Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dragonflight Class Design Progress Update

Dragonflight Class Design Progress Update
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We feel it would be useful to let everyone know where we are in the development of Dragonflight classes and talent design. With the next Beta/PTR build, we’re transitioning away from spending the majority of our time on the design iteration of the new talent trees, and we’re now primarily focused on fixing bugs and tuning the game. This includes balancing talent choices against each other and tuning the throughput of each class. We want to ensure that we release an expansion of the highest quality for this incredible community.

That being said, the new talent systems constitute a tremendous change to the game and represent a fundamental overhaul to how classes and specializations are customized by players. It is our expectation that we will be making adjustments based on your feedback throughout the expansion’s lifetime. We greatly appreciate all of your testing and feedback thus far, and we’re looking forward to delivering improvements to all of the talent trees in content updates throughout Dragonflight.

Well, there goes any hope for paladins then, sigh. Maybe 2025 Rets will be allowed to exist in PvE - but I'm sure that the simple additon of Spellwarding is not only the most one could to with that spec, it's surely also the only thing that Ret needed to guarantee a raid spot.

Anyone who pretended this expansion would not be rushed was fooling themselves. Beta by August coming to release candidate in 2 months max in terms of design.

This filthy company deserves to die, Riot's MMO and FFXIV's 7.0 update can't come soon enough.

Shaping up to be another rushed shitshow...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Anyone who pretended this expansion would not be rushed was fooling themselves. Beta by August coming to release candidate in 2 months max in terms of design.

This filthy company deserves to die, Riot's MMO and FFXIV's 7.0 update can't come soon enough.
    man who hurt you

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfbeater View Post
    man who hurt you
    Yet another of the proud subsection of ex-WoW players whose entire online persona is defined by hating Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfbeater View Post
    man who hurt you
    Blizzard ya numnutz

Well... at least this time they listened a bit to the feedback. Baby steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Well... at least this time they listened a bit to the feedback. Baby steps.
    Paladins is asking where did they do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Yet another of the proud subsection of ex-WoW players whose entire online persona is defined by hating Blizzard.
    The best part is they will scream and bitch about it to the Amazon guy delivering their collectors edition

The druid class tree is still practically unchanged from the initial reveal months ago lol

I guess it's RIP for them then

I'm glad enhancement shaman is looking solid at the moment, then. I'm sorry for the people who aren't satisfied with the current incarnation of their choice of class spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Migg View Post
    The druid class tree is still practically unchanged from the initial reveal months ago lol

I guess it's RIP for them then
    The main issue areas were the spec trees which did get needed changes.

Rip shadow priests, they completely gimped the tree and now left it for dead. Classic blizzard.

lets be honest . DF release date should be december but 2023 not 2022.

its gonna be enormous fiasco - it will take them a year after launch to untangle this mess.

what a complete joke - all so they can sell it by the end of Q4 2022.

damn they almost made moonkin playable - sad the gainer/spender design is still in the game 3 xpacs later

Oh dear. BFA 3.0 incoming.

well i was gonna head to the market for some salt and vinegar but this thread has given me enough to make all the jerkey in the world

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

its gonna be enormous fiasco - it will take them a year after launch to untangle this mess.

I'm pretty certain a majority of the customers are aware of this. Let alone the people working at the company. It will still be launched prematurely with a count of four leveling zones. Some people have been saying it will be ready.. well to be honest I would hope a total of four zones would be ready by that time.

Dragonflight is four leveling zones, no endgame activities and eight dungeons. Wotlk classic that had.. eight leveling zones, one huge PVP map, twelve dungeons.

Then we have figureheads of the company making statements to media outlets:
    Activision Blizzard confirmed on Friday that Blizzard's deal to acquire Proletariat has closed, and it added some additional details. CEO Bobby Kotick said the company plans to hire "hundreds" more developers over the next two years to "serve the needs" of the WoW playerbase.
    John Hight, the general manager of World of Warcraft at Blizzard, said the deal to buy Proletariat will help Blizzard keep up with the demands of the WoW audience.

"As you probably are aware, folks in World of Warcraft have a voracious appetite for content," Hight said. "And what we've seen over the last year is that we need to increase the amount of content that we can create, and the frequency with which we're putting it in the hands of our players."
    There are not random employees. This is the CEO giving these public statements and a Producer.

They want to lie about the product and rush it. I will not be purchasing it. The customers have told them several times to postpone it. Believe it or not most of us understand that creating actual content means more time in development. A lot of people have informed them we are willing to wait. You would think the launch of Overwatch 2 (my sincere apologies to OW fans) and Wotlk would offset the premature launch of the next WoW expansion that currently doesn't have much to offer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

I'm pretty certain a majority of the customers are aware of this. Let alone the people working at the company. It will still be launched prematurely with a count of four leveling zones. Some people have been saying it will be ready.. well to be honest I would hope a total of four zones would be ready by that time.

Dragonflight is four leveling zones, no endgame activities and eight dungeons. Wotlk classic that had.. eight leveling zones, one huge PVP map, twelve dungeons.

Then we have figureheads of the company making statements to media outlets:
    Activision Blizzard confirmed on Friday that Blizzard's deal to acquire Proletariat has closed, and it added some additional details. CEO Bobby Kotick said the company plans to hire "hundreds" more developers over the next two years to "serve the needs" of the WoW playerbase.
    John Hight, the general manager of World of Warcraft at Blizzard, said the deal to buy Proletariat will help Blizzard keep up with the demands of the WoW audience.

"As you probably are aware, folks in World of Warcraft have a voracious appetite for content," Hight said. "And what we've seen over the last year is that we need to increase the amount of content that we can create, and the frequency with which we're putting it in the hands of our players."
    There are not random employees. This is the CEO giving these public statements and a Producer.

They want to lie about the product and rush it. I will not be purchasing it. The customers have told them several times to postpone it. Believe it or not most of us understand that creating actual content means more time in development. A lot of people have informed them we are willing to wait. You would think the launch of Overwatch 2 (my sincere apologies to OW fans) and Wotlk would offset the premature launch of the next WoW expansion that currently doesn't have much to offer fans.