Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Hear me out.

Literally make it an actual feature of the game.

A Wintergrasp styled open world event every X hours at a random racial capital, War Mode only.

Shouldve happened in Battle For Azeroth.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-10-02 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Hear me out.

A Wintergrasp styled open world event every X hours at a random racial capital, War Mode only.

This.
    /10chars
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

An actual feature... you mean, like battlegrounds? Because an open-world version just wouldn't work, with all servers technically being PvE, so you'd have to have WM on, and then there's the issue of realmhopping... The Nazjatar wPvP basically revolved around who could create the largest group via Group Finder.

Just make it instanced, and everyone can be happy. Battlegrounds are basically like re-enactments anyway, so a "city raid" would fit that theme. You could even have fun with it, one week it's attacking/defending a Horde city, the next it's attacking/defending an Alliance city.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2022-10-02 at 10:37 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

retail is removing the factions right why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    retail is removing the factions right why bother?
    It will renamed to the World of Craft

Hear me out.

Everyone brings up Wintergrasp but you didnt fight npcs in wintergrasp you broke walls and right clicked an orb at the end. Its a bad comparison, Halaani in TBC is a better example of WPvP dont right. Tol Barad was alright but then everyone realized it was better to win trade between factions for more honor.

People are too busy jumping through the hoops that Blizzard stuff every expansion full of. They don't seem to realise if you just let people play the game they will find things to do and be creative. Like raiding cities.

Kind of doesn't fit the theme of "finally, the faction war is over, for realsies this time, Veteran of Fourth War title, tying up the biggest loose ends in SL and everything. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

3+ Year Old Account
    I would very much like to see a raid of Stormwind akin to Siege of Orgrimmar, but as for PvP I have no particular interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    ... Do you think that the faction attacks on capitals should return?
    Should faction leaders drop weekly pvp gear or conquest?
    Should Blizzard motivate the players to return capital open world PVP?
    Would you like to see a return of faction raids on capitals?
    No.
    No.
    No.
    No.

WoW does WoW best when in focuses on being a PvE open world adventure game. PvP should only be in instanced content where is does not disrupt people that just want to play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    It will renamed to the World of Craft
    Because the only war that matters is the faction war, right? No other wars exist at all, we're definitely not fighting with various other factions and enemies all the time, nope, no sir... /s

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    WM is a niche. WPvP is terrible, it's unbalanced and ridiculous, and to top off the irony it's best when people get together in ways that create pseudo-instanced PvP (like SSvTM of old etc.).

Leave it in by all means, but it really doesn't deserve development resources anymore.
    WPVP in my mind was always meant to do with others, which in theory should be able to be more balanced unless you're not forming a group to negate weaknesses. As for the 1v1 WPVP while questing I always thought that was cool as it made the world feel dangerous at times. Back in the day not every encounter with the opposing faction ended in a fight. Not sure how it is now.