Battle for Undercity Issues Update, WoW Hotfixes - September 29

Battle for Undercity Issues Update - September 29
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Greetings,

Just wanted to follow up on this with an update. As of 4:48 p.m. PDT we’ve deployed a hotfix that will add a member of the Bronze Dragonflight “Zidormi” to Tirisfal Glades near the entrance of the Ruins of Loardaeron (for Horde players) or the entrance to the Undercity Sewers (for the Alliance players) that will allow you to manually enable or disable the quest phase that you are placed in for the “The Battle for the Undercity” quest and event.

Horde – Near the entrance to the Ruins of Lordaeron:

Alliance – Near the entrance to Undercity Sewers:

Additionally, when this hotfix was pushed, it will have reset the phase state for all players that are currently on The Battle for the Undercity quest phase. What this means is if you had completed either “Darkness Stirs” (horde) or “Return to Angrathar” (Alliance) or were on any of the ensuing quests up to and including the “The Battle for the Undercity”, you will be restored to the default phase to see the Undercity, Orgrimmar, and the Throne rooms of both Orgrimmar and Stormwind as if you had never started either of those quest chains.

Here’s a full list of the affected quests:

Horde:
    • Darkness Stirs
    • Herald of War
    • A Life without Regret
    • The Battle for the Undercity

Alliance:
    • Return to Angrathar
    • Reborn from the Ashes
    • Fate, Up Against Your Will
    • A Royal Coup
    • Killing Time
    • The Battle for the Undercity

Again, if you were actively in-progress for any of these quests, you may need to travel to the Tirisfal Glades and speak with Zidormi to return to the correct phase and resume progress on them either now or at a later time when we are able to implement a full fix for the issues that cause the battle to become stuck. Abandoning and re-accepting these quests will not put you back into the correct phase to see the battle-related events.

This should heal situations where players were “stuck” in the Battle for the Undercity phase and could not interact with vendors or trainers in Orgrimmar or Undercity. The goal with this hotfix was to get players stuck in this phase out of it and skip past this event. We will be doing additional work over the coming days and weeks to further harden the Battle for the Undercity event to make it able to be more consistently completed so that players can get the powerful rewards from this quest more reliably.

We again offer our sincere apologies for these issues, and hope to continue working towards a more complete solution to these issues.

WoW Hotfixes - September 29
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Items and Rewards

• The Forgotten Proto-Vault in Zereth Mortis no longer requires the World Quest "Frog'it" to appear.

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Zidormi will now reliably allow players to enter or leave the Battle for The Undercity. If you have haven’t started the Battle for The Undercity questlines, you must complete the following quests to enter:
      • Horde – “Darkness Stirs”
      • Alliance – “Return to Angrathar”
    • Fixed an issue preventing Heirlooms, Tome of Cold Weather Flying, Northrend Faction Helm Enchant Arcanums, and Sons of Hodir Shoulder Inscriptions from being transferable to other WoW accounts.
    • Brassbolt Mechawrench and Reginald Arcfire have returned to Dalaran to offer their Auction House services for Grand Master Engineers.
    • The Master Summoner's Staff quest item for “Destroying the Altars” has been increased to 100%.
    • Fixed an issue with "The Slumbering King" where Queen Angerboda could fail to respawn after being defeated under specific circumstances.
    • Fixed an issue where players could disconnect when jumping in the pool after battling The Prophet Tharon’ja in Drak’Tharon Keep.

10+ Year Old Account
    so all they did was make it so you can be phased into the Non-Quest versions.

Still no option to skip or a fix for the quests period.

If you haven't tried the quest, it's super bugged. On the alliance side, Varian and Jaina will:

-Randomly stop going where they're supposed to go and head somewhere else
    -Stop at random spots for no reason
    -Start saying things in completely random order
    -Disappear and teleport somewhere

Just broken in so many ways. There's no way to finish it and it's a huge waste of time trying. It was silly when they did the hotfix for the other day saying they just "stopped him from attacking the wrong target." That did nothing to resolve the 500 other problems. This is one of the biggest quest events in the expansion and it clearly wasn't tested.

Adding this NPC did nothing lol. They spoke about adding a skip so we can just finish it for the XP, guess they bagged that

Didn't they have a beta for stuff like this? Or are those just literally streamer advertisements now?

It's even more bugged now than it was before. Thrall gets stuck in a wall and stops moving halfway through the event, and it seemingly keeps running, spawning the bosses and such, but it never flags the quest as complete and you can't turn it in anyway due to Thrall being stuck in the void somewhere.

What the fuck is beta for if things are still this horrendously broken at release? I've seen private servers less buggy than this.

You would think they would test the one thing that's not even in retail anymore. I wonder if Strand is bugged too.

This reminds me about how in retail the quest "And Justice for Thrall" from WoD was so badly broken for a long time that they just recommended you open a ticket and a GM would just mark the quest completed for you. This wasn't even close to launch either, it was like 5 years later lol.

I was hopeful after seeing the fixes here, so the following morning; today; I tried to do it.

Jaina didn't even open the portal. Others are reporting the same thing in Stormwind and on wowhead.

I can't even begin to explain my disappointment with Blizzard right now. This was literally the questline I was looking forward to the most and it feels like the experience is ruined now. and I tried to wait a bit for the fixes as well.

Quote Originally Posted by phattsao View Post
    Didn't they have a beta for stuff like this? Or are those just literally streamer advertisements now?
    Aside from closed betas like the D4 beta, Blizz explicitly encourages streaming and advertising the expansions when notifying you... which is fine, but after years of decline in the effective use of the player feedback during testing phases I feel it's mostly for generating hype. Fairly certain when it comes to classic content, there's probably not much testing compared to retail WoW betas, probably more comparable to retail PTR testing cycles where only a dedicated few actually test it.

When it comes to the WotLK classic stuff... I find this rather funny that we're seeing a bunch of the same bugs pop up that were issues that were also fixed in the past. And these are bugs I can think of off the top of my head from a decade ago because I remember either running into them like the Queen Angerboda not respawning under certain circumstances or because they were big news like the WF respawn exploit. My real question is why didn't they think to check for certain known past issues by default considering how they're supposedly resurrecting classic content via reconstructing old builds, or did it just slip through the cracks despite rigorous testing. Certainly won't be able to catch everything, just makes me wonder how many staff they have on the project and if they were even on board when WotLK was current content.

Well, once Cata and MoP classic versions come out, I got a list of gamebreaking or exploits from back when I was heavily testing the betas... guess I can make a fun game out of which things will come back!
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just sad, no surprise it's not available on retail anymore, it's just one huge mess of spaghetti code nobody knows how to fix.

Now it has been a while ago since i played Wrath (Back when it was retail), but has that questline *ever* worked properly?

"I can't wait to play a Wrath of the Lich King professionally developed with bug fixes"

This was me when Wrath Classic was announced, what a fucking shit show. These are the kinds of fixes private servers deploy for fucks sake

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Now it has been a while ago since i played Wrath (Back when it was retail), but has that questline *ever* worked properly?
    I personally never encountered an issue when WotLK was current content, however I only did the Alliance part back in the day.

Judging by what people are saying, maybe I should have bought a lottery ticket that day too

The irony is that I had no problem with it completing it on multiple characters in the Beta.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

They had one 12 years ago and I guess they just didn't have the resources this time round. Like WTF Blizzard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro