Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm surprised at all the responses of 'wow so soon'.
    It had to be out, at the latest, 11:59:59PM PST December 31st. Were you all really expecting it later than Christmas? Seems they learned their lesson this time and decided to not launch the expansion before Thanksgiving like with Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    MoP was as hated as any other expansion when it was current. I have no idea why years after the fact people suddenly started to think it was amazing. It was probably the worst expansion ever in my book.

the only argument for people hating mop back then was- well, pandas...
    It was well praised for PVP, raids (HoF, TOT especially), pet battles (to socials) and CMs.

There were few loud minorities (as we always do have such), but nothing important.

I enjoyed every bit of it. Had multiple full glad geared chars on 2.4k + in rbgs and 2 full HC geared (before SoO mythic was released) chars. Huge win for me

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    So is the Collector's Edition only available through the Blizzard store for this expansion? And does anyone know if it charges immediately or waits until shipping to charge?
    Well Amazon never listed it apparently, so it may be the case, which is just another reason to not get it (for the first time). Blizzard can suck a big one with their laughably overpriced store that still charges you for standard shipping..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    They have been working on DF since before SL launches. It has had over 3 years development. It will be ready to launch.
    I honestly dont get why people make bold claims like this ...

Then again I guess you were also making the same claims about BFA and Shadowlands too neither of which was ready for release and took multiple major patches to be in a mostly playable state.

Then again mediocrity seems to be the status quo of wow players these days.

So this is the last time I am posting, unless they make the right business moves. As I am pretty unhappy with this decision. So not only are they not getting my money for the new expansion. I will not give them the gratification of me being active on the forums anymore either.

Second of all I hear the same rhetoric all the time. "Corporations are bad because they want to make money." No. Incorrect answer. This company in particular has been awful with selling shady products. This is the correct answer. I refuse to purchase a shady, rushed product.

People can support a launch of four zones with no endgame activities. I am not.
    No one is in the wrong here and should be scrutinized for their decisions. Yes SLs had five zones, one that was incomplete. This was during a worldwide pandemic where we lost millions of lives and the company was getting ripped apart with controversy. So I gave a pass at one point in time. There is no excuse this time as far as I am concerned. Just comes across as pure greed.

"All they care about is the stakeholders and making quota for the quarters." I'm sorry to inform people that want to remain blindly ignorant but stakeholder capitalism does not work if the customers/consumers don't bite. They can keep pretending we don't matter.. yet the past two reports from what I recall reading have not met expectations and the past three launches of products haven't met expectations either. So why this company is in the midst of making another bad decision on releasing this product prematurely doesn't seem to make any sense. For investors or customers. I don't even understand how this decision is allowed.

I do not want to lie and say I will never try out this expansion. If they actually make more content like figureheads (CEO, Producer and President of Blizzard Entertainment) said they would to the media. (Specifically talking about World of Warcraft) Personally I have been unhappy with the new race and how it looks too. So I have had two issues with this expansion. Yet I will not be buying this product until I see the issues addressed. Depending on how long it takes to rectify the issues is ultimately what is going to determine if I am going to even bother to come back and purchase the expansion. Ever.

With such poor decisions they shouldn't be surprised if another loyal customer ends up in the boycott Blizzard Entertainment train.
    (Which this is very much a thing.)

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    I honestly dont get why people make bold claims like this ...

Then again I guess you were also making the same claims about BFA and Shadowlands too neither of which was ready for release and took multiple major patches to be in a mostly playable state.

Cause blizzard devs have LITERALLY gone on record and said DF has been in works since before SL launch. Perhaps you should learn to be kept informed instead of resprouting nonsense all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yes, there is not an ABSOLUTE metric ton to do, but thats the thing, there is nothing really REQUIRED like we have had since legion, so you can do what you want, ignore the rest. a return to the vanilla to wod days.
    Oh that is good to know!
    Excited to check the monk talent tree then.

I am trying to stay relatively spoiler free so there will be plenty of surprises for me.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Let the crying begin!!!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    the only argument for people hating mop back then was- well, pandas...
    It was well praised for PVP, raids (HoF, TOT especially), pet battles (to socials) and CMs.

There were few loud minorities (as we always do have such), but nothing important.

I enjoyed every bit of it. Had multiple full glad geared chars on 2.4k + in rbgs and 2 full HC geared (before SoO mythic was released) chars. Huge win for me
    I very clearly remember people also complaining about timegated rep grinds, which were fairly relevant towards player progression. This would eventually be addressed, but it did help set the precedent for further timegating. Also, the talent overhaul was met with very mixed reception. MoP was certainly a solid expansion in hindsight, but I can see the perspective of people who were turned away due to thematics alone.

Cause blizzard devs have LITERALLY gone on record and said DF has been in works since before SL launch. Perhaps you should learn to be kept informed instead of resprouting nonsense all the time.
    To be fair, that's probably on par with other expansion development cycles, and really a lot of game development cycles in general. What amount of stuff is readily viewable by the public eye is only the tip of the iceberg in terms of dev cycles. It's entirely possible Blizz is just trying to meet the holiday season for extra box sales, or they could genuinely have their ducks in a row this time around. Only time will tell.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kixxenn View Post
    People can support a launch of four zones with no endgame activities. I am not. No one is in the wrong here and should be scrutinized for their decisions. Yes SLs had five zones, one that was incomplete. This was during a worldwide pandemic where we lost millions of lives and the company was getting ripped apart with controversy. So I gave a pass at one point in time. There is no excuse this time as far as I am concerned. Just comes across as pure greed.
    Are you actually hung up on the fact that they have 4 zones instead of 5?

People have compared them to other expans and the new zone are as big as if not bigger then all of northrend even if they have a smaller number of zones.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I very clearly remember people also complaining about timegated rep grinds, which were fairly relevant towards player progression. This would eventually be addressed, but it did help set the precedent for further timegating. Also, the talent overhaul was met with very mixed reception. MoP was certainly a solid expansion in hindsight, but I can see the perspective of people who were turned away due to thematics alone.
    You call an epic item a "fairly relevant player progression"?

It was COMPLETELY irrelevant and 10000% optional.

- - - Updated - - -

So this is the last time I am posting, unless they make the right business moves. As I am pretty unhappy with this decision. So not only are they not getting my money for the new expansion. I will not give them the gratification of me being active on the forums anymore either.

Second of all I hear the same rhetoric all the time. "Corporations are bad because they want to make money." No. Incorrect answer. This company in particular has been awful with selling shady products. This is the correct answer. I refuse to purchase a shady, rushed product.

People can support a launch of four zones with no endgame activities. I am not.
    No one is in the wrong here and should be scrutinized for their decisions. Yes SLs had five zones, one that was incomplete. This was during a worldwide pandemic where we lost millions of lives and the company was getting ripped apart with controversy. So I gave a pass at one point in time. There is no excuse this time as far as I am concerned. Just comes across as pure greed.

"All they care about is the stakeholders and making quota for the quarters." I'm sorry to inform people that want to remain blindly ignorant but stakeholder capitalism does not work if the customers/consumers don't bite. They can keep pretending we don't matter.. yet the past two reports from what I recall reading have not met expectations and the past three launches of products haven't met expectations either. So why this company is in the midst of making another bad decision on releasing this product prematurely doesn't seem to make any sense. For investors or customers. I don't even understand how this decision is allowed.

I do not want to lie and say I will never try out this expansion. If they actually make more content like figureheads (CEO, Producer and President of Blizzard Entertainment) said they would to the media. (Specifically talking about World of Warcraft) Personally I have been unhappy with the new race and how it looks too. So I have had two issues with this expansion. Yet I will not be buying this product until I see the issues addressed. Depending on how long it takes to rectify the issues is ultimately what is going to determine if I am going to even bother to come back and purchase the expansion. Ever.

With such poor decisions they shouldn't be surprised if another loyal customer ends up in the boycott Blizzard Entertainment train.
    (Which this is very much a thing.)

Can you give an example of "proper end-game activity" please?

Artifact grind? Azerite grind? Anima grind? RNG legendary?

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    MoP was as hated as any other expansion when it was current. I have no idea why years after the fact people suddenly started to think it was amazing. It was probably the worst expansion ever in my book.
    I agree.
    I'm also in the minority who thinks MOP wasn't a good expansion. Players didn't think it was good at the time, but for some reason, they defend it now.
    Last edited by Aboostani; 2022-09-30 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    It was fine, more or less?
    The physical collector's edition?

When I pre-ordered mine, it definitely immediately charged. Yeah wasn't too happy with $200+ (two copies, one for me one for my wife) hitting right away with nothing to show for it...
    And they don't provide you with a digital key for the Collector's Edition after you've already paid for it so then they want you to spend an additional $50 if you want to play pre-expansion Evoker and be guaranteed to play on day 1 of the expansion...

I am informed .. informed about Blizzards recent and historical track record with making such claims and failing to actually deliver, development time doesnt mean a damn thing just look at WOD and the utter garbage state it was released in even after being told it was ready.

But you go right ahead and keep on believing the garbage that Blizz is feeding you about Dragon flight being ready, it'll be playable but it wont be finished till at least the second major update.. par for course where Blizz is concerned.

These guys are desperate for the cash...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    I'm surprised at all the responses of 'wow so soon'.
    It had to be out, at the latest, 11:59:59PM PST December 31st. Were you all really expecting it later than Christmas? Seems they learned their lesson this time and decided to not launch the expansion before Thanksgiving like with Shadowlands.
    I agree. Was a horrendous expansion in my opinion. Opinion of course, totally subjective.

Quote Originally Posted by Aboostani View Post
    I agree.
    I'm also in the minority who thinks MOP wasn't a good expansion. Players didn't think it was good at the time, but for some reason, they defend it now.
    You must be new here.
    This community is always in tears, yet active daily, about every current expansion.

Literally 1 week after the expansion ends, it’s “Oh my Goooood!!! I miss <insert previous expansion here>”.

Quote Originally Posted by Addiena View Post
    ah yeah, the good old days when class changes were patch features rather than something hotfixed...
    BFA and SL were not in worse technical/gameplay state at release than previous expansion, you might not LIKE the features, but they were (more or less) working properly, like previous expansions...
    hell, better than some previous actualy, remember the shitshow hellfire at TBC release was? or how in wod people were stuck for DAYS before they could build their garrison and move on... or how during vanila you could get teleported WITH SHIP to stonetalone?
    ah yeah, good old times, when everything shiped polished...

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    And they don't provide you with a digital key for the Collector's Edition after you've already paid for it so then they want you to spend an additional $50 if you want to play pre-expansion Evoker and be guaranteed to play on day 1 of the expansion...
    They may ship it earlier. At least that's what they did with SL CE.

People can support a launch of four zones with no endgame activities. I am not.[/B] No one is in the wrong here and should be scrutinized for their decisions. Yes SLs had five zones, one that was incomplete. This was during a worldwide pandemic where we lost millions of lives and the company was getting ripped apart with controversy. So I gave a pass at one point in time. There is no excuse this time as far as I am concerned. Just comes across as pure greed.
    Number of zones is irrelevant and your whole critique is based on the ability to count to five. Congratulations, that's super thoughtful.
    WotLK had 8 zones at launch; DF has 4, so it's half the content, right? Wrong. WotLK zones were smaller, most of them were a single-biome type of zones (and some of them pretty bland, like Icecrown or Dragonblight). DF zones are huge and a single zone often features multiple biomes (which are, obviously, ten times more detailed). It could have been a single zone, as long as it's big enough and features a lot of variety. Comparing that to SL (and the fifth zone being the blandest of all times, the universally hated The Maw...?) is not really fair. DF has more land to explore, and that land is more varied.

But how would you know? You probably never played the beta. Well, at least you were able to count to five. Congrats on that again.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-09-30 at 09:27 AM.

As someone who has been in the beta fir a long time now, and has been on every beta since vanilla. DF is more polished and ready to go than anh they have ever made.