Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Be honest. How difficult is WotLK 5-man heroic?

14 years ago, I was a newb.
    The pug I joined failed most of the time, especially HoS and HoL.

Assume Cataclysm Heroics is rated at 10.
    MoP Heroics is rated at 1.
    What is WotLK 5-man heroic rated?

Based on your scale I'd say about a 3. They could be tough if you're in fresh leveling gear but they were easily out-geared and trivialized. By the time Ulduar comes around they should mostly be a walk in the park.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Based on your scale I'd say about a 3. They could be tough if you're in fresh leveling gear but they were easily out-geared and trivialized. By the time Ulduar comes around they should mostly be a walk in the park.
    I only talk about wearing fresh leveling gear.
    Do I have to get a full set ilevel 187 before going in?
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2022-09-26 at 03:48 PM.

Very easy, only times I recall wiping when fresh was when mechanics are completely ignored by the entire group.

WotLK heroics were the easiest heroics have ever been in the history of WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Compher View Post
    Absolutely not true. In current retail heroics are barely above leveling dungeons. In early Wotlk lots of groups wiped on Loken for example a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathspell View Post
    Absolutely not true. In current retail heroics are barely above leveling dungeons. In early Wotlk lots of groups wiped on Loken for example a lot.
    I never recall wiping in a WotLK heroic and I ran them all day and was not good at the game back then. I did all the dungeon achievements except one for the red proto drake in pugs. They over tuned the Cataclysm heroics because everyone complained about how easy the WotLK dungeons were. The only reason you think heroics are easier now than they were back then is because we have m0 and m+ to compare it to. Heroics were barely above leveling dungeons back then also.

Quote Originally Posted by Compher View Post
    Nah they were easy but not that easy. By OP's standards I'd give them like a 3.

I'd say 3 or 4 if I were to be charitable, there are a few bosses that were somewhat challenging if you didn't know wtf to do.

If you rate MoP heroics as 1, then WotLk would be... 0.5, I guess?

They're absolutely trivial stuff. The only way to wipe is doing something blatantly idiotic.

If you are with people that know what they are doing, even if you are under geared, it'll be fine.

I think they'll be pretty easy for most people.

The two exceptions will probably be AN because a fresh healer is likely to go OOM on the first boss. And Loken for similar reasons

10+ Year Old Account
    They are, on their own, not much more difficult then their normal versions.

Under geared groups of less-than-decent players (or just plain bad ones) who do not know how to play their classes while not knowing certain dungeon mechanics will make them infinitely harder.

But, an under geared group of just decent players (or good ones) who know how to play their classes and either already know the dungeons or pick up on the mechanics fast make heroic dungeons easy.

There is so many conditions to consider… can’t really just say yes or no.

EDIT: I honestly can’t think of one WotLK that is designed in a way that makes it just objectively difficult regardless of mode.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-09-26 at 05:35 PM.

By the time 3.3 rolled around they could be effectively soloed, with the exception of the new ICC ones.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    EDIT: I honestly can’t think of one WotLK that is designed in a way that makes it just objectively difficult regardless of mode.
    The Oculus would like to know your location.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    If you rate MoP heroics as 1, then WotLk would be... 0.5, I guess?
    This cannot be true.
    Ahn'Kahet: The Old Kingdom is very annoying. Even after I wear Naxx gear.
    The adds in the last boss of Halls of Stone are annoying too.

Admitted the server I was in 14 years ago is a dying server.
    Also random pugs don't help.
    This is why I want to find out this time.

I don't plan to try Oculus.

he heroics included with the base game were a cake walk. The TOC heroic had one challenging fight easily outgeared. The ICC Heroics were actually pretty difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    14 years ago, I was a newb.
    The pug I joined failed most of the time, especially HoS and HoL.

Assume Cataclysm Heroics is rated at 10.
    MoP Heroics is rated at 1.
    What is WotLK 5-man heroic rated?
    If your tank is defense capped...or near it, and your healer has mana you shouldn't struggle at all outside of a few fights like Halls of Lightning first boss when he is empowered or a ton of overpulling.

10+ Year Old Account
    For your tanks, you're probably still going to want to be uncrittable for Heroics, which is 535 Def. 540 is for Raid Bosses.

DPS, you can pretty much zug zug in leveling greens/blues.

Healies, depending on how good or bad the rest of the group is you might have a bad time. You know the usual DPS standing in fire, tanks not rolling mitigation CDs.

Occy is NOT HARD. tank gets Red, spams 1, Healer gets Green and keeps the DOT on the boss, throw your heal on the Red (or whoever has aggro). DPS you get ONE to channel the beam while the other two Pew Pew, get the other two to channel the beam and blow him up with 10 stacks, channel and let the other two bronze blow up with 10 stacks each.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

On beta people were clearing them pre-80.