View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Looking great, totally going to play one.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Won't play him past level 10.
    That will be EXTREMELY difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why am i still where? You seem to have taken a lot of offense from someone simply stating their opinion, and even saying clearly that i fully support those with a different opinion. Worgan never bothered me - at all. But i find it quite disturbing you find orks "homoerotic", or that you would try and force sexuality into a video game at all.
    If sexuality weren't important we would not be debating body shape. I also didn't mean why are you on mmo champ I meant why are you on wow. You said there was nothing for you now. There has been nothing for you for a long time.

The original wargens were cool. The females are the worst offenders. They have wolf like at concepts but got put into the game with Pomeranian heads.

To me it does not matter though. I can still play my undead and other people cal play what they find aesthetically pleasing. Even though I find them wrong.

I really don't see why people are so mad about them, they look fine to me. If they could be more than one class I would play one for sure. I'm not a fan of casters in general.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kick Dracthyr pretenders from your raids. Real Drakonoids or bust!

- - - Updated - - -

On a serious note, I might create one, if only to check out the starting zone. Won't play him past level 10.
    I tried an dracthyr evoker in the beta, both leveling and 70 toon. But nothing sparked my interesst with them. Its sad, but they are the class I am the least interested in. Several reasons for it. Their spelleffects look cheap, boring abillities and most importantly, they just look bad.

The dragonoids in df have such a cool model and I would instantly swap those if I had the chance. Atleast they look cool. I would even prefer playing a centaur or gnoll then play a dracthyr.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    To be fair it's understandable if we take the game's art style into account. During TBC alpha male blood elves had a physique that would sit somewhere in the middle of the current dracthyr body thickness options and Blizz beefed up the model because they deemed it to be too thin or effeminate (can't remember the exact wording but it was something to that effect).

WoW characters were never realistic to begin with and in a way that was the charm. 'Human males' look nothing like irl men with arms thicker than their heads (and Kul Tiran males are practically gorilla sized) but we've come to take that as a norm within the game. If you're accustomed to theses kinds of characters the dracthyr, especially the first incarnation without the different body sizes, would look quite out of place.
    Even within wows aren’t style they aren’t even close to looking starving with even the smallest option being on par with or larger then male blood elfs and trolls and far bigger then undead/skinny kul tirans which is the closest we would have to fitting them underfed/starving bill.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Will make one just to see the starting zone then i will delete this creature asap.

Its the worst race in wow history.
    I think even Gnomes fit in more in this universe then these lizzard people.

This race on the otherhand i would play so lets hope they will add them later on as allied race with the new class then i will play one.
    Last edited by tromage2; 2022-09-30 at 01:24 PM.

I'm more annoyed they don't have armor or anything like that. It's not 2004, you can't get away with boomchicken excuses for not fitting armor.

But yes their general look kind of sucks, although if these were snekppl I'd think they were great (with obvious more snek features) but we already have dracnoids and proto dragons in the game and this current look is really weak.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post

This race on the otherhand i would play so lets hope they will add them later on as allied race with the new class then i will play one.
    Agreed. I’m hoping that they’re at least an allied race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    Just admit you can only fap to fat dudes and that's why you're unhappy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    You were never forced to play any race, and I do hope that all races won't get all classes, I'd like some reason of choice.
    At least 2 races are needed to cover all classes, except DHs, that are exclusive to Elves. Good thing - I like two Alliance races. Problem is - there is only one such race for Horde. I had to pick race I didn't like to play, let's say, Rogue. DF finally fixes this problem.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I mean

This is my Dracthyr and this is a human warrior next to it. I do not look like I am starving do I? The warrior would need a small ladder to give me a BJ ffs. That goblin barely makes it to my knees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kick Dracthyr pretenders from your raids. Real Drakonoids or bust!
    Yeah, let's punish Evoker players because you personally dislike the art style of the Dracthyr race...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean
    Their height is quite impressive. Toss in their opened wings and they look great IMO. I admire Blizzard for at least attempting to make them very large creatures.

I mean

This is my Dracthyr and this is a human warrior next to it. I do not look like I am starving do I? The warrior would need a small ladder to give me a BJ ffs. That goblin barely makes it to my knees.
    But his bicep isn't thicker than Kul Tiran's chest and that neck looks like it could still turn around. Too skinny.

I mean

All I see is a tall girly lizard with big hips and ass.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean

Isn’t that with a growth potion/toy?
    Show us your Dracthyr without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Will make one just to see the starting zone then i will delete this creature asap.

Its the worst race in wow history.
    I think even Gnomes fit in more in this universe then these lizzard people.

Drakonids look more draconic than Dracthyr.

Ill make one and play one, but I wont be maining one anytime soon

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Isn’t that with a growth potion/toy?
    Show us your Dracthyr without it.
    Here’s one.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavens Night View Post
    No, they are a huge let down for me personally. I would play one if I could stay in visage form. I'm interested in the class but not the race, at all.
    Im on the same train. But I am still gonna give them a go, hopefully the gameplay is there if not I ll revert to my current main.