Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    IKedit Hurricane makes amazing videos as always. I love that Blizzard is hiring him in an official capacity.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-09-22 at 07:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    WoW with normal maps and bump maps wouldn't look like WoW. Adds too much photorealism.
    Works in the cinematic. And I don't see why it wouldn't work. Wouldn't make it any more photorealistic, just less flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    I don't know how your experience playing classic has been, but for it's just no fun with all the min maxing and retail mentality players have.
    Min/maxing was already a thing when WotLK was the retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That was pretty epic. Better than anything we saw in all of SLs.
    Probably because it wasn't made by anyone who worked on SL lmao

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Strange how its not on his channel

I don't know how your experience playing classic has been, but for it's just no fun with all the min maxing and retail mentality players have.
    Currently leveling and haven't felt any toxicity or elitism yet. Though, i'm a tank and running dungeons has been a breeze. Only in Trade chat at times but that has been a thing since the dawn of the game and is just as bad in retail.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Strange how its not on his channel
    This was a commission from Blizzard. They've been outsourcing a bunch of their videos in the lead-up to WotLK Classic to various YouTubers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Min/maxing was already a thing when WotLK was the retail.
    This guy knows what he's talking about.

OG WOTLK back in 2008-2009 was when Elitist Jerks actually started making spreadsheets, figuring out maximum/optimal DPS for specs etc and so forth. The amount of theorycrafting that went on back in those days was insane. Literally insane. Ion Hazzikostas himself was with the group of people who calculated Yogg-0 to be mathematically impossible. Some Asian guild got world-first Yogg-0 back then because they used a completely unorthodox tactic that the EU and US guilds hadn't even fucking thought of. It was good times to be a PVE'er in WoW back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    This guy knows what he's talking about.

OG WOTLK back in 2008-2009 was when Elitist Jerks actually started making spreadsheets, figuring out maximum/optimal DPS for specs etc and so forth. The amount of theorycrafting that went on back in those days was insane. Literally insane. Ion Hazzikostas himself was with the group of people who calculated Yogg-0 to be mathematically impossible. Some Asian guild got world-first Yogg-0 back then because they used a completely unorthodox tactic that the EU and US guilds hadn't even fucking thought of. It was good times to be a PVE'er in WoW back then.
    Started??? Lol bro Ion wrote spreadsheets, forum posts and guides in VANILLA. He was showing how mp5 was broken in AQ40! This game has been minmaxed ever since it came out. It's just that back then it was the 1% doing it, now it's expected from the 99%.

Min/maxing was fine with it was the top 1% of players doing it. But these days, it's spread to the rest of the community. The community that sucks. It's painful listening to the Pally in Discord talking about how he's min-maxing his shit, yet this guy can't even figure out how to buff people, and consistently fails at it.

OT -- People sure do brag on this video maker, Hurricane, to death, but he/she is absolute horseshit. The videos are impossible to watch without causing an epileptic fit, or enjoy it, due to it's excessive use of short takes (each shot barely lasts a second or two) -- which I presume are used to cover editing fails.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    OT -- People sure do brag on this video maker, Hurricane, to death, but he/she is absolute horseshit. The videos are impossible to watch without causing an epileptic fit, or enjoy it, due to it's excessive use of short takes (each shot barely lasts a second or two) -- which I presume are used to cover editing fails.
    I mean, that kind of style works for a trailer meant to show many different aspects of WotLK. I agree some of the cuts are a bit jarring but generally speaking they aren't overly excessive and it makes sense given the underlying narrative. I've seen much worse. Hell, some of Blizzard's own cinematics aren't up to the same quality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking foward to leveling, it'll be will be fun and chaotic but can't be arsed with anything past that with the current community of people playing.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

imagine wanting to be good at the game...how dare they!!

Gotta love Hurricane, such a good production.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    I would be back in a heartbeat if Blizzard did that to the whole game. It may be unrealistic due to Blizzard's policy of keeping the graphics as computer friendly as possible but I think they should move past that. If people have the setup they should be able to experience that level. They can always have a graphics scaler for people still playing on toasters.
    Yes, and instead of the game occupying 90GB it would be 200gb.

Wow this guy knows his stuff. Hard to believe he did all of that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    Yes, and instead of the game occupying 90GB it would be 200gb.
    That's progress for you. I remember when computers didn't have storage and everything had to go on tape (real tape cassettes). Then we heard this new word... kilobyte. Then came megabyte, and gigabyte. And everybody thought we would never need more than "x"bytes of storage. Soon, if not already, gigbytes will be laughed at and eventually Terabyte and Petabyte will also be laughed at.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Aw man, so many nostalgia chills from this video. Really great work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks amazing tbh

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay......That trailer actually made me want to play Classic Wrath O.o

Well done Blizz... For once, well done.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.