Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    just like master loot and group loot, personal loot is a fine system for certain situations. i dont see why they remove it entirely, like they romved master loot entirely. keep it as an option, and people can join the raid groups with the loot system they prefer. this isnt rocket surgery!
    they always swing their pendulum of ideas way to far, insteead of just finding a good middle ground.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2022-10-01 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickiler View Post
    It's a quote, from this blue post:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

While this does mean it’s possible for a bow to drop in a group without a hunter, the belief is that this rewards groups for playing with a diverse set of classes
    Thanks for reminding of that, I missed that in the BluePost, I recalled reading that earlier when they talked about it. But yea, this is shit.

I always say to my Community: "Play what you like", we have in our Group 2-3 PlateWearer, maybe 1-2 Cloth, 2-3 Leather and like a hundred Mail Classes. Now they are Punished for Playing what they Like, because they will get less loot. Awesome.

While this does mean it’s possible for a bow to drop in a group without a hunter, the belief is that this rewards groups for playing with a diverse set of classes
    Oof, wad kinda hoping for the jab. It’s gonna feel great, when the bow drops (btw, why do hunters get to get special weapon two raids in a row?) and there aren’t any hunters in a no dup classes 10man. And all those agility daggers. Yum.

I was afraid they were still sticking with that. I don't see how they can bind so many things to a single character (reputations, achievements, certain mounts and titles) and then insist people should try to put together diverse rosters. The choice of one's character should either be something one strives to invest in or should be malleable to adjust to changes in composition requirements; designing for both is simply at odds with itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    I was afraid they were still sticking with that. I don't see how they can bind so many things to a single character (reputations, achievements, certain mounts and titles) and then insist people should try to put together diverse rosters. The choice of one's character should either be something one strives to invest in or should be malleable to adjust to changes in composition requirements; designing for both is simply at odds with itself.
    It's a clear distinction of Blizzard's design focus shift away from homogenization post-MoP. They clearly weren't fans of this so every expansion since then they've focused more and more on unique class abilities. On one hand, it is nice that almost every class and specialization has a unique purpose or cool raid cooldown that makes them, well, special; on the other, it's frustrating when trying to optimize a raid group around it.

In terms of this loot paradigm, I understand the reasoning behind it and I don't think this is necessarily as bad as the doom and gloom crew insist; I just think they'd have scored a slam dunk if they just offered an option for open-trade PL and they just... decided to do this instead. Personally, I think it's weird but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it plays out for this first season. I can absolutely see PL coming back mid-expansion or 11.0 though.

Removing any option that is already implemented is just plain idiocy. People could make a choice, now they cannot.

I mean the floodgates are open at this point. No more shame in their game.

Quote Originally Posted by marcusblood View Post
    While I agree that personal loot has a place as a great system for pugs, I couldn't be happier to see Blizzard make the right decision to remove it entirely.

I've argued this for over 4 years with people here, feels great to be right.
    Eh, so long as master loot stays dead.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

This seems like one of those instances where they feel they know better so they create a hurdle for people to jump over ( by removing the option of personal loot ) and then have the best response regardless of where the coin falls. They do not have to be either or but they want it to be for whatever reason but the more important question will be if raiding participation is up or down compared to previous opening tiers and how that will have a impact on the raiding scene as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Oh look another stupid decision because loud criers demand it. Actually, personal loot was great outside of premade groups. If this would have to become a good change, Blizzard would have to make it optional for premade group raids rather than forcing it upon everyone.

But hey, we talk about Blizzard here. So it is likely to become even worse.
    draenor last patch loot was good, PL as default with more loot, so pugs were kinda forced to use it and ML in groups

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    All high ticket items should be assumed to stay in guild, even with new recruits we will not give out contested items for 2 weeks to ensure things aren't being taken from the guild.
    Just fyi you are the reason why personal loot was introduced the first time. As it will be again for season 2 of Dragonflight.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Just fyi you are the reason why personal loot was introduced the first time. As it will be again for season 2 of Dragonflight.
    Personal loot was the best thing they put into the game, gives everyone an equal chance to get loot without any issues, most players are mostly fully geared within a month if they actually do content, but without PL some players may take even longer to gear up especially raid gear wont just get handed out to new members unless all others dont have any need.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Soimu View Post
    It's a mistake. With all it's flaws personal loot was the best system for casuals which represents the majority of players and is what made me do raids again because i was tired of guild investments which meant i had to work first to gear up other players or pugs in which most of the raid leaders ninja the loot.
    Bye bye bye.

A bit early to say you were right.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsi View Post
    I prefer guilds with a true DKP system(Two highest bids, second bid +1 wins) for the highest bidder), that rewards showing up. I really hated someone never playing, coming in for a sub, and leaving with all the loot they need and never coming back. Really sucked for the rest of the folks, especially when trying to prog Mythic.
    I think the increasing abundance of loot over the years made a properly organized DKP system increasingly inconvenient to use. It made sense when 40-man bosses would only drop like 3 pieces each, but when bosses are dropping 2-3 pieces for a 10 man group, it borders on a waste of time, even for consistent rosters. Group loot certainly did a number on group consistency, and by extension, community over the years, but as raid accessibility has shifted towards including a more casual audience, it makes logical sense that a shift in loot rules would follow.

Though I will say that when my guild shifted away from ML, we were able to self-regulate loot pretty well. So it definitely doesn't completely ruin organized teams, IMO.

Now if Mythic plus loot is group loot it will be hilariously bad and if its personal loot people will bitch that they got geared faster in mythic plus dungeons because a drop was not a bow for a group that did not have a hunter etc.

I'm happy for all the raiders who can finally get back to a masterlooter like experience.

But i dread starting a pug having to reform the raid after every boss because a gang og ninjas start rolling need for offspec, or to help out friends.

The social dynamic of raids would have to change, we would have to accept that people are dicks and are gonna game the system, because crossrealm blacklists etc, aren't a solution to keeping people in check, there's no consequences to ninjalooting in 2022.

I wish they kept the option for personal loot for those of us who dont want the loot drama, and dont want to get scammed by premades, kicking you just before the boss dies, stacking their lootspecs to help their friends win key items over actual mainspec needers.

We're just gonna have to join the toxic abusive system, and scam people ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Because I care about my guild and don't want gear to go to some random pug that comes in when a raider is absent and don't want to waste gear our guildies need? If you don't like how loot is distributed then you should arrange your own raids and make your own loot rules. This is what I did in Wrath I pugged most 25 man content, but would not give 2H weapons to a hunter over a Melee as a stat stick vs a class that actually used them to do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Because I care about my guild and don't want gear to go to some random pug that comes in when a raider is absent and don't want to waste gear our guildies need? If you don't like how loot is distributed then you should arrange your own raids and make your own loot rules. This is what I did in Wrath I pugged most 25 man content, but would not give 2H weapons to a hunter over a Melee as a stat stick vs a class that actually used them to do damage.
    Yeah. If you don't want a random pug to get loot you should not invite them. It's as easy as that.

From what I read, it's like an open PL system. Imagine the loot shown is someone's PL item. Your item is open for others with the same loot type. Then others' are also open for you to roll. It's not like everyone can roll on anything.