View Poll Results: Should BoP Items change to BoA/BtS ?

Voters
131. This poll is closed
  • Hell yeah

43 32.82%
  • Fuck no

61 46.56%
  • Maybe if they didn't screw it up

27 20.61%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinfelle View Post
    Yea imma call bullshit on that.

I love my guildies and they are great cutting edge raiders and top tier M+, but that shit aint happening. You absolutely arent timing it, if it's tyrant a lot of shit will just flat out kill you regardless if you did everything perfectly, and on fort you'd be going at a snails pace because you can't aoe blast for shit. While you MAY scratch and claw your way to completion, that's hours of work for failed key.

Don't lie and boast on the internet to make yourself seem cooler folks, doesn't work
    I mean no?

There are bad weeks to do it but mythic plus isn't that hard. I would like the characters but they are at roughly 290 now for sale runs. A few have half a dozen untimed runs split between fort and tyrant if that helps convince you?

When you say CE... what time frame of CE?

Quote Originally Posted by Tentim View Post
    I mean no?

There are bad weeks to do it but mythic plus isn't that hard. I would like the characters but they are at roughly 290 now for sale runs. A few have half a dozen untimed runs split between fort and tyrant if that helps convince you?

When you say CE... what time frame of CE?
    Are 4/5 members in M0 gear is what I'm getting at? I assume one has to have high ilvl just to provide the initial key before the others get them from vault. Sure you could carry one or two, but the whole damn group? fuck that noise.

and usually CE within 3 months of release. Not hall of fame level, but not too far off.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Honestly this ties in with the silent "What are our accounts' characters to eachother?" question that most refuse to entertain.

Are they secret buddies? Alter egos? Then this makes sense.
    Are they nothing to eachother? Then current account-wide stuff doesn't make either.
    So it's something between those extremes, my personal headcanon is that they are sort of like goof pen pals or something of the like; they can never share adventures and are each very different, but politics cannot intrude upon their friendship, and they happily share what they don't need between one another.
    My accounts' characters all attended the St. Gertude school for gifted children from grades 1-8. Penny was gifted at drawing people's face. She drew a wonderful likeness of Mrs. Vleck in 2nd grade that hung on the refrigerator for 2 years before going in a scrapbook. The scrapbook was lost when fluffy the dog chewed it up when Penny was in 5th grade. A terrible loss. The family wept. Simon could play the trombone. Felix was a layabout. Patricia was full of laughter and love. The school created a new saying just in her honor. "Live, Laugh, Love." You mah have heard of it. Tommy just played video games all day, especially WoW. We tried to help him go outside and play but he needed to "farm felwood slimes for a disgusting oozling", whatever that means. He was strange. Joy loved apples and pears.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Are 4/5 members in M0 gear is what I'm getting at? I assume one has to have high ilvl just to provide the initial key before the others get them from vault. Sure you could carry one or two, but the whole damn group? fuck that noise.

and usually CE within 3 months of release. Not hall of fame level, but not too far off.
    Its roughly the case I'm sure a couple where 270-280. The only issues that really took up a lot of time where the blood sheild dreadlords.

Granted we stopped 2 pulsing around 15 and comp was favorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I for one would prefer for my time to be respected. If I obtain priest loot on one character I would like to be to actually use it and not have to grind for it twice.
    my time to be respected ? like chill man
    you sound entitled and full of yourself lul

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    And people raiding on a class that they enjoy raiding on to gear up their other classes that they don't enjoy raiding on is bad... how? GW2 let's you do it. I don't see a problem here.

This is a videogame you're supposed to be playing for entertainment. It shouldn't be a second job.
    You are really not getting it
    typical altoholic who only view things from his/her point of view
    ppl would do +15 on as much characters as they can to gear their main to be competitive because everyone will be doing it, and don't tell me no they shouldn't or ppl shouldn't feel forced, most people who do meaningful content will try to maximize their ways to get gear, thats the way things are and no amount of not agreeing that comes from you will change anything

maybe try to use your little brain next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I Need this on my Paladin its his BIS"

Yeah... No.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    What's the use case here?
    Like, if you are a warrior tank, you're not getting cloth chestpiece drops or Int trinkets to trade.
    You get gear relevant to your class/spec.

What it sounds like is, if you main a Druid and get leather drops, you want to send them to your DH that wasn't there for the kill.
    This extends to raid, M+, and PVP; the toon that got the kill gets the loot.
    If you want loot on a different character beyond the catchup BOE/BOA gear, play that toon in that content.
    Seems like a reasonable request.

Its roughly the case I'm sure a couple where 270-280. The only issues that really took up a lot of time where the blood sheild dreadlords.

Remind again what ilvl m0 drops. It certainly aint 270 and def not 280...
    Come back with a full group of 250 and i'll be mildly impressed.

Well imma just say I forgot M0 ilvl has been bumped up each patch, so I was looking at this from a SL launch M0 ilvl standpoint lol.

Only play two toons so haven't been in a M0 in awhile

Well imma just say I forgot M0 ilvl has been bumped up each patch, so I was looking at this from a SL launch M0 ilvl standpoint lol.

Only play two toons so haven't been in a M0 in awhile
    Nah it's fair I only do one a toon. I think its 265 now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    My accounts' characters all attended the St. Gertude school for gifted children from grades 1-8. Penny was gifted at drawing people's face. She drew a wonderful likeness of Mrs. Vleck in 2nd grade that hung on the refrigerator for 2 years before going in a scrapbook. The scrapbook was lost when fluffy the dog chewed it up when Penny was in 5th grade. A terrible loss. The family wept. Simon could play the trombone. Felix was a layabout. Patricia was full of laughter and love. The school created a new saying just in her honor. "Live, Laugh, Love." You mah have heard of it. Tommy just played video games all day, especially WoW. We tried to help him go outside and play but he needed to "farm felwood slimes for a disgusting oozling", whatever that means. He was strange. Joy loved apples and pears.
    Interesting.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    I would prefer not obtaining priest loot on my warrior at all.

I'm curious where each person draws their line though. Like obviously nobody thinks you should be able to swap races on the fly, or classes, but like, with shared progress like that, do you think character levels should be account bound? It just waters the game down in my opinion. Like I'd be perfectly happy permanently locked into a single specialization, so long as i could queue as a mostly viable damage dealer in all specs. Mounts, toys, and transmog being account wide is weird enough imho.

Why have other characters at all of you dont want to progress as them?
    I think you should be able to swap quite comfortably. You can do it by paying a few bucks, then there is literally no difference for you if you can do it for free

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you... you know that is coming back in dragonflight right?
    I did not. I've been avoiding almost everything to do with Dragonflight as to not get a ton of spoilers on new things and "updated features". Need vs Greed rolls were the worst thing ever in dungeons and will now resurrect the Ninja looting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Yeah, sharing rep is perhaps one bridge too far, but a nice boost to rep from completing it on one character would not be out of place.
    And i'm not talking about measly amounts here; a second character should imo get a times five or times ten rep gain boost.

"Shit, this guy's almost exactly like that guy we exalt!"
    I mean, if nothing else, everyone loved Pandaria and the Tillers had a 100% rep token for alts once you were exalted on one character. If we can't have rep tabards, maybe we can get tokens instead.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You have some fair points but I also think you're ignoring that gear is far from the only time sink.
    Early on in the game, you could not really switch covenants, locking you into either be pvp, raid, or m+.., you had to grind out venari rep that maxed out the eye, you had several rep grinds, some needed to make cauldrons for raid, so couldn't ignore them, you have farming anima, you had farm renown levels, (none of this buy lvl 60 for alts thing), if you wanted some gold to afford anything, you'd had to get 2 professions, leveling them up, often on 2 chars to get good profit on end consumer.
    You had daily quests inside your covenants once you unlocked the tier thingy, which also had to farm anima to build, farm anima to use it, and I haven't even touched on anima for mogs. You had to both farm torghost and doing several related quest to it unlock both. Then you gotta farm your legendary memory, usually 2-3 per class.
    Then farm torghast for currency.
    You needed to either be insane and have 6 professions or just farm gold to buy base legendary, which early on was 80-200k (realm depending). And i'm 100% sure i've forgot more than one similar thing as described above...

And after having done all that? I'm still only in guest gear, greens and blues. Or bit higher if did dungeons instead.
    So now you need to start farming normals, so you can farm heroic, so you get enough gear to run a m0 world tour, hopefully luck out and get a couple drops.
    And now you are at the very lowest level of mythic dungeon with shit gear...
    Having been forced to endure all of that on one character is pretty much enough already.... So if they would enable me sending gear to chars my alts that dropped while doing highest content and speed gear him, enabling all other aspects to go much more smooth and faster? Then yeh, thats good compromise.
    Or if they just tone down or outright remove a couple of those grindsteps and dont allow sending gear to alts? Then ye, also a good compromise.

With all these systems and more, and on new launch expo for dragon flight (Which comes shortly) there's no alt friendly "send currency to alt", no catchup mechanics for gear, very little welfare for gear overall. And we still have the same alt unfriendly situation. They just need to meet everyone sorta in the middle.
    Maybe add some of the "send currency" options from launch. So whatever content that alt has to do? Can be speed up in weeks but still has to develop it on his own, just with some help.

There's tons of solutions to not make it feel like having a 2nd job while not making the loud side scream "you just want everything free sent to your mailbox" crowd... Not really but if its gonna continue like tradtionally? Yeh, im totally up for that, it would allivate a lot of the problems with having alts. But an actual compromise or middleground where they look at the issue objectibely and say, heey, we see how much happier our playerbase overall have so much better metrics for last tier and all the catchup mechanics we always add anyhow, that we've decided to give you more of those features earlier so everyone can really enjoy dragon flight they see fit. or whatever, you get where im going at, right?
    I don't find many of those things very fun too. A big part of it is there are a bunch of interlocked parts of the game and reward structures, and not all of the content is what you or a lot of people enjoy. So the BoA thing is like a workaround for a game that's too big a ship to completely redesign into a real solution. A real solution that would preserve the idealized MMORPG integrity would mean all of these parts of the game have depth enough that you look forward to playing them again on another character.

But I do wonder why so many of these examples you describe as a chore... Why make an alt if you don't like 1) doing toghast with it, 2) doing M0 on it.. (its basically the same as M20, except you and the mobs all have worse stats). Who cares what your gear is?

It's probably not that mysterious... you just want to do the current content because you haven't done it 100 times already like the stuff you mentioned. But do you necessarily want to go all in on doing the same, newest content only, back to back to back on all your characters? That would get tiresome real fast and you'd be bored of your main faster.

I feel like we always come back to "make more cool content cause I'm bored of this content", and there is no gimmick around it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    I did not. I've been avoiding almost everything to do with Dragonflight as to not get a ton of spoilers on new things and "updated features". Need vs Greed rolls were the worst thing ever in dungeons and will now resurrect the Ninja looting.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, if nothing else, everyone loved Pandaria and the Tillers had a 100% rep token for alts once you were exalted on one character. If we can't have rep tabards, maybe we can get tokens instead.
    They are only returning the loot options to organized groups, so premades, not random groups in dungeons or lfr or group finder.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    absolutely in old content. would be so good to actually go through old raids/world bosses and send stuff to alts. the only possible downside is that it might be tricky with timewalking raids & dungeons

But you should never optain priest gear on your warrior in the first place.

They are only returning the loot options to organized groups, so premades, not random groups in dungeons or lfr or group finder.
    Doesn't make much sense since premades would already have the option of trading with one another. Why add back in a system like this unless your friend refuses to trade with you and give you the option to take it for yourself? Seems less like a feature and more like a toxic temptation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    Doesn't make much sense since premades would already have the option of trading with one another. Why add back in a system like this unless your friend refuses to trade with you and give you the option to take it for yourself? Seems less like a feature and more like a toxic temptation.
    Cause you can't trade unless the item is not an upgrade to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Cause you can't trade unless the item is not an upgrade to you.
    Seems easier to simply remove that restriction which they themselves coded.