View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Those are some girly thighs. Reminds me of some reimagined Dracthyr posts showing differences between male and female bodies.

All current Dracthyr options look more feminine than masculine.
    There thigh's don't look any girlier then humans/night elf's so I guess if those look girly to you then no alliance race other then Kt and goats could ever be any thing other then feminine.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    instead of being a dragon with the powers of the aspects, which is what we got instead.
    They look more like D&D kobolds though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Kobolds are related to Dragons in D&D, so that's not surprising. You're also talking about an entirely different gaming universe. Kobolds are wingless and 2ft tall. Dracthyr have huge wings and are 8-9ft tall.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Girly thighs now? Maybe yall just hella insecure lol
    Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    There thigh's don't look any girlier then humans/night elf's so I guess if those look girly to you then no alliance race other then Kt and goats could ever be any thing other then feminine.
    Their thighs are fuller than that of human male. As for male male Night Elves, their models are fucked. It is a known issue. People often ask for changes for them.

I mean this is the same sort of people who think BE males look girly despite having bodies that put most professional athletes, and 99.99% of the people playing WoW, to shame. Anything other than a roid raging pile of muscle with no neck is feminine, it seems.

Now I do have issues with Dracthyr myself; the Visage form doesn't look great especially the faces, the armors aren't cool enough for me, they lack fangs and other menacing features as options, and their heads are too small which is exacerbated if you go for body type 4. I think Blizz could have done a better job. But with some tinkering in the character creator you can still make them look quite good.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Kobolds are related to Dragons in D&D, so that's not surprising. You're also talking about an entirely different gaming universe. Kobolds are wingless and 2ft tall. Dracthyr have huge wings and are 8-9ft tall.
    It is just the way they look, it simply screams kobold or lizardmen, not dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean this is the same sort of people who think BE males look girly despite having bodies that put most professional athletes, and 99.99% of the people playing WoW, to shame. Anything other than a roid raging pile of muscle with no neck is feminine, it seems.

Now I do have issues with Dracthyr myself; the Visage form doesn't look great especially the faces, the armors aren't cool enough for me, they lack fangs and other menacing features as options, and their heads are too small which is exacerbated if you go for body type 4. I think Blizz could have done a better job. But with some tinkering in the character creator you can still make them look quite good.
    It's proportions not muscles but nice try.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Nah.

Their thighs are fuller than that of human male. As for male male Night Elves, their models are fucked. It is a known issue. People often ask for changes for them
    So there girly because they have fuller thighs? because the picture you posted for male Drac's has way fuller thighs then humans or ingame Dracs.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I'm really not a Fan of how the male visage form looks tried to mess around with it but didn't like any of the results, Would also really like visible fangs and such for the dragon form and some horn size customization as alot of the horns I like are to big or small.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

So there girly because they have fuller thighs? because the picture you posted for male Drac's has way fuller thighs then humans or ingame Dracs.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya I'm really not a Fan of how the male visage form looks tried to mess around with it but didn't like any of the results, Would also really like visible fangs and such for the dragon form and some horn size customization as alot of the horns I like are to big or small.
    In relation to waist and shoulders yeah.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    I know for a fact you dont have beta lol. And neither does @arkanon
    Nothing of what you both say is true for DF.
    You are the CEO of being wrong then, as I do have beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Chances are high i wont play DF - i honestly dont think im the target audience anymore - fluffy cute little races and now creepy feminine looking snake things being called dragons, all the changes to the core gameplay loop - none of its for me. I have no issue that there are some who are loving it and really happy, but its just not for me.

HOWEVER, to properly answer your question more directly, no, if it wasnt clear enough already i absolutely would NOT play them, i honestly think they look like mobile game bullshit. I also would never kick someone from my group or abuse them simply for liking things i dont like, but i personally wouldnt go near one.
    Good this game and website can use less of those negative boomers anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I will play one just to experience the starting zone. I honestly don't like the model and the class really doesn't interest me at all.

Though, I said this about Pandas when MoP came out and I ended up maining a Panderan Monk half of MoP so

What really throws me off is the no showing of gear you get and lack of transmog.

Visually they look lame and frankly feels like some malicious message pushing/signaling that you at all can't tell whats male and whats female via physical appearances.
    Excuse me, i meant tell whats "body 1" and whats "body 2" via physical appearances... though why cant we remove bras from "body 2" is a really odd visual bug in games...
    Not being able to show equipped items also sucks, but its a cost saving thing for blizzard since they dont have to make item models properly fit on dragon body models.

Their lack of casting range is also a huge turn off for me... healers being constantly out of range is awful, especially in disorganized raids (pve or pvp).
    Blizzard might end up overbuffing their power to compensate for lower range (worse uptime) but that will likely create more problems, especially in naturally narrow environments.
    Also lack of a melee spec is just wtf...

Overall feels like a really wasted opportunity, a dragon race that looks lame and a dragon class that already looks like something i dont enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Forum people are idiots, so I suspect yes they did.
    Also they are very delusional
    idk why they think their ideas are good and blizz should implement them

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    1/ When I think of dragon, I think of might, power and size.
    well they are not dragons... they are derived from them sure, but not dragons - to me this is kinda like expecting taurens to have 4 hooved legs instead of arms as they are derived from cows
    and since they are casters only i actualy prefer them to be "small, thin, goofy" than a goddamn mountain of muscles some people want...
    if they had other classes (which would be my preference) sure, lets make "the big dude" an option but for pure casters it feels weird...

Quote Originally Posted by Holdodlig View Post
    2/ Armor don't display on them. I mean, what the fuck is going on Blizzard ?
    hard to argue with this one

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auburst View Post
    Dracthyr and wow dragons have little in common.
    so do tauren and wow cows... that might be bcs tauren are not cows and dracthyr are not dragons...

- - - Updated - - -

I mean this is the same sort of people who think BE males look girly despite having bodies that put most professional athletes, and 99.99% of the people playing WoW, to shame. Anything other than a roid raging pile of muscle with no neck is feminine, it seems. .
    yep, seems like some people never met real people, let alone women...

10+ Year Old Account
    It is just the way they look, it simply screams kobold or lizardmen, not dragon.
    To be fair, lizards don't have wings either.

Dracthyr are simply bipedal dragons. Bipedal dragons is a concept that isn't alien to fantasy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    well they are not dragons... they are derived from them sure, but not dragons - to me this is kinda like expecting taurens to have 4 hooved legs instead of arms as they are derived from cows
    and since they are casters only i actualy prefer them to be "small, thin, goofy" than a goddamn mountain of muscles some people want...
    if they had other classes (which would be my preference) sure, lets make "the big dude" an option but for pure casters it feels weird...

hard to argue with this one

- - - Updated - - -

so do tauren and wow cows... that might be bcs tauren are not cows and dracthyr are not dragons...

- - - Updated - - -

yep, seems like some people never met real people, let alone women...
    Tauren are closer in appearance to bisons than cows. They are based on minotaurs anyway. Dracthyr are supposedly playable humanoid dragon representation but look more like lizard people.

This is very much on point.

- - - Updated - - -

Got into the beta so I figured I might as well compare while looking at Drac ability's.

Drac's are plenty big/masculine as is if you go for body 4
    As I have said, many, many, many times. people look at body type 1 and go "this race is so scrawny this is soo weak i want bigger" just ignoring the fact body type 4 exists.

pair that with the fact we have people complaining it is furrry bait and gross furry scaley race, but then in the same breath say
    "Now if you gave them rippling muscles, buldging abbs, and thicker bodies they would totally be great!"

Because making them shirtless rippling musclemen somehow makes them, less furrybait?

- - - Updated - - -

that.. that is kinda the point.

- - - Updated - - -

THis is the point, are people finally realizing?

The kobolds are draconic abominations not actual dragons.
    The dracthyr are literally that, they are not "dragons" they are abominations made to be draconic spellcasters using the essence of mortals mixed with the aspects powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Visually they look lame and frankly feels like some malicious message pushing/signaling that you at all can't tell whats male and whats female via physical appearances.
    Excuse me, i meant tell whats "body 1" and whats "body 2" via physical appearances... though why cant we remove bras from "body 2" is a really odd visual bug in games...
    Can you point to me the dragons in wow you could tell what gender they were based off their dragon form?

Can you show my the dragon titties?
    Where are the dragon titties?

So why would this have dragon titties?

Quote Originally Posted by Uk Lok-Narash View Post
    What really throws me off is the no showing of gear you get and lack of transmog.
    Boomie life! (The astral glyph isn't a solution, for me at least, since i don't like the faded\blurred alternative).

I only have one major grip with my future main tbh and that's the running animation.

It's pretty stiff if you ask me, the arms just swing like pendulums and the legs move like it's a clockwork robot. Idk if they intended that but I get flashbacks to the way cataclysm worgen animations goofed the whole race for me.

Still maining it tho!