Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This shouldn't be a surprise. They promised by the end of the year which they're legally bound to, at least to some degree, and this gives them a month of disaster recovery to delay it if something goes drastically wrong but that likely won't happen. And it's just like the last few expansions timing wise and literally every expansion at this point in beta has had people screaming "It's not ready and can't possibly be ready by then!" and yet every time they released it anyway lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    This shouldn't be a surprise. They promised by the end of the year which they're legally bound to
    No. They are not legally bound by any release date. At most they would have to offer a refund. A refund is far different from forced release.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    They really should postpone it to early next year... or it won't be ready... but it's okay guys... all problems will be fixed in 10.1... for sure this time!
    What problems does DF even really have currently? Besides class balance of course, which I believe they wouldn't fix ever anyways no matter how much time they had.

To me the only issue with DF is that the leveling is going to be pretty bad once again and that I generally have grown to dislike M+ and the influence it has on raiding and the game as a whole, but that won't be changed anyways. So it feels like a lot of it will be more of the same basically regarding the gameplay loop we had since Legion.

Overall I do not see any obvious red flags, which BfA and SL had plenty of before they launched.

This "expansion" is cringe at best.

no thx

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwijello View Post
    First time EVER I am not excited about an expansion. Been playing WOTLK, but getting bored of that as well.
    I think Wotlk is still amazing af in so many ways, but I also have to admit that I am getting bored of it, because it's just not a fresh experience (unlike vanilla classic, which I didn't play originally). I have been playing this expansion a lot when it came out and played it for quite some time on private servers years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    What problems does DF even really have currently? Besides class balance of course, which I believe they wouldn't fix ever anyways no matter how much time they had.

To me the only issue with DF is that the leveling is going to be pretty bad once again and that I generally have grown to dislike M+ and the influence it has on raiding and the game as a whole, but that won't be changed anyways. So it feels like a lot of it will be more of the same basically regarding the gameplay loop we had since Legion.

Overall I do not see any obvious red flags, which BfA and SL had plenty of before they launched.
    You kill M+ and you kill the game, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    You kill M+ and you kill the game, period.
    That's because it's the only somewhat decent longterm endgame content left in the game (that is by design). It would kill the game obviously if they straight up removed it and did nothing else.

That being said, WoW was doing a lot better when M+ didn't even exist.

If the bar is .. because people had no other choice, .. or because people didn't know better. Then ya. The old days were grand. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Wowforlife79 View Post
    Not happy , feel like there rushing it out. Id rather wait until jan-mach 2023 put little more spit/polish on it.
    It's more than a feeling my friend, It's 100% rushed. They weren't even done with talent revisions and stuff for half the classes before they just said fuck it, It's good enough for now.

As someone who actually enjoyed BFA and SL (not loved, no, just enjoyed) and played the beta I can honestly tell you if you hated or were unhappy with SL you will find nothing to like in DF. If you haven't pre-ordered by now save your money and wait and see. They could turn it around, but this is Blizzard sooo...

Bloodsail Admiral
    3+ Year Old Account
    Good deal. There was a chance I could see them doing it even closer to Christmas for some extra time. But late November is kind of the cutoff from a sales standpoint to put out a new product and have them benefit from holiday spending. So all along sometime in November seemed most likely.

I also think the "omg it'll be rushed" comments are very presumptive. DF in beta is increasingly looking more polished, there's still 2 months to go, and a lot of improvements still come in the last 2 months. I've played wow betas where whole zones weren't even playable and couldn't be entered until fairly late in them but yet they came out fine. That includes mop, which quite a few players say was their favorite expansion. Plus the wow devs are always a build ahead of what's on beta.

In an age where delayed releases and missed dates are so common, it's great to see that it looks like Blizzard is on track. Yesterday Ubisoft delayed the release date for Skull & Bones for the *FIFTH* time, and it's almost guaranteed to be a hot mess whatever decade it eventually comes out anyway at this point...

I was quite sure it would have been before the end of the year, because next expansion HAS to be out late 2024 for the 20 years of the game and they cannot afford a only 1.5 years expansion cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Wow this is much sooner than I thought it would be. I hardly know anything about the expansion, I haven't seen any game play footage, but I will give it a try like I always do.

I wonder when I will be able to make a draenei rogue, I have been waiting since warcraft 3.

All races can be Rogues, Priests and Mages in 10.0

I hope the mythic difficulty isn't another Sepulcher, otherwise its bye bye christmas for the hardcore audience, which I get it, they don't need to cater to, but it seems a bit risky to release the raid, especially on mythic difficulty that close to Christmas.

I hope they ship the CE in time for release.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    First season during xmas holidays? Not really a fan of that. They could have postponed it to start after xmas/before new year's eve.
    Most people in the world take off the xmas holidays and will have the time to play. It's the perfect time when most people have it without needing to finagle time with their jobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    have you seen the updates for target plates any at all? Disc Priest are in a terrible shape right now its like the people working on it do not know what they are doing DISC is DOA in DF. Crafting still needs ton of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream101 View Post
    Still wont be ready priest talents are still a shit show for disc priest M+ dungeons not ready the UI is still way off from being done. they have not even touched target plates yet. crafting not done so much left for 2 months to get done.
    Source? Or just pissing against the wind?

I would feel much more confident with a Jan 3 or Jan 10 release.

10+ Year Old Account
    That trailer actually looked terrible somehow. Off-center camera angles with weird tilts focussing on dragonflying, as if there's nothing else to do at all.