Does playing other games make you toxic because of League?

Hi there!

I've noticed a common trend among my friends that the more toxic ones have a history of playing League for years. This is surprising to me as they are toxic on all games including Stardew Valley, 7 Days to Die, Project Zomboid, Gloomhaven, and a few more. So for the people who've been playing league for years, does league make you toxic?

...you know games don't usually make you toxic the person is toxic around the game

also HOW IN THE EVER LIVING FUCK DO YOU GET TOXIC IN STARDEW VALLEY

MOBAs definitely condition you to play the blame/flame game. Most people who play Dota or LoL take it WAY too seriously and they forget that it's not only a game, but a team game.

The reasons for this are varied and complex; some think they're going pro (because of all the emphasis on e-sports) and can't stand the feeling of being "held back" by others. Some are just dumb incels who need outlets for their frustrations. Others have severe maturity and entitlement/control freak issues and it leaks over online, where there's little consequence for their behavior. Some are simply insecure and want to fire the shots first before they're targeted.

Ranked Public Games are a nightmare more often than not. The only way to avoid toxicity is to play with friends, but it sounds like you're hanging out with people who are part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ...you know games don't usually make you toxic the person is toxic around the game

also HOW IN THE EVER LIVING FUCK DO YOU GET TOXIC IN STARDEW VALLEY
    TLDR: Friend micromanages everything from optimizing gifts given to NPCs to having a planned out weekly schedule in order to complete the game 100%. He becomes a bit snobby when I ask for what to do by saying go to the stardew wiki or "Do X because (insert semi-condescending comment such as use common sense). Friend is also a former league player reaching high diamond every season too and stopped playing a few years ago

- - - Updated - - -

The last part was very relatable, I'm playing with friends of friends from the league of legends university club and wondered if their behavior was normal or an outlier. Anyway thanks for replying and the advice!

Me and my friends have been playing League of Legends for three years, I can't call myself toxic in this game, I'm more or less calm, but my friends are. All the time yelling and foul language, well, I'm used to it, but others not so much. And this toxicity of friends has transferred to other games, especially Counter-Strike. Even when a friend plays worse than his ally, he will still say that we lost because of allies. He had a low elo in the game, but thanks to these guys: https://boostingworld.gg/faceit-boosting he was able to raise it. And now he's bragging to everyone and blaming his allies. That's how toxicity goes from one game to the next.
    Last edited by Frank526; 2022-11-25 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 55phral View Post
    Hi there!

I've noticed a common trend among my friends that the more toxic ones have a history of playing League for years. This is surprising to me as they are toxic on all games including Stardew Valley, 7 Days to Die, Project Zomboid, Gloomhaven, and a few more. So for the people who've been playing league for years, does league make you toxic?
    YES.

League definitely brings out the worst in people. Sure, sure some people are more likely to be toxic than others, but the game DOES make people mad. I myself quit League years ago for exactly that reason, it actively made me angry, not happy.

I've never experienced rage like I have playing League of Legends. I'm normally a super calm person but man that game made me SCREAM.

Fuck that game.
    Last edited by enigma77; 2022-11-22 at 07:31 PM.