Quote Originally Posted by BrokenRavens View Post
    This thread is hilarious.

That does not prove anything.
    Actually, it does.

Because...

Where is Wildstar now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    How is that 'very simple'? All you've done is just say 'we don't need it' without offering any sort of explanation. MMOs emulate each other, grow and improve. How can player housing harm the game in a legitimate way? How would implementing player housing deviate from your opinion that the game is 'just fine'? Please try to answer the question without some sort of incredibly ambiguous hyperbole, and instead respond with some legitimate reasoning to why player housing would make things worse. As far as I can see, if you don't like it, don't participate, and you will continue to be 'just fine'.
    Well, let's turn that6 argument around.

How would it help?

What would be better if you had a house to live in in the game? Because you got what you wanted? Irrelevant. This ain't Burger King. What in the game is actually improved because player housing would be there?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I don't like most activities in MMOs that don't increase my power level, but housing, and transmog are the only activities I can think of that I enjoy outside the "grind". Housing is one of those things that I really enjoy doing when my other "chores" are done. It keeps me logging in and gives me things that I find interesting to do.

I just hang out in my garrison most of the time.

How can player housing harm the game in a legitimate way? How would implementing player housing deviate from your opinion that the game is 'just fine'?
    Time was wasted making garrisons. I should hope that WoD was a lesson learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    ...I still visit my garrison pretty regularly. And we're well over half a decade on.
    It can be called many things, but not a waste, even if you dislike it.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-12-26 at 12:11 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    ...I still visit my garrison pretty regularly. And we're well over half a decade on. It can be called many things, but not a waste, even if you dislike it.
    Not about like or dislike. It's about paying full price for 1/3 of an expansion. If Blizz hadn't wasted so much time on bullshit we likely would have had a full expansion, and they wouldn't have come out saying afterwards that they aren't going to make anymore public announcements regarding subscription numbers.

Not about like or dislike. It's about paying full price for 1/3 of an expansion. If Blizz hadn't wasted so much time on bullshit we likely would have had a full expansion, and they wouldn't have come out saying afterwards that they aren't going to make anymore public announcements regarding subscription numbers.
    Sorry but i've seen this drivel about expansion numbers after Cata, BfA, SL and indeed WoD too. It means quite little.

That said i do agree with you about them delivering too little and reneging on promises. Though that still does not make garrisons a waste, rather that the rest with which it came was inadequate.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

As long as there is a competitive housing market. Maybe they can name it Player Housing+ and then anyone that wants normal housing gets to live in a wet paper box.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I mean, this is half of FFXIV's monetization so yeah. There's definitely a potential financial drive for a feature like this. I'd hope they wouldn't go that route but in this capitalist hellscape we call God's year two-thousand-and-twenty-two I don't see it playing out any other way.
    oh leave politics out of it. capitalist hellscape? as opposed to what? in a dictatorship, they would force you to play a muh crappier version of WoW at gunpoint lol.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    oh leave politics out of it. capitalist hellscape? as opposed to what? in a dictatorship, they would force you to play a muh crappier version of WoW at gunpoint lol.
    I like how your immediate thought for "something that isn't capitalism" is a dictatorship. I'm a social anarchist, the last thing I'd want is a dictatorship.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Pretty bold to assume their housing is what killed those games.
    Not the point he was making. THe point is that housing isn't automatically a game enhancer you think it is.

Player housing is one of the most persistently requested and at the same time most pointless features imaginable.

My garrison is what made wod one of my favorite expansions.

For an mmo game Wow feels very empty in the outdoor world, since most players are in instances (dungeons, raids, pvp, phased questing...).

Player housing is just more instances, further making the world dead.

Blizzard should be making the World of warcraft more relevant and fun+useful to partake in.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not the point he was making. THe point is that housing isn't automatically a game enhancer you think it is.
    I think it has its place in some games. I'm skeptical the rather massive memory usage could be justified for wow. There tolerance playing in wow but it's not big.

How is that 'very simple'? All you've done is just say 'we don't need it' without offering any sort of explanation. MMOs emulate each other, grow and improve. How can player housing harm the game in a legitimate way? How would implementing player housing deviate from your opinion that the game is 'just fine'? Please try to answer the question without some sort of incredibly ambiguous hyperbole, and instead respond with some legitimate reasoning to why player housing would make things worse. As far as I can see, if you don't like it, don't participate, and you will continue to be 'just fine'.
    I did explain? WoW been doing fine for 18years without housing(read my post)? Where is Wildstar, where is SWTOR? It's just a feature that took resources away from the more important aspects of both games.

With that logic, let's add housing in every game. From FPS to Fifa - just because housing is something a group of people romantized.

I even believe housing makes the game worse - see the multiple threads of how the game felt empty due to sharding. The nature of housing is anti social - when WoW is based on social interactions(to a level that you can't play the game).

It's the people and culture that carries the game - you can't just implement housing, only to make people disappear and clear the major cities(and expect no consequences from it).

And no - don't start explaining on how you would make housing even better. It won't work in WoW(if it did - believe me Blizzard would had it implemented).
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-26 at 09:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    I even believe housing makes the game worse - see the multiple threads of how the game felt empty due to sharding. The nature of housing is anti social - when WoW is based on social interactions(to a level that you can't play the game).

It's the people and culture that carries the game - you can't just implement housing, only to make people disappear and clear the major cities(and expect no consequences from it).
    If you can't think of a way to implement housing that would actually increase the social aspect of the game, I'm affraid that you lack imagination. Just make it so that the pieces of furnitures that you can put in your house come from multiplayer activities or crafting.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    And no - don't start explaining on how you would make housing even better. It won't work in WoW(if it did - believe me Blizzard would had it implemented).
    "It won't work because it has never been implemented" ? What kind of logic is that ? As good as you think the game is, it is not perfect, there is always room for improvement and housing is, in all the mmorpgs I played that have this feature, a beloved one, one that bring a lot of people into the game and make them stay longer. Sometimes devs don't have implemented it just because they, for now, have decided to focus other parts of the game, doesn't mean that it wouldn't make the game better. Imagine a dude saying in WoD that a infinite scaling difficulty in dungeon "would never work because it has never been implemented".
    MMO Champs :

Nine pages in, and there's not really any compelling reason as to why Blizzard should invest a shit ton of resources into something as niche as player housing, this late in the game's life.

Let's be real for one second. Two outcomes will result if they did add player housing... 1) It's just a side thing with no real incentive: this will enrage the population who calls it as such, and will scream to the heavens that it's just a waste of gold... 2) They have an incentive to do it, and people will rage that they feel compelled to do something they don't like because of said incentive. You can't really compare it to something like FF14 which has had housing from the start; adding it in now is 100% going to result in one of these two things.

Side outcome: It'll only be good for one expansion, just like garrisons, order halls and farming were. Then summarily abandoned by the next expansion.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see something along the lines of the housing done in EQ2.

Player housing is probably the most profitable evergreen content that they could add to the game and i don't think it's as hard for them do it as some people think.

We've seen them using phasing for individual players for many years and in the end that's one of the many ways to provide each individual character with it's own personal space. They can add or use some of the already existing 'spaces' that are present in most cities or even out in the world.

Once we have an empty space we need a way to place stuff around and this would probably be the thing that requires most work on their part because they'll have to add systems or adapt their own tools so that players can move objects on a 3D space within their own phase, with proper limitations and all that stuff.

This takes us to what those objects are, but in the end they have a huge library of assets and props that keeps getting bigger because they have to design and model new stuff whenever they add new content anyway, so all they have to do is add that stuff as rewards, crafts, drops, vendor items... whatever makes more sense for each object and this probably means that a lot of stuff would be spread across the whole game.

Once you have that base it's easy to keep addding to it and i think that this kind of approach would be more realistic for WoW than a housing system similar to FFXIV, Wildstar or even ESO. If i had to compare my idea to something it would probably be New World.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."