What is M+ and why has everyone been losing their minds over it for the past years?

I don't understand, is this like just another dungeon difficulty on top of heroic?

Like why is so much ink being spilled over how mythic+ has saved the game and is so amazing and all that?
    And every time a change is being made to it people lose their minds like omggg nooooo you killed the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    From your post history, you’ve been playing this game for years and many expansions, so I don’t imagine you have no idea what M+ is.

All I've been doing for the past 2-3 expansions is doing the story, doing LFR then some PVP and getting bored -> unsubbed.

I haven't even finished nearly all the LFR and dungeons in the last 2 expansions.

Want my char link for proof or something? Apparently I have to showcase my good boy badge now or be questioned by the all mighty moderator.

I never liked it. Too much of a go go go sort of thing I didn’t care for.

it hasnt saved the game. the playerbase continues to shrink. blizz recently hit the desperation button and decided to merge horde and alliance a little bit to make up for lack of players.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWalrus View Post
    I don't understand, is this like just another dungeon difficulty on top of heroic?

Like why is so much ink being spilled over how mythic+ has saved the game and is so amazing and all that?
    And every time a change is being made to it people lose their minds like omggg nooooo you killed the game.
    I don't believe you for a second. there is no way that your head is buried that deep in the sand for you not to know what M+ is. however, on the chance you're actually being serious... here you go https://www.google.com/search?q=mythic+plus

why not not just search what m+ is

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    I don't believe you for a second. there is no way that your head is buried that deep in the sand for you not to know what M+ is. however, on the chance you're actually being serious... here you go https://www.google.com/search?q=mythic+plus
    There's a lot of things idk about wow and i've played this game for like 16 years.

I've become so weary of trends (masks, vaccines, blm, slava ukraini, blame trump for all your problems, iphones, androids, mmo vs mmo, some bullshit is trending on twitter) that whenever something idk about becomes instantly trendy (the way M+) became, I just stay away from it.

So all I think I know about it is that it's some type of extra difficulty for dungeons with modifiers like in Diablo Rifts or something like that.

Other than that it just annoyed me so much how much people never shut up about it that I didn't even wanna know anything about it for the longest time.
    What really pissed me off when dungeons started being gated behind this mythic+ mode so that one of the biggest dungeons in Bubblegumlands was something I couldn't queue for.

That's what made me really hate whatever M+ even is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently I have to showcase my good boy badge now or be questioned by the all mighty moderator.
    I haven’t been a mod for like 5 or 6 years…

…anyway. M+ is essentially challenge mode from Mists, except it rewards gear and has affixes depending on level that change how it plays. Some people like it. It provides an alternative gearing path to raiding.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I haven’t been a mod for like 5 or 6 years…

…anyway. M+ is essentially challenge mode from Mists, except it rewards gear and has affixes depending on level that change how it plays. Some people like it. It provides an alternative gearing path to raiding.
    there is a reason why people think you're a mod. it's a stupid reason, but that's why

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread didn't start out great and seems unlikely to go anywhere constructive. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead