Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Except they've also remove PL for LFR also, which is idiotic.

Also, leave PL in-game, as a choice even for organised raiding.
    I don't think I would mind if it remained an option, but there's no argument that making PL the ONLY method of loot was a horrible idea, so horrible they reverted.

Loot seems so extremely scarce now raiding just seems pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Loot seems so extremely scarce now raiding just seems pointless.
    I just dropped raiding, and keep spamming M+. So much more worth now. Sadly. Personal Loot should be an Option on Groups from LFG Tool.

Do not mind the group loot even in LFR.

But ffs. did it on 2 alts. saw more bows dropped then there are orcs in ogrimmar. Same goes for the other loot. each boss dropped atleast 1 double item.

I have no problem with GL in LFR....if the chances are at the same level as PL. But seeing double items drop makes me sad.

I remmember once on my druid, when i was still mythic raiding that i had 2 months without seeing any tier token. Even contact a GM. ( could not help me offcourse). But he did say it was very weird....Next week all bosses started to drop my tier tokens......still the weirdest GM encouter ever. Almost think he was making the loot drop for me ( i know, not possible).
    ( okay not the weirdest). that would be being grieffed by some (enter expletive here) group of horde players ( not all horde are bad, but those where). GM came in, killed them/teleported them away. And gave me a mount for all my troubles i had.... do not remmember what mount it was.

I would agree that in premade groups, you should be able to pick what kind of loot system you want (Personal, group, master I suppose).
    But for queued content, I see no reason at all to use group loot. And since they changed to group loot in raids, why not in dungeons as well for consistency at least?

Nothing sucks more than seeing two of the same items being dropped, and the same guy winning both items.
    And as someone else have said many times: I'd rather be upset at the game for not giving me loot, than at another player for "Rolling higher than me".

I hope they change LFR back to personal loot. It was way nicer in my opinion.

I think as a community we've largely outgrown loot distribution as something that really can only cause strife. I was completely okay with forced personal loot everywhere, but the next best thing is literally move away from loot as it is altogether and just award different kinds of tokens which can be exchanged for specific items.

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but I've literally never had a good feeling from loot distribution ever in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I think as a community we've largely outgrown loot distribution as something that really can only cause strife. I was completely okay with forced personal loot everywhere, but the next best thing is literally move away from loot as it is altogether and just award different kinds of tokens which can be exchanged for specific items.

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but I've literally never had a good feeling from loot distribution ever in this game.
    I kind of agree. Gear has always been a bit of a sore spot for me in this game, I get they want the gearing process to take time so it's more rewarding and people stick around (understandable) but they've at no point managed to hit a sweet spot, imo. Only good experience I've had with it was with a high end(ish) guild with a legitimately good loot council back in WoD but that's obviously very prone to going wrong too.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    I HATE the loot whoring in classic. GDKP and SR systems are really just designed to help super geared people at the expense of those with less gear, and it turns loot into a game with strategy (well, actually gdkp just turns it into a gold buying game). Just effing roll ms/os and stop being such a prick about everything.

And yes, I say this right now with a 210 ilvl priest on classic that is often the most geared character in my pug groups, so it’s not just about me being selfish too.

As someone who runs a guild and hosts multiple SR/GDKP groups a week at my guildmates request for alts... be the change you want to see. Host your own MS/OS rolled runs. I advocate for doing what you prefer if your needs aren't met elsewhere. If your views are popular your fellow like minded folks will thank you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargur View Post
    Except they've also remove PL for LFR also, which is idiotic.

Also, leave PL in-game, as a choice even for organised raiding.
    yeah it should've been left in for LFR.

Personal loot sucked ass. I hated the feeling of killing multiple bosses in a row in raids or dungeons and not seeing a single piece of loot drop.

Even if I don’t win anything, I more enjoy the feeling of seeing pieces of loot actually drop and having people get excited when their need roll wins the piece

I don't get why they removed it from LFR, that's like the one place I think even the hardcore DKP type guys (or w/e madeup score system) can agree it was good for. Now running this week's LFR everybody eas standing around for 10 minutes trying to figure out if they won something or not.
    Last edited by Sableye; 2022-12-26 at 02:50 AM.

problem with group loot is that if you can roll need/greed on it every numnuts who likes nothing more then to piss other will roll need just to get it and deprive someone of it even if they dont need it. thats what i dont like about group loot
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

I feel having it in LFR is wrong, rest is fine

They just keep making it easier to justify quitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    problem with group loot is that if you can roll need/greed on it every numnuts who likes nothing more then to piss other will roll need just to get it and deprive someone of it even if they dont need it. thats what i dont like about group loot
    If it was personal loot, those same people would still get gear they don't need and refuse to trade it. The only difference is that you wouldn't feel like you had a shot at it in the first place and they'd get the satisfaction of trolling everyone who whispers them for it.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Personal loot sucked ass. I hated the feeling of killing multiple bosses in a row in raids or dungeons and not seeing a single piece of loot drop.

Even if I don’t win anything, I more enjoy the feeling of seeing pieces of loot actually drop and having people get excited when their need roll wins the piece

You must be blind then if you have not seen ANY drop for anybody

Loot is nothing more then a means to an end why even bother or care about it and once you see it that way part of the hook they use is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    Loot is nothing more then a means to an end why even bother or care about it and once you see it that way part of the hook they use is gone.
    This is dumbfounding... you have completely cracked the code.

Never, not one time have I considered in the past 18 years that this loot centric MMORPG was using its upfront, literal design goals to make me want to play it!

Showing this shit to a Diablo designer must be like some "They Live" shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Merin View Post
    This is dumbfounding... you have completely cracked the code.

Never, not one time have I considered in the past 18 years that this loot centric MMORPG was using its upfront, literal design goals to make me want to play it!

Showing this shit to a Diablo designer must be like some "They Live" shit.
    Thanks its what i am here for to help everyone figure out the correct path forward ya know. If it was such a remarkable way to retain players then they would obviously have more but again i treat WoW in this cycle.

I reroll to a new class or spec every single patch. I join a guild for that patch. I raid with them and clear Heroic and get KSM then i just say gg and take a break until the next patch cycle is out since to me chasing logs or chasing gear no longer matters once my own goals are completed 2 bosses to go with KSM done then its break time until the next cycle.

I even tell said guild i am taking a break and may swap to another role or class when i come back but most do not like that approach at all it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post

Maybe it depends on whose glasses you look at this through.

Last week in a raid with 2 shammy/priest/paladin tier users (my resto shaman and a shadow priest), I can't say I felt the surge of excitement watching them win all 4 tier tokens that dropped and going from 0>4 set in one raid.

But on the flipside, I bet he was having a whale of a time.

Similarly half the raid was spent listening to people complain about the people that won the other tier tokens, because they may have already had the exact same item already equipped. General attitude was "I'm allowed to roll need so I roll need. Sorry you didn't win the roll".