Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    No you aren't stating the facts. You are stating opinion and are trying to use sub numbers to turn your opinion into fact. You think it started to decline. A lot of people disagree with you. Also, people leave the game for 1000's of reasons. You trying to state your opinion as fact does not change that. Sub numbers going down does not = the game went into decline.
    Yes, the numbers are a fact that WoW started to lose players in cataclysm. You should check whats a fact and whats an opinion. When an expansion isnt fun people quit, simple as that. Cata was the first of the bad ones. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Cata classic would also be most awkward to make... what dungeons do you release?

The fairly tightly tuned ones on launch or the ones with gutted abilities and a 30-50% nerf?

What for the love of god do you do with transmog? Once it's in do you still seperate items earned in classic as an alternative time line or do you make it cross over to retail?

There are far more questions that need to be answered for cata then classic through wotlk just with how weird an expansion it was.
    Last edited by Celement; 2022-10-03 at 02:57 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arucado3 View Post
    Hopefully it dies after 2 weeks as expected even if it gets released, so blizzard can finally put more resources on developing some new retail content.

The fact is, classic/bc/wotlk (Specially wotlk) have been always very popular versions of the game in private servers, and they get pretty much all the atenttion in the community who doesn't like retail.

However, never ever I've seen a Cata server that has lasted with a healthy pop more than a few weeks, it's been all over a dead expansion, and it gathers 0 interest from the most part.

MoP? It could be interesting for PVP players as 5.4 was one of the most popular pvp patches that ever existed, but aside that I see no other reason to play it because it is literally the same game as retail, just with a different spell toolkit.
    I mean TBC private servers don't do well compared to vanilla or wrath private servers but TBC Classic did really well. An official Cata classic release should do just fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Cata classic would also be most awkward to make... what dungeons to you release?

The fairly tightly tuned ones on launch or the ones with gutted abilities and a 30-50% nerf?

What for the love of god do you do with transmog? Once it's in do you still seperate items earned in classic as an alternative time line or do you make it cross over to retail?

There are far more questions that need to be answered for cata then classic through wotlk just with how weird an expansion it was.
    You're overthinking the transmog thing a lot.

You also release the harder dungeons. Obviously. That's why for most content in Classic right now Blizzard is releasing it pre-nerf or in the case of Naxx even making it harder than it was. The Classic audience is not the same as the retail audience. In retail Vanilla/BC/Wrath/Cata most people didn't raid, in Classic most people do in fact raid. You can't throw a rock in a major city without hitting someone with a pair of glaives.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Nefastus View Post
    Yes, the numbers are a fact that WoW started to lose players in cataclysm. You should check whats a fact and whats an opinion. When an expansion isnt fun people quit, simple as that. Cata was the first of the bad ones. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    People leave for a 1,000 different reasons. That does not mean they all left because Cata was bad. That is a completely disingenuous use of sub numbers. That is no different than the nonsense around her of "x and x only caused subhs to drop". I mean, people do leave even when they thiknk it is a good expansion for reasons completely outside the game. Dropping sub numbers does not = expansion is bad. It is not black and white like that. Sorry to burst your bubblle.

However it held more people then Tbc or classic ever had. So Cata >>>> Tbc and classic if you only look at sun numbers.

Tbc and classic are probably not even in the top 5 if we only go by sub numbers = they are bad

We could also now mention how League of legends , csgo and other game titans came out durring cata while woltk had no competition at all. But you wanted to look at hard sub numbers , so we do

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I wonder at what point do they just combine it with retail. not combine but make stuff account wide, like titles and mounts previously removed from the game that people got again in Classic, TBC and Wrath are now available to retail characters

Only thing that can kill WoW is WoW itself
    Truer words were never spoken...

Deathwing destroyed the old world not remade it.

It's not classic no matter how good it was or wasn't.

New content or new season for classic.

Even wotlk feels too casual.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Okay first someone in the thread said t11 was a top 3 raid tier, now you say it is the best? Bruh what?

Here's my original response to the other person and I'm just going to share it again.
    Are you drunk?
    Tier 11 was awesome, it was bad for hardcore progression bc they didnt knew where to start back then.
    And bro.. Firelands.. one of the best raids to ever exist declared as a "joke"?

Im sure you never raided in any of both tiers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    TBH TBC/WotLK already go against the original reason.

I don't care what the original reason was, I think Cata is a better expansion than TBC/Wrath and honestly MoP blows all three out of the water. I'd love to re-experience them.

I had a LOT of fun in Cata, though I would prefer they stay on WotLK with classic.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    People leave for a 1,000 different reasons. That does not mean they all left because Cata was bad. That is a completely disingenuous use of sub numbers. That is no different than the nonsense around her of "x and x only caused subhs to drop". I mean, people do leave even when they thiknk it is a good expansion for reasons completely outside the game. Dropping sub numbers does not = expansion is bad. It is not black and white like that. Sorry to burst your bubblle.
    Lots of copium. All expansions prior to it increased the playerbase. Cata lost players. Major reason to leave a game is when its not fun. But whatever, keep telling yourself what you want to belive. The numbers dont lie. Cata was a disaster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    However it held more people then Tbc or classic ever had. So Cata >>>> Tbc and classic if you only look at sun numbers.

Tbc and classic are probably not even in the top 5 if we only go by sub numbers = they are bad

We could also now mention how League of legends , csgo and other game titans came out durring cata while woltk had no competition at all. But you wanted to look at hard sub numbers , so we do
    If you just want to troll please try somewhere else. There is no way to take what you said seriously.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

While I was not a fan of Cata I still think its 1000x's better than anything that came after MOP (most my dislike of it involves the class changes right after it dropped some of which I felt were resolved later in the expansion, IMO I think a classic Cata would be ok as long as using a later patch version).

*still would not play it, the current dev's would not release it without making it worse (it's in their nature).

I am fine with the expansions coming out if we can keep wraths class designs.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    The original reason most ever asked for "classic/Vanilla" realms, was because we lost the old zones and, at least in the case of early Wrath and prior, less LFD/LFR implementation/ no LFR.

Unless they do something substantial, I really personally don't see the reason for Cata Classic, though I guess ultimately it can be a way for people to live/relive Cataclysm, if they so please, but let's be real, Cata was the start of the overall downfall.

I can't help but say I'd love a second chance to play MoP during the expansion, as there was a lot of fun during it, but I missed most of it.

How are you all hoping Blizzard treats Cata "in a classic way"?
    Blizzard did not boot up classic because we wanted it the booted up classic to make money and keep subs. They will milk it until it no longer makes money and anyone who doesn't believe that is a damn fool. Classic was never about giving you something.

lmao at classic players wanting Mop, which was literally the worst received expansion before launch, bringing funny pandas and yak shit. Overall it hasnt brought anything.

Lots of copium. All expansions prior to it increased the playerbase. Cata lost players. Major reason to leave a game is when its not fun. But whatever, keep telling yourself what you want to belive. The numbers dont lie. Cata was a disaster.
    It isn't though, and the guy whose job in Cataclsym was to pour over the retention data has told us as much:

Developers do care if you stop playing their game and they want to know why. However, for games like WoW and LoL, the answers are almost always “I have less time to play now (job/school/family” and “My friends don’t play anymore.” (I’m basing that on having seen a lot of data - it’s not super open to debate.)

Dropping a game because of a specific design change (despite what you might read on forums / Reddit) is actually pretty rare. I know it happens, but if you’re stack ranking the reasons why people quit, those specific responses end up being so far down the list that it is hard for a development team to take actionable feedback.

The only copium here is on your part, my guy.

When you use the word "copium" that means you can't debate. As I said, and this is not in disupute, people leave for 1,000's of reasons that aren't "the game is bad". Those are facts i gave no matter how you try to spin the numbers and act like people only leave for one reason. Not my problem you keep being dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

If you just want to troll please try somewhere else. There is no way to take what you said seriously.
    If you cant take the truth dont go to a public forum

WoW constantly loses players, Cata was just the turning point where WoW stopped gaining more players than it was losing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !