Poll: Would you like TCG mounts to be sold in Battlenet shop?

Thread: TCG Mounts

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

TCG Mounts

Hello everyone. I was looking for TCG mounts such as Spectral Tiger or Magic Roosters but people who owns them mostly sells those at 60-90m price range. People who actually bought card game of it , yeah they deserve such a price but in 2015 as I recall, there were tons of it in AH(Was a hack or glitch don't recall the details) and Blizzard didn't erased those tcg mounts / pets. It was like 20x tokens back in those days. Now 200-300x tokens. Well it's 2022 and why not sell TCG stuff in the game shop of Battle.net? It's not something like earned from being Glad or being Famed Slayer of XX, or hitting the gong of Ahn'qiraj in 2007. I have gold and I have nothing left to buy. I'm sure most of you feel the same. What to do with the gold? Snipe realms to buy TCG mount you desire or give a possible scammer 6x-9x times a gold cap? Real money / gold whatever it costs it should be in the game shop of Blizzard. What do you think?
    Last edited by MrFrag; 2022-05-24 at 02:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am indifferent to it, but if they were to sell them in the store I would not consider paying cash for the older ones unless they were updated a bit. Not changed, but less shitty looking.

Mounts and titles should never be made unavailable.

No, they should not be put on the cash shop. Make them available ingame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I don't really care.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

this is a bad idea.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

What do you guys think about a currency awarded per month subscribed that a player can redeem at Landro for the various TCG items?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Agreed, but when theyve already been made unavailable and become more prestigious because of shitty FOMO, it'd be an even shittier move to add them bacck without reimbursing the ones who had the original in some way.

I'd be absolutely fine with them putting recolors earnable in the game. Excited even!

Solution for existing store mounts: Make them tradeable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    What do you guys think about a currency awarded per month subscribed that a player can redeem at Landro for the various TCG items?
    Holy shit that would be cool. Even if theyre recolors so the guys who got the originals can sit on their high horses still. A Recruit A Friend style award system wouldnt be unwelcome either, new rewards every month youre subscribed....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nenavn View Post
    what do you guys think about a currency awarded per month subscribed that a player can redeem at landro for the various tcg items?
    Quote Originally Posted by amnaught View Post
    holy shit that would be cool. Even if theyre recolors so the guys who got the originals can sit on their high horses still. A recruit a friend style award system wouldnt be unwelcome either, new rewards every month youre subscribed....

wow blizzard just anotheer fucking timegate, now you are timegating our subs to force us to stay subbed to buy mounts? Woooooow
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    As someone who owns most of the mounts legitimately (got a god pack back in the day) HELL NO. That would be terrible to the people who own the mounts currently unless they were being sold at street value (thousands of dollars).

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    wow blizzard just anotheer fucking timegate, now you are timegating our subs to force us to stay subbed to buy mounts? Woooooow
    Hear me out: Treat it similarly to Vicious Saddles. There's a new reward every month, or you can get one of the older ones. Then every three or six months you get like a Super Token or something for the bigger stuff like mounts. Titles, pets, toys, mounts, weapon transmogs....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Hear me out: Treat it similarly to Vicious Saddles. There's a new reward every month, or you can get one of the older ones. Then every three or six months you get like a Super Token or something for the bigger stuff like mounts. Titles, pets, toys, mounts, weapon transmogs....
    does not change people will cry and scream about "timegating" speaking people see stuff like renown as timegating, everything is timegating these days, but people forget stuff like the passivly growing icc buff was "not timegating"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    this is a bad idea.
    How is it a bad idea? Why not make the mount collector achievements?

Put them into the game as content.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    How is it a bad idea? Why not make the mount collector achievements?
    There are plenty of mounts in game to make the mount achievements "achievable" without devaluing all of the tcg mounts by putting them in the cash shop. If you are worried about getting the mount collector achievements go on mount runs, don't look for the easy way out in buying the achievement.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Put them into the game as content.

There are plenty of recolors for the mounts that are in game as content. I'm sure you would want some great unique models as content a tiny bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    There are plenty of mounts in game to make the mount achievements "achievable" without devaluing all of the tcg mounts by putting them in the cash shop. If you are worried about getting the mount collector achievements go on mount runs, don't look for the easy way out in buying the achievement.

- - - Updated - - -

There are plenty of recolors for the mounts that are in game as content. I'm sure you would want some great unique models as content a tiny bit more.
    Devaluing them?

Dude right now anyone who has them either

1. Spent a FORTUNE on eBay for one
    2. Got a duplicated one from the Auction House
    3. Opened one in a pack and didn't immediately sell it on eBay

Neither wow nor upper deck makes any money from this anymore so any "value" with these cards are secondary market.

Also like to add the loot cards are the only things in the original wow TCG that are worth really much of anything ...

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Devaluing them?

Dude right now anyone who has them either

1. Spent a FORTUNE on eBay for one
    2. Got a duplicated one from the Auction House
    3. Opened one in a pack and didn't immediately sell it on eBay

Neither wow nor upper deck makes any money from this anymore so any "value" with these cards are secondary market.

Also like to add the loot cards are the only things in the original wow TCG that are worth really much of anything ...
    They obviously have value seeing as
    1. People buy them on Ebay for a ridiculous price
    2. People bought them off the auction house for a ridiculous price
    3. Got extremely happy when they pulled them from their original pack

Doesn't matter who is making money off of them, people are still willing to buy them and putting them in the store would severely undervalue the ones that are currently in game and were either bought via ah or pulled. If you think otherwise and you do not have any of the mounts you do not have a say in the value of them.

TCG mounts cost something gold/money. I have referred Battle.net shop because you can buy it token>battlenet balance conversion or paying real money. So it will be avaible to everybody , you can either grind gold or pay it. This way people who wishes to obtain them will have much safer way also it's prices can be optimised. I'm %100 sure , there will be huge demand. People are getting in line for paying gold cap for Zulian Tigers from Bmah which spawn 1 for each region for a day, imagine if a gold cap would be enough for Spectral Tiger/Fel Drake/Magic Rooster .You might have missed 2015 fiasco/hack/dupe whatever it was, but I think it's time to make them avaible for all wow community for a price/rule/restriction.

A quick note: Price of a Magic Rooster was equal to 25x wow tokens in 2015 , stockers ask for 200x wow tokens atm. Fair? Not to me.
    İf Blizzard would have terminated all those dupes,hacked versions of those TCG mounts/Pets, which would be fair and just, today people would demand those TCG mounts avaible to everybody for a price from Battle.net shop. Maybe it would come much sooner to the shop.
    Last edited by MrFrag; 2022-05-24 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    They obviously have value seeing as
    1. People buy them on Ebay for a ridiculous price
    2. People bought them off the auction house for a ridiculous price
    3. Got extremely happy when they pulled them from their original pack

Doesn't matter who is making money off of them, people are still willing to buy them and putting them in the store would severely undervalue the ones that are currently in game and were either bought via ah or pulled. If you think otherwise and you do not have any of the mounts you do not have a say in the value of them.
    Doubt it....I mean look at MTG prices comparing an Alpha Shivan Dragon to a current core set one...there's a $900 difference and that card is still crap...alter colors so people with og one's still feel special done deal

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    A quick note: Price of a Magic Rooster was equal to 25x wow tokens in 2015 , stockers ask for 200x wow tokens atm. Fair? Not to me.
    Why does everything have to be fair? Is it really worth devaluing everyone who got the mounts just so you can be happy? If they go into the cash shop they would just be another cash shop mount that literally everyone hates on. And if they put them for more than 25 bucks for old mount models everyone would riot. Why don't you want new mounts? Its because of the value the tcg mounts have currently isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    Doubt it....I mean look at MTG prices comparing an Alpha Shivan Dragon to a current core set one...there's a $900 difference and that card is still crap...alter colors so people with og one's still feel special done deal
    Yea I had already said recolors were ok... But putting original tcg mounts anywhere would severely devalue them

But something better would just be completely new models that are great (that aren't tcg mounts) and don't have countable polygons.
    Last edited by Phob; 2022-05-24 at 05:49 AM.

Nah, if they made the spectral tiger achievable in game it would need to be an extremely prestigious reward to make up for the ludicrous difficulty of obtaining one previously. Otherwise it devalues it drastically.

I’m talking about it being the reward for getting rank 1 glad, rank 1 M+ and hall of fame in the same patch.

Even then I don’t really think it’s a good idea; if these mounts become readily available, the mount starts losing what’s special about it.

I don’t think it should be on the shop.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2022-05-24 at 06:10 AM.