Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wrath of the Lich King Classic - Journey Trailer

Wrath of the Lich King Classic - Journey Trailer
    Blizzard released a new Wrath of the Lich King Classic trailer!

That was pretty epic. Better than anything we saw in all of SLs.

I know it was a cinematic trailer, but damn I wish WoW had those graphics.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a bop for sure.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

My GOD either give us these graphics for Warcraft 4, WoW 2 or make a CGI movie already. This was incredible.

Oh wow, they actually got Hurricane to make an official trailer. He has done so much amazing work like the Naxxramas and Black Temple ones. I like how movie-like he has made the graphics while still keeping close to WoW's in-game art style. This is how you make amazing WoW cinematics.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I know it was a cinematic trailer, but damn I wish WoW had those graphics.
    Most of it is wow's current graphics, its mostly just extra shaders they'ved tossed on tops, with a handfull having some more poly's than normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Most of it is wow's current graphics, its mostly just extra shaders they'ved tossed on tops, with a handfull having some more poly's than normal.
    Then I will rephrase. I wish WoW was made to look like that.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    Proper shaders with normal maps and roughness maps do wonders. Along with the lighting that isn't even close to what it is the game (even in retail). And effects. And animations.

7+ Year Old Account
    that was pretty damn epic
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Nice, funny that Arthas' face doesn't show in the thumbnail but does at the end of the trailer

Wish wow had those graphics.

really crazy good surprise. Looks like something that would be shown at Blizzcon.

5+ Year Old Account
    Hm, interesting. Texture is much better. Now we need those graphics in game.

I would be back in a heartbeat if Blizzard did that to the whole game. It may be unrealistic due to Blizzard's policy of keeping the graphics as computer friendly as possible but I think they should move past that. If people have the setup they should be able to experience that level. They can always have a graphics scaler for people still playing on toasters.

10+ Year Old Account

I don't know how your experience playing classic has been, but for it's just no fun with all the min maxing and retail mentality players have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    I don't know how your experience playing classic has been, but for it's just no fun with all the min maxing and retail mentality players have.
    I've had fun whoring my paladin out in GDKPs this last week or so.

made 1k in BT last night and 500 in Kara Tuesday (mount dropped). Hoping I can get into a ZA before reset and MH before Monday.

looking forward to GDKPing my way through Naxx 10/25 and eventually whoring myself out for the new "Heroic+" thing coming in Phase2.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for what its worth, the Min/Max isn't everywhere. Play what you wanna play and how you want to play. If people have issues with that, fuck em and leave the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurricane always has done good work, I loved his Black Temple video and its awesome and also funyn to see a guy who once advertised for private servers now promote blizzards games on their official site, what a journey :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Proper shaders with normal maps and roughness maps do wonders. Along with the lighting that isn't even close to what it is the game (even in retail). And effects. And animations.
    WoW with normal maps and bump maps wouldn't look like WoW. Adds too much photorealism.