Angry Retail-like launch of WotLK with absolutely 0 content on release will kill Classic

In a game without any challenge to begin with, with everyone now in full Sunwell gear, what do they expect people to do for the first 2 weeks? Dailies? There's zero incentive for people to reach 80 when there's zero content available on launch. What kind of a halfwit is in charge of the game development?

I understand you need to cater to the casuals but I feel like the game is at the brink of annihilation in terms of player base, much like we saw the true death of retail after WotLK. Another game down the drain with everything fun removed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just take it slow and chill. You think people play 4+ hours every day in classic?
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouca View Post
    In a game without any challenge to begin with, with everyone now in full Sunwell gear, what do they expect people to do for the first 2 weeks? Dailies? There's zero incentive for people to reach 80 when there's zero content available on launch. What kind of a halfwit is in charge of the game development?

I understand you need to cater to the casuals but I feel like the game is at the brink of annihilation in terms of player base, much like we saw the true death of retail after WotLK. Another game down the drain with everything fun removed.
    Look at this boy thinking retail died after WOTLK. pretty sure WoW had 9+ million active players during whole of Cataclysm. Much dead indeed boy. Shall i throw in some Kappa's since you apperently lost yours.

You know there is plenty things to do on release that isn't considered raiding.

In the end of the day Classic is just for those to re-experience oldskool gaming, the whole maingoal of Blizzard and most players remain at retail. Like it obvious should lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Shut up.

#NoChanges

Wait, I think I missed some announcement. Are they launching without quests? Without dungeons? Without raids?

Oh come on, shut the fuck up already

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Wait, I think I missed some announcement. Are they launching without quests? Without dungeons? Without raids?
    Yes, without raids.

7+ Year Old Account

Wrath was an expansion built heavily around daily quests for reputations and the grind for rares/heroic dungeon gear. That will without a doubt be enough for the first 2 weeks, im quite sure of that.

And i don't really see what your argument are in favor of Wrath being the death of Classic? The prime draw point of a Classic project, is for people to experience what it has to offer, not just to play the raids it has again, and cata has a good bunch of content, especially in Icecrown and Stormpeak. Proberly even more content than TBC had and TBC did not kill Classic.

So yeah, what are you trying to say here? That we are too impatient to wait 2 weeks for raids?
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Some of us have jobs that require us to work and not "work" and play WOW all day. It will take me at least a week to get to max level and another week to get in pre-raid BIS. I am extremely happy they delayed the Raid a few weeks to allow the rest of us that have to work all day then spend time with our families at night to get ready to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Some of us have jobs that require us to work and not "work" and play WOW all day. It will take me at least a week to get to max level and another week to get in pre-raid BIS. I am extremely happy they delayed the Raid a few weeks to allow the rest of us that have to work all day then spend time with our families at night to get ready to raid.
    I never understood the logic here. How does releasing raids on release prevent you from playing at your own pace?

You want to play the game or be with your family?
    Make a fuckin choice idiot

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    "WoW is Dying/Dead" and "X Will Kill WoW" type threads don't tend to produce much in the way of constructive discussion or debate. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead