Page 1 of 5
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    Is it only me, or do priest get the worst treatment from wow devs?

    Honestly, i think that priest is actually in the worst position from any classes; did hear that a dev quit, but why did priest then get the worst treatment of all classes?

    All other classes get updates regularly, issues get polished, feedback gets considered and changes are underway, and Priests got: yes, we know, but class fantasy (just because all other healers got it, homogenizing, blabla. And since we got NOTHING. No feedback, nothing. ONE update, and that's it; and nothing got accnowledged, instead we are the ONLY class that got following statement:

    WE ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.
    I was so hopeful after we got the first build, but then build over build it got somehow worse, now HOLY PRIESTS HAVE MIND BLAST TALENTS THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN USE BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAVE MIND BLAST! And without mind blast, having vampiric embrace as holy is a sick joke. And if a HUNTER somehow shed a tear, there are around 10 wow devs that even holds a hankerchief for him.

    Yes, this is a Rant, and i an so fed up with the bad treatment the class i play since vanilla got, that i even cancelled my pre-order of Dragonflight.

  2. #2
    I agree with you.

    I think overall through WoW history PVP and PVE considered, Priests, esp Shadow Priests, get shit treatment, followed next by Warriors.

    Always speak with your wallet so great job cancelling that pre-order. I'm all for not pre ordering anyway. I personally am not buying DF at all, simply because it SCREAMS cash grab dog crap to me.

    Just chillen playin New World waitin for that Riot MMORPG to release, gonna be so much better then WoW.

  3. #3
    Ret pala is atrocious.

  4. #4
    Short answer: you are correct.

    Long answer: yes, and it fucks up at least 90% of the priest community. The latest blue post was a Slap to the face of all shadow priests that have been waiting for a completed spec SINCE LEGION. It has always been the same: "Sorry we ran out of time, will fix it in X.1" only for X.1 ptr to drop to get "Sorry, not this patch, wait until next expansion".

    And while other classes, most dominantly hunters got several dozens of blue posts since alpha, sometimes even multiple PER DAY, we had 3, with the third being the "all others can do it, so priest shouldn't"-post.

    We priests are all pissed, and many of us already stated they won't be playing/maining priest in DF because of the latest blue post.

  5. #5
    What bothers me the most is the 'say what you want we genuinely don't care' attitude that is only apparent with the priest devs. The latest blue posts literally said 'we know removing shadow mend will fuck over disc pvp but we're doing it anyway'. Other classes greatly expand their repertoire by incorporating spells like Thunderstorm and Shadow Dance into the class tree, meanwhile priests somehow manage to lose what little tools they had access to in SL without gaining anything of value. It's like playing Hearthstone with five less cards in your deck.

    Being unable to recognise an issue is mere incompetence but refusing to address an issue that they already acknowledge is a whole new level. And to think they have the audacity to actually tell us that they can't be bothered...

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Honestly, i think that priest is actually in the worst position from any classes; did hear that a dev quit, but why did priest then get the worst treatment of all classes?

    All other classes get updates regularly, issues get polished, feedback gets considered and changes are underway, and Priests got: yes, we know, but class fantasy (just because all other healers got it, homogenizing, blabla. And since we got NOTHING. No feedback, nothing. ONE update, and that's it; and nothing got accnowledged, instead we are the ONLY class that got following statement:

    WE ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.
    I was so hopeful after we got the first build, but then build over build it got somehow worse, now HOLY PRIESTS HAVE MIND BLAST TALENTS THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN USE BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAVE MIND BLAST! And without mind blast, having vampiric embrace as holy is a sick joke. And if a HUNTER somehow shed a tear, there are around 10 wow devs that even holds a hankerchief for him.

    Yes, this is a Rant, and i an so fed up with the bad treatment the class i play since vanilla got, that i even cancelled my pre-order of Dragonflight.
    Chill, priests are historical overperformers in just about every metric. You'll be fine.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Chill, priests are historical overperformers in just about every metric. You'll be fine.
    Sorry, but what are you talking about? I don't talk about the E-Peen; this is something blizzard will always fix when they screw up the priest community over and over again: tweak the numbers to keep them quiet.

    I talk that blizzard have communications with nearly all other classes, except for priest, every suggestion gets either implemented or reviewed, but NOT A SINGLE ONE for Priests in the latest blue post; here it is , hmmm, hmmm ok, i see, but no, we know it better than you. Every other healer gets an interrupt in the class tree, but for priest: no, we don't give this or that to you, because of class identity and diversity and blabla. If only half of healer had one, then OK; BUT WHEN EVERY SINGLE OTHER HAVE ONE AND PRIEST DON'T, THEN THIS IS BULLSH*T.

    And then as before the same sh*t happens: Priest get more and more angry, then a blue post comes up that they run out of time, will get reviewed on *.1 patch. *.1 arrives, a BAREBONE MINIMUM FIX gets implemented, by far not enough, Priests get really angry, then to shut them up, they increase the damage by far to somehow limit the damage.

    AND WE HAD THIS BULLSH*T NEARLY EVERY EXPANSION OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN. And yes, I'm pretty fed up with this shit, because the Priest devs are either total incompetent or leave blizzard while on alpha/beta.

    And instead of somehow fix the mess, priests get ignored as said before again and again and again and again...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Always speak with your wallet so great job cancelling that pre-order. I'm all for not pre ordering anyway. I personally am not buying DF at all, simply because it SCREAMS cash grab dog crap to me.
    That's something i already did when they released the blue post at the same day; at first i was somehow surprised about the priest tree and thought that they might actually not screw it up this time; they listened like they did for hunter, and then... it either got worse or they simply refuse to fix the issues. And the blue post was the last nail in the coffin.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Honestly, i think that priest is actually in the worst position from any classes; did hear that a dev quit, but why did priest then get the worst treatment of all classes?

    All other classes get updates regularly, issues get polished, feedback gets considered and changes are underway, and Priests got: yes, we know, but class fantasy (just because all other healers got it, homogenizing, blabla. And since we got NOTHING. No feedback, nothing. ONE update, and that's it; and nothing got accnowledged, instead we are the ONLY class that got following statement:

    WE ARE RIGHT AND YOU ARE WRONG.
    I was so hopeful after we got the first build, but then build over build it got somehow worse, now HOLY PRIESTS HAVE MIND BLAST TALENTS THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN USE BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAVE MIND BLAST! And without mind blast, having vampiric embrace as holy is a sick joke. And if a HUNTER somehow shed a tear, there are around 10 wow devs that even holds a hankerchief for him.

    Yes, this is a Rant, and i an so fed up with the bad treatment the class i play since vanilla got, that i even cancelled my pre-order of Dragonflight.
    Yup. Agreed.

    The last communication adressed to us was basically: "Nah, you can't have the things all other healers have because all other healers have them oh and PvP."

    I am convinced the Dev making the trees has never played a Priest in anything higher then M0 content. The amount of times we die just because we have too little in terms of defensives and the amount of times that an interrupt could be great are ridiculous. No one that played the class could come up with this much garbage.

    I am pretty sure I will switch to Evoker in DF, simply because not doing that will put strain on my group that otherwise wouldn't exist. I don't want to play an Evoker, because the characters look terrible, especially the female human model we are forced to use, but Blizzard is shoving every bit of utility that a class could ever want up their asses, so not taking them is gimping yourself on purpose.

    Maybe if they later allow us to play Velf Shaman or Velf Pala I might consider going for that, but playing Priest feels like a bad idea, considering how much Blizzard seems to hate us.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    now HOLY PRIESTS HAVE MIND BLAST TALENTS THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN USE BECAUSE THEY NO LONGER HAVE MIND BLAST! And without mind blast, having vampiric embrace as holy is a sick joke.
    Which talents? I just checked the wowhead holy priest class and spec trees and I don't see anything that affects mind blast. I also still see Mind Blast as something all priests get at level 5, and I couldn't see anything in the blue posts about removing Mind Blast. Is there changelogs somewhere else that haven't been integrated on Wowhead yet?
    Last edited by Stickiler; 2022-09-28 at 01:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

  10. #10
    The Insane Raetary's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Base Camp
    Posts
    19,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Which talents? I just checked the wowhead holy priest class and spec trees and I don't see anything that affects mind blast. I also still see Mind Blast as something all priests get at level 5, and I couldn't see anything in the blue posts about removing Mind Blast. Is there changelogs somewhere else that haven't been integrated on Wowhead yet?
    Mind Blast was baseline for all 3 specs, Holy Fire was Holy talent.
    Now Holy Fire replaces Mind Blast for Holy as a baseline spell.

    Apathy, the talent that affects Mind Blast in the class tree, affects Holy Fire for Holy.


    Formerly known as Arafal

  11. #11
    Prot paladin in the same boat. Tbh, only like 3 devs actually took intetest in the class they were assigned, rest were no communication.

  12. #12
    "My class isn't getting as much attention as I want" is kinda childish and quite frankly, pathetic.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I agree with you.

    I think overall through WoW history PVP and PVE considered, Priests, esp Shadow Priests, get shit treatment, followed next by Warriors.
    Warriors always complain and complain. They are the only tank that retained an aoe taunt. The only tank that got to keep their raid CDs when the others got stripped of it. Warriors aren't ignored, they are just never happy.
    Now they get basically aoe death grip / chains sigil on every jump too.

    The warrior dev actually did a great job on the tree now too, one of the most talkative and involved of all classes.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2022-09-28 at 01:47 PM.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    I agree with you.

    I think overall through WoW history PVP and PVE considered, Priests, esp Shadow Priests, get shit treatment, followed next by Warriors.

    Always speak with your wallet so great job cancelling that pre-order. I'm all for not pre ordering anyway. I personally am not buying DF at all, simply because it SCREAMS cash grab dog crap to me.

    Just chillen playin New World waitin for that Riot MMORPG to release, gonna be so much better then WoW.
    Priests get shit on WAY more than warriors. At least warriors have time to shine. Priests are just "there". Holy only did so well in S3 because of interactions with the 4 set and legendaries. Disc has been constantly nerfed and nerfed since MoP and the learning curve made sharper and sharper, while Shadow's just been in an awkward "you're a dot class, but suck at dots" for at least two expansions.

    I want the MoP Disc priest back, where we just DPS'ed and did smart healing passively. I want shadow orbs back.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    They are the only tank that retained an aoe taunt.
    Monk statue says hi.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Chill, priests are historical overperformers in just about every metric. You'll be fine.
    BAHAHAHA
    The top 1% of Disc priests can do amazing things.
    The bottom 99% are struggling to keep up because the mastery curve for raid healing is too high. A Druid or Shaman healer can roll their face on their keyboard and do more passive healing than a disc priest does anything, especially if your pre-atonements and CDs get out of sync with the raid boss.
    "...just imagine if we got a Drust focussed shadowlands instead of the 3d printed robot power tier titan horseshit instead. What might have been eh?" -dope_danny

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    Which talents? I just checked the wowhead holy priest class and spec trees and I don't see anything that affects mind blast. I also still see Mind Blast as something all priests get at level 5, and I couldn't see anything in the blue posts about removing Mind Blast. Is there changelogs somewhere else that haven't been integrated on Wowhead yet?
    It was fixed to affect Holy Fire the exactly same way as Mind Blast, this is no longer an issue and somethin that get fixed normally. Still it still not fix the issue that Vampiric Embrace is for Holy now a total useless talent because of the removal of Mind Blast.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    BAHAHAHA
    The top 1% of Disc priests can do amazing things.
    The bottom 99% are struggling to keep up because the mastery curve for raid healing is too high. A Druid or Shaman healer can roll their face on their keyboard and do more passive healing than a disc priest does anything, especially if your pre-atonements and CDs get out of sync with the raid boss.
    Sadly blizzard balance more around these amazing 1% and give a shit about the 99% at all. But Balance is really a non-issue right now, when blizzard mechanically does give a crap about feedback. And when you give all classes EXCEPT PRIEST AN INTERRUPT, and then putting up a bullshit blue-post about that classes differate between each other, then i call it as it is: BULLSH*T!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    "My class isn't getting as much attention as I want" is kinda childish and quite frankly, pathetic.
    Lemme guess, you play Hunter?

    "My class doesn't get the same attention as most of the other classes of it's role and will be left behind." Is quite a legitimate concern.

  17. #17
    Elemental Lord callipygoustp's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    8,658
    Is it only me, or do priest get the worst treatment from wow devs?
    Its just you.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Lemme guess, you play Hunter?

    "My class doesn't get the same attention as most of the other classes of it's role and will be left behind." Is quite a legitimate concern.
    Nah I main shaman but priest is my second most played class. How is that relevant?

  19. #19
    Weird, I think shadow is one of the most improved specs going into DF. No comment on the healer specs though, I pay zero attention to them.

    As far as it concerns DF, I would argue paladin is getting treated the worst, at least of the ones I have paid any attention to.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    BAHAHAHA
    The top 1% of Disc priests can do amazing things.
    The bottom 99% are struggling to keep up because the mastery curve for raid healing is too high. A Druid or Shaman healer can roll their face on their keyboard and do more passive healing than a disc priest does anything, especially if your pre-atonements and CDs get out of sync with the raid boss.
    It's factually true, though. Priests have been a top pvp spec the entire duration of organized PvP in this game. Discipline has been one of the core healers in raiding for over a decade (with holy usually being meh but still not the worst). Discipline has typically been an excellent m+ healer, but now that it isn't, holy has been A/S tier for s3 and s4.

    Shadow has certainly had its struggles but it is easily one of the top 5 historical raiding dps specs for the last decade, probably top 3 with warlock and mage (I actually don't think there is a single other hybrid DPS spec in the game that has been consistently better than shadow in raiding). It usually has good pvp comps as well. The worst place historically has been m+, but the changes in DF seem like they will fix that.

    There's just no factual reality where priests have been an underperforming class lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •