Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Are they going to continue the 50% exp buff after wrath opens?

    I certainly hope so. I wouldn't mind re-rolling my old toons, but I don't know if I'd want to level at old rate

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by doclin View Post
    I certainly hope so. I wouldn't mind re-rolling my old toons, but I don't know if I'd want to level at old rate
    Nope. They have said from the beginning that it goes away with Wrath launch.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by doclin View Post
    I certainly hope so. I wouldn't mind re-rolling my old toons, but I don't know if I'd want to level at old rate
    Nope. It ends at launch. They already stated that it would end.

    I wish they would keep it 1-70 though. They havent mentioned doing so.

  4. #4
    You had enough time to level up all classes easily

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    You had enough time to level up all classes easily
    Its not for me lol. I have all of what im playing leveled. Its moreso if new players join. It doesnt hurt to keep a 50% leveling buff for old as fuck, irrelevant content.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by exsanguinate View Post
    You had enough time to level up all classes easily
    Some people have lives though.

    As for the OP, I agree, it would be nice to keep it from 1-70. But I believe Wrath introduced heirlooms, so there will eventually be an opportunity to level up a little faster.

  7. #7
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    6,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Its not for me lol. I have all of what im playing leveled. Its moreso if new players join. It doesnt hurt to keep a 50% leveling buff for old as fuck, irrelevant content.
    It does, you outrun the areas too fast.

    Alts do fine on rested. New players who join classic are probably looking forward to experience the old world too anyway.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It does, you outrun the areas too fast.

    Alts do fine on rested. New players who join classic are probably looking forward to experience the old world too anyway.
    The old world has been experienced dozens of times by any player that is going to pick it up. There arent really any "new" players that are going to join classic at this point. No one wants to slug through the old world again and again at a slow pace. Its the #1 reason heirlooms + exp reductions were added in the first place.

  9. #9
    Legendary! Ealyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Switzerland, Geneva
    Posts
    6,811
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Some people have lives though.
    Everyone "has a life", whatever that idiotic saying means to you, doesn't change the current fast leveling pace of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    nazi is not the abbreviation of national socialism....
    When googling 4 letters is asking too much fact-checking.

  10. #10
    Remember, Wrath introduced heirlooms! Once you are level 80, you can essentially buy your alts the 50% for ingame gold with the added benefit of having pretty much BIS gear for leveling.

  11. #11
    As a player on the fresh servers I do wish they would keep this in the game after launch for 1-70, as we have only had a few weeks with the buff, but I also understand why they probably won't. Heirlooms will definitely help, and leveling with the old OP heirlooms was actually super fun. But WotLK is the golden age of alts and a little extra speed getting them to max level is never a bad thing

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Remember, Wrath introduced heirlooms! Once you are level 80, you can essentially buy your alts the 50% for ingame gold with the added benefit of having pretty much BIS gear for leveling.
    i don't think you can get to 50% with what was available at launch. I think there were 2 pieces that gave 10%. The weapon came with ToC and it didn't give xp
    "Peace is a lie"

  13. #13
    heirloom gear should make leveling a joke anyways. with 50% buff they might as well just max level characters when one hits 80~

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    Nope. It ends at launch. They already stated that it would end.

    I wish they would keep it 1-70 though. They havent mentioned doing so.
    I wish they just set it up such that once you have a level 70 character, all other characters on that server receive +50% XP 1-70 and they just scrap heirlooms. Heirlooms are a neat idea, but I think something is lost by not having any reason to care about crafting items for your character or trying to get drops from dungeons.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Some people have lives though.
    Was waiting for that. You can also if you work.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Some people have lives though.

    As for the OP, I agree, it would be nice to keep it from 1-70. But I believe Wrath introduced heirlooms, so there will eventually be an opportunity to level up a little faster.
    I work 8 hours a day + 45 minutes of total travel to and from job, I also have a SO and we tend to try and watch some shows and spend time together in addition to other family and real life commitments, and despite that I have pulled 3 characters from 1 to 70 during this pre-patch. The "Some people have lives" argument just holds no water anymore, it's so easy to level up, the buff really does not need to stay for things to be going rapidly.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Everyone "has a life", whatever that idiotic saying means to you, doesn't change the current fast leveling pace of the game.
    That touched a nerve I see...

    I'm sorry guys, rationalize it however you want. But if you have multiple max level toons in WoW classic, that is STRONGLY indicative of playing way more than the average person.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    i don't think you can get to 50% with what was available at launch. I think there were 2 pieces that gave 10%. The weapon came with ToC and it didn't give xp
    You're right, it's 25% (mantle, chest and fishing ring). But I think the gear itself and mainly the good weapons, will make up for it.

  19. #19
    The magic Blizzard 8 balls says "no way scrub - buy a boo$t"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You're right, it's 25% (mantle, chest and fishing ring). But I think the gear itself and mainly the good weapons, will make up for it.
    But don’t we have to wait until phase 3 ToC for the weapon ?
    "Peace is a lie"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •