Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    It was kind of a POE reskin. Still a fun game. P2W doesn't matter- it is stupid to even care about in non-competitive and recreational gaming.

Just a bunch of nonsense to get up & bothered by, the world has changed. Ain't ever going back.

Simply don't play or pay for what you find distasteful. And if you find all games distasteful, go outside.
    Plenty of games without that garbage in them. In fact, it usually only shows up in barebones reskinned ip delivery vehicles on mobile or f2p on console, with a whale-bait monetization system that is fun for no one, especially the people spending their money.

Uninstall upon discovery and nothing is lost, much is gained.

Original, artisanal unique experiences are what I chase, with the occasional dab of long loved IP, challenging strategy, or tight rewarding gameplay.

Current market AI could make IP based cash-in reskins with a bingo card and we would be hard pressed on the difference. Isn't this a Diablo Immortal thread?

I see a lot of people who believe nothing will ever change. I'm not so pesimistic, seeing many other industries go from early days boom to regulation tempered by competition. Pay 2 Win, lootboxes, excluding large swaths of playerbase, going after whales, gambling, targeting parents pocketbooks, regulation(be it governmental or social) will come one day, we are in the wild west now, and it may get worse before it gets better, but in my opinion, one day, we will see less dishonest, less cynical monitization schemes rule the market.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-09-27 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    Plenty of games without that garbage in them.
    Sure and one can just play those games if they like. The thing I was driving at was partial expectations and a realistic interpretation of the current market.

I do say, if ever a surprised pikachu face was warranted, this game certainly pulls it.

Such a shame. TL1 and 2 were decent.
    3 and 4 just - im surprised they havent pulled a NFT scam along in there.

I see a ton of streamers i follow playing this today, looks somewhat entertaining - is it full blown p2w or what was the verdict from anyone on here who played season 1, will season 2 be able to be enjoyed by f2p players?
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity2015 View Post
    I see a ton of streamers i follow playing this today, looks somewhat entertaining - is it full blown p2w or what was the verdict from anyone on here who played season 1, will season 2 be able to be enjoyed by f2p players?
    New season launched today, I believe, and they're pretty generous with sponsorships. They were even offering Ziz (PoE streamer) more sponsored streaming opps for it even after he was fairly critical of some of the monetization.

I didn't stick with last season, got to mapping and fell off, but overall it felt totally fine as F2P. Most of what I've heard from folks that stuck around to proper endgame mapping is that it's still completely playable as F2P even then, and the P2W concerns are largely grossly overblown. Yeah, you get some convenience shit and it makes unlocking specific pets (which you use to modify some passive bonuses) that you might want for your build easier, but you can still play with a slightly less optimal pet/stats in that slot.

I need to see if the new character is free of if you gotta unlock her or something, but I do want to play a bit more now that they've had a season's worth of data and feedback.

New season is pretty fun actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    New season is pretty fun actually.
    even for a new player with no knowledge? my wife works nights this weekend, i might get it installed and give it a shot as f2p
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

even for a new player with no knowledge? my wife works nights this weekend, i might get it installed and give it a shot as f2p
    If you didn't play last season, then it's all new stuff anyways : P

But seems like a lot of expected updates - new season pass/character, some new story content of sorts, new items, some new mechanics/systems (relics for hero traits, apparently, which are largely passive hero-specific mechanics), some new skills, new bosses, and QoL stuff like support for controllers.

TL:I is basically Path of Exile for dummies in a good way. It's 1:1 ripping off a lot of PoE, but does so in a much stripped down, streamlined version that makes the game much, much more approachable. Not to mention it takes the exact opposite approach too, where PoE pushes friction and positions players to struggle on an uphill battle to power TL:I greases everything up with lard and makes you fairly strong out of the gate.

If you like ARPG's, it's worth a go. It's only really got the visual stylings of Torchlight, but it's still solid.

Yup. The game kinda turned around and it's pretty solid overall. Very casual and easygoing game with a generous curve.

I spent $0 on this game. They made it fairly comfortable to play.