View Poll Results: Would you buy a lvl 70 boost on release day if it was available that skips leveling?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Yes

20 20.20%
  • No

73 73.74%
  • Maybe

6 6.06%
Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you buy a lvl 70 boost on release day if they made that available?

I get it that it's an mmo, but at this point I feel like I have leveled so many characters and it's always the same, just a different package (kill 10 mobs, get 10 items, ...) that I would actually consider it if they were to make such a think available (maybe not on day 1, but on day 7 or something).

Personally I don't care about the lore at all, only about the combat mechanics at max level. Technically it's also not pay to win since you only skip the levelling part.

Curious about how others feel about this.
    Last edited by zenga; 2022-09-24 at 10:29 PM. Reason: typo

Blizzard would never do this because they feel pretty strongly about "experiencing" an expansion through its leveling content. Max level boosts are only ever made available once the expansion in-question has fully played out its story.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Blizzard would never do this because they feel pretty strongly about "experiencing" an expansion through its leveling content. Max level boosts are only ever made available once the expansion in-question has fully played out its story.
    I know that, but that is not really the question/point. It's more a what if (no matter how unlikely it is).

I would. There's not much point to leveling in retail WoW; you get nothing, learn nothing, and all the enemies scale to your level.

Thankfully the old talent trees are back to help this somewhat but it's too little too late.

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I get it that it's an mmo, but at this point I feel like I have leveled so many characters and it's always the same, just a different package (kill 10 mobs, get 10 items, ...) that I would actually consider it if they were to make such a think available (maybe not on day 1, but on day 7 or something).

Personally I don't care about the lore at all, only about the combat mechanics at max level. Technically it's also not pay to win since you only skip the levelling part.

I do not consider it pay to win, and as such am not entirely against it, but it would provide them a grotesque incentive to worsen the levelling experience / "to save costs" on the levelling experience so that the boost option (and thus extra cash) becomes more enticing.

Additionally i do not see the point of playing this game at all if you dislike such a big part of it, an RPG without its R quickly loses its reason for existence, even if it might take people like you a little longer to notice.
    The mechanics do not exist in a void after all, they only make sense within the "sense" of the game.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I know that, but that is not really the question/point. It's more a what if (no matter how unlikely it is).
    I'm an altoholic so you'd think I'd be in favor of this. But honestly, I wouldn't use it since prefer to level through dungeons so Threads of Fate was perfect for this. I'm fine with Blizzard requiring you to level once through the expansion content then providing players with a way to bypass the content later. I don't think boosting directly to max level would be particularly beneficial since the entire idea behind the leveling experience is to familiarize yourself with the major players in the games' overarching story. I do not think that should be forced on you after your first playthrough so as long as they keep something like Threads of Fate in the game I'll be happy.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-09-24 at 11:36 PM.

I would absolutely not buy, or use, a boost on release date.

Dozens of hours of content, story, introducing the factions, the villains, building up to the major events.... and you'd just skip all that so you can do a couple of dungeons and complain about the lack of content?

Oh boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Its classic, the story played out over a decade ago

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Its classic, the story played out over a decade ago
    Uh, this is in the DF subforum...

10+ Year Old Account

No, I would not the first time through. I don't buy and pay for expansions just to skip half of them. I know people that do and to use a worn-out overused phrase maybe they should be playing another game. If the question is about classic then this is in the wrong place.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

no because i dont mind the leveling content and it helps get used to playing the class

I voted no, mostly on principle because I'm not giving blizz a dime for such services but also because I have beta and the leveling is very relaxed this time.
    No biggie at all and the zones look beyond amazing, it should be experienced tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    It's 10+ year old content calm down lol.

For most of us here it will be our umteenth time going through all this.
    This is a post about dragon flight unless OP misplaced it.

skipping the leveling chore? obviously yes

MMO player mentality in 2022 ... 5 hours of gameplay to get to the next max level is unacceptable.
    Farming torghast until eyes bleed - cool

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    I would absolutely not buy, or use, a boost on release date.

Dozens of hours of content, story, introducing the factions, the villains, building up to the major events.... and you'd just skip all that so you can do a couple of dungeons and complain about the lack of content?

Oh boy.
    What about.. you play it with your main and use the boost on your second character?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    What about.. you play it with your main and use the boost on your second character?
    I've used boosts before, the ones offered when purchasing the expansions or some of their upgrade editions. But even then, i've only used them to boost a nth alt for gold making purposes, extra tables, etc.

I actually enjoy the leveling experience.

Nope. I have never bought a boost. The only boosts I've got came with the expansions.

10+ Year Old Account

Of course not, and I doubt it would even happen, as it would neglect all the work they put into it and ignore the story they are trying to sell. It would be business suicide for all the hard work they put into it. The level 70 boost would be a thing for later down the line but at launch, no, I'm not a dumbass. I want to play this game after all. I buy this game to experience it. I've never bought a boost, I've been given a boost from buying the game, and using it, because who is so silly not to use it if it is already there, can't be converted or anything, but those are always old boosts, at the end of the other content kind of thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    MMO player mentality in 2022 ... 5 hours of gameplay to get to the next max level is unacceptable.
    The ones wanting this can't even do that.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-09-25 at 12:29 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I fucking despise the leveling experience in SL and if DF is the same then I am really NOT looking forward to leveling.

I have actually loved leveling and playing alts some time ago, but since Legion the leveling has gotten consistently worse, but at least in Legion and BfA you could choose what to do from the start and could make it feel a bit different every time you level an alt. In SL the first time around you are forced to do the whole story linearly and then in Threads of Fate you level slower and your only real leveling option is doing even more boring side missions or spam the same 4 dungeons til 60.

Furthermore, the leveling quests in SL are just horrible. You keep doing the same thing all the time: Wait out some RP talk for a minute which is totally irrelevant to the endgame story and then do 1-3 quests which consist of killing mobs, collecting stuff and killing a "boss". Then you get another RP talk and do the same thing over and over again all the time. In previous expansions you weren't held back this massively by linearity, like yes you had quest chains and all that, but you could mostly do however many quests you wanted at the same time and you could do them at your OWN pace. But in the SL leveling experience you have to do EVERYTHING in the order Blizz wants you to do for the sake of some of them most boring and useless story ever with no fun or rewards(except the must-have XP)

All in all, if there is any WoW conspiracy I believe in, it is that they make leveling intentionally crap so that they make you want to buy boosts, because I seriously cannot believe that there is anyone out there (including the WoW Devs) who actually enjoys leveling through the current 50-60 experience, at least with the normal leveling route (we are not getting Threads of Fate in DF FYI).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    5 hours of gameplay for 50-60 only and that with Threads of Fate enabled and with heirlooms and a player who has already played WoW a long time.
    I have only recently played with a cousin of mine through the original 50-60 leveling (as it is his first time playing WoW) and getting to 60 wasn't only extremely boring and tedious, but it also took us a very long time getting to 60 (definitely some 12-15 hours without doing any side missions and in real time a month, because we got bored very quickly every time we started playing).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    I would. There's not much point to leveling in retail WoW; you get nothing, learn nothing, and all the enemies scale to your level.
    Exactly my point too.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I fucking despise the leveling experience in SL and if DF is the same then I am really NOT looking forward to leveling.

I have actually loved leveling and playing alts some time ago, but since Legion the leveling has gotten consistently worse, but at least in Legion and BfA you could choose what to do from the start and could make it feel a bit different every time you level an alt. In SL the first time around you are forced to do the whole story linearly and then in Threads of Fate you level slower and your only real leveling option is doing even more boring side missions or spam the same 4 dungeons til 60.

Furthermore, the leveling quests in SL are just horrible. You keep doing the same thing all the time: Wait out some RP talk for a minute which is totally irrelevant to the endgame story and then do 1-3 quests which consist of killing mobs, collecting stuff and killing a "boss". Then you get another RP talk and do the same thing over and over again all the time. In previous expansions you weren't held back this massively by linearity, like yes you had quest chains and all that, but you could mostly do however many quests you wanted at the same time and you could do them at your OWN pace. But in the SL leveling experience you have to do EVERYTHING in the order Blizz wants you to do for the sake of some of them most boring and useless story ever with no fun or rewards(except the must-have XP)

All in all, if there is any WoW conspiracy I believe in, it is that they make leveling intentionally crap so that they make you want to buy boosts, because I seriously cannot believe that there is anyone out there (including the WoW Devs) who actually enjoys leveling through the current 50-60 experience, at least with the normal leveling route (we are not getting Threads of Fate in DF FYI).

- - - Updated - - -

5 hours of gameplay for 50-60 only and that with Threads of Fate enabled and with heirlooms and a player who has already played WoW a long time.
    I have only recently played with a cousin of mine through the original 50-60 leveling (as it is his first time playing WoW) and getting to 60 wasn't only extremely boring and tedious, but it also took us a very long time getting to 60 (definitely some 12-15 hours without doing any side missions and in real time a month, because we got bored very quickly every time we started playing).

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point too.
    Gotta underline this bit.
    This is why i dislike these boosts.

Though i've gotta say SL levelling stands on a depth below all others so far in my opinion, Legion was decent-ish and BfA was actually nice imo (though annoying that we got only three zones).

Also nice name.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.