Vanilla because I had (almost) completely forgot the old world and never got a chance to play it to its full extent.

    I kinda understood classic TBC for a similar reason, people missed out on the raids and questlines that got removed. Did not play it, because I can go to Outland on retail, so no point for me.

    I can barely understand classic WotLK because it's the last chance to see the old world before it gets shelved forever again, but the rest of WotLK is still available in retail today. I did the DK intro for the mount and I cannot believe how jarring the experience is coming from retail, WotLK really is an old game and it shows.

    I believe I will completely lose sight of classic's point if Cata gets released. It is literally all there in retail, down to the legendary quest. What even would be the appeal? To re-live through unfinished content? To trudge through overly difficult dungeons? To kill Cho'gall in 5 minutes instead of oneshotting him?

    It goes without saying that everyone can enjoy the game the way they want, but speaking for myself, I really do not see any reason to play Cata classic over retail. It would have the same appeal to me as flushing a toilet for hours on end. I would just rather level up yet another alt on retail through Cata zones, because at least I know that alt will stick around in the main WoW version, instead of the version that was already called "museum" multiple times.

  12. #152
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    The craziest thing about this thread is that it's the first time someone's heard the word nostalgia.
    Heard the word nostalgia? No, looked up the definition of the word nostalgia to reaffirm the understanding of the word because most people THINK they know what something means but they don't? Yes.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

  13. #153
    Mechagnome Nak88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Huelva (Spain)
    Posts
    560
    So does Wrath and everything is fine. Cataclysm Classic will be just fine with minor tweaks (removal of LFR, buffed HC dungeons, faster content pace)

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    oh lord.. another one of YOU.
    Likewise.
    For the millionth time... Wow is an MMO before RPG. If you want immersion, go play an elder scrolls, dark souls, or final fantasy game.

    Wow has long left RPG roots behind. ITs an mmo designed around the end game, which most players love, casual or not. Get over it.
    Do you understand the concept of "Classic" to begin with ?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by casecase89 View Post
    As far as tone, thematic, and design, the cata leveling experience does all 3 much better. The zones in general kinda made sense and felt more alive than classic zones.
    That's your opinion, not facts. I happen to have the exact opposite take. Cata is more "in your face" but not "better".
    So isn't everything like... frozen when things aren't dynamic as well..? Maybe I am misunderstanding, but not much, if anything, changed in classic zones from start to finish.
    Yes, but the feeling given is not the same. Something that wants to be dynamic and is frozen, is much more jarring than the more already pretty static location-based design (not to talk about how they turned up to eleven the pop culture references, which went from "wink-wink" to being the entire storyline in some cases).
    Some zones were nice and I guess... charming... but maybe idk what you mean by charm. However, god forbid they give a story and a plot for every zone. We here prefer places to where things just happen. What zones could be a "real" place..? With trogs, gnolls, trolls, giant spiders, etc..? Because there is a giant vortex in westfall doesn't make it any less of a "real" place than having monsters there does.
    There was already plot and storyline, but they were part of the location rather than the other way around.
    Scaling was released in 2018, so what is your point?
    Nothing related to Cata, just answering something the person I was answering was saying. Is this some strange concept you have trouble grasping ?
    How does it remove any point to leveling..?
    If you don't get how automatically changing the level of everything in the world to equal your level, removes the whole point of leveling, I'm afraid I can't help you there.
    Last edited by Akka; 2022-09-26 at 07:41 AM.

  15. #155
    Immortal Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    7,013
    I think that any expansion has a chance when it comes to going Classic, if only for the chance to play through its raid content.

    Because at the core of it, most people have their favorite expansion where they love the overall content, but what has proberly kept most people around have either been the mere ability to play WoW(just for something to do with other people) or for its raid content. Raiding for the most part have always been on point, with only a few bad tiers in the mix overall.

    So even you don't like the idea of Classic Cata, will you really say no to the chance to just play some Firelands, BWD and the good parts of Dragon Soul? The leveling will be easy, there is little to explore since you played through it all already and you can really focus your player experience on what you want to play.

    In that idea, i am even looking forward to maybe-coming WoD Classic, just to fight some BRF again
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

    Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

  16. #156
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    MoP has near-universal acclaim regarding its class design.
    It doesn't really, though. And almost everything complained about in Legion, BFA and SL traces back to design changes made in MoP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    It's important to keep in mind that simply because he's at the helm of one department, doesn't mean he can run it without any interference.

    And the rather big decisions were most likely done with the tacit approval of his higher ups, such as Tom Chilton who was Game Director at the time.
    Odd then that right after he was let go they changed course on all of those items, despite Tom remaining until Legion...
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

  17. #157
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,180
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Okay first someone in the thread said t11 was a top 3 raid tier, now you say it is the best? Bruh what?
    Of course you would only quote those who agree with you and balk at people with different opinions. Trying to construe subjectivity is plain wrong, and you willfully engage in it.

    Here's my original response to the other person and I'm just going to share it again.

    No need to keep re-sharing it as nobody is taking it seriously as point to be proven: it's an opinion. Not one that is universally shared. You've already contradicted yourself with your statements made as points of contention. Why continue being disingenuous?

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Odd then that right after he was let go they changed course on all of those items, despite Tom remaining until Legion...
    Doesn't change the fact that even a Lead Designer can just do whatever they want without the approval of their superiors.

    You completely outrule the possibility that during MoP, they (including Ghostcrawler) realized the issues they've created.

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Do you know what the beauty of it is? If they do release cataclysm, you don't have to play. You can stop with wrath and move on. The people that want to play it will. It might not make sense to you. You might not like it, but im sure others will. Ive never seen people so invested in what other people enjoy / dont enjoy. Its absolutely boggles my mind.
    I sure wont play. I am not playing now anyways. Just saying its pointless to go foward in the expansions that started the downfall of WoW. No need to get offended, its just my point of view. If you enjoy that, good for you. Lots didn't and thats why its when WoW started to bleed players.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    your opinion. For many,m Cata was a good an enjoyable expansion. As was said eearlier, people like to play old games. Cata would be no different. You not wanting to play it does not = nobody does. You not liking htye expansion does not = WoW was in downfall. The fact that it is still profitable and still going invalidates that claim.





    Your opinion. What about those that enjoyed Cata and beyond. You basically want it catered to you and nobody else.
    Just stating the facts, WoW started to bleed subs from Cata on. Nice that you liked but the truth is the game started to decline past Wrath. Getting angry at the facts wont change it.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Just stating the facts, WoW started to bleed subs from Cata on. Nice that you liked but the truth is the game started to decline past Wrath. Getting angry at the facts wont change it.
    No you aren't stating the facts. You are stating opinion and are trying to use sub numbers to turn your opinion into fact. You think it started to decline. A lot of people disagree with you. Also, people leave the game for 1000's of reasons. You trying to state your opinion as fact does not change that. Sub numbers going down does not = the game went into decline.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •