View Poll Results: Will you play the new wannabe dragons?

Voters
319. This poll is closed
  • Yes

182 57.05%
  • No

137 42.95%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'll main one I think, the max body size and big shaman ToS lookalike shoulders remove the issue of looking too slim for my WoW tastes. Loving the gameplay loop though and since I cannot stand Hunter anymore it's perfect timing!

Also as a mogoholic it's a neat challenge having to make mogs that fit both the Visage and Dracthyr forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean

This is my Dracthyr and this is a human warrior next to it. I do not look like I am starving do I? The warrior would need a small ladder to give me a BJ ffs. That goblin barely makes it to my knees.
    It's a good point to make, but you're working with very different dimensions between these two. The height difference makes 95% of the visual difference in that screenshot pop. Once you get down to it, the Dracthyr is doubling the warrior in height, but not even remotely close to doubling the warrior in bulk.

There's a point to be made about the Dracthyr not requiring to look like every thick-necked caveman in the game, but for their own size class, Dracthyr are the fucking nerds you shove into lockers after class and that really doesn't communicate "Deathwing's Super Soldier Experiment". It's like Cpt Rogers getting the Serum, but still looking like a skeleton afterwards.

Weak.

Edit: Also, to reiterate. They don't have to proportionally match the male human or male orc in their own weight class, much less even the male Tauren. Drakonid proportions would be too much, because a lack of dexterous visual also wouldn't really sit right with Dracthyr as a concept. But the photoshops people did from a very early point after the Dracthyr reveal was spot on with what you'd expect. A healthy, muscled specimen of it's own weight class, that looks like a mobile, draconic powerhouse.

This look currently, on the thickest option still looks like the "Cwute nwoodle" scaly roleplayer bait it was made to be. Blizzard isn't entirely incapable of doing things right, especially in the Art Departments. It looks the way it looks, even after adjustments, because that's their goal.

Has nothing to do with what Dracthyr are made out to be, it's just the Worgen Problem all over again. From one of the most ferocious druidic forms/beings around to british furry bait lapdogs with googly eyes. Even with the HD models, Worgen also still have these weird ass fucking "good boy eyes" options.
    Last edited by Dismayxz; 2022-09-30 at 02:49 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I won't be playing one because i think they look like crappy fake ass dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, let's talk about avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That will be EXTREMELY difficult.
    I love the way your very Suomi-dressed avatar is looking up at the comment you replied to before you dropped that sarcastic answer.

But no really:

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    the race is unplayable because they're thin and look malnourished.

Thats a new one
    This comment and your avatar. (also your sig, I love it) Because this discussion isn't exactly new, is it?

This thread about female Pandarans is 391 pages long. And there are others. But there's no reason to go lookin' when you already know what the comments are.

A) They look fat.
    B) They look cute.
    C) Who cares, I just want to play a monk.
    D) Who cares, monks suck.
    E) Lol Blizz only hires furries
    F) Lol only furries will play them

and of course

G) I wish we had more customization options.

Until Blizz goes berserk with the options sliders ("I want a Forsaken, but she's a Night Elf, and she has the Gnome pigtails and the Dwarf Male dance animation") there will be no pleasing everyone. Part of this I completely understand -- while race affects class/stats there will always be the conflict between appearance and performance.

But at some point, for any game designer, enough is enough. We may be seeing a majority overall that wish Blizz went further, but it does look like they did a lot for these models. More than before. I get people want more...but this is Blizzard we're talking about. You should not have expected more. We knew months ago you weren't going to get body sliders, for the same reason the /joke and /flirt options that were removed weren't replaced.

If that behavior really sickened you that much, you'd have left by now. To be fair, some surely have.

To answer the question, no I won't be playing one for realsies, I am too far invested in my main to even have a lvl 60 alt yet. (Next week maybe...) But their look wasn't the reason why and won't be why I do/don't test an Evoker later.

To be fair, the appearance of my character did drive a lot of why I picked a seven-foot black water buffotaur in full plate armor as my main. I do wish his head stuck up over his shoulders instead out forwards from his sternum, but that wasn't an option, nor was it a reason to roll Alliance.

I'm sorry some of you don't like the look(s) of the new race...but you did walk into a McDonald's and ordered pulled pork bbq. It ain't happening. The fries are still good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Isn’t that with a growth potion/toy?
    Show us your Dracthyr without it.
    It's the Vrykul Drinking Horn No cooldown toy, lasts 10mins. One of the few no cooldown size growths that comes with the issue that it forces a specific helm transmog. Since Dracthyr cannot mog helms, the vrykul helm is omitted making it a simple size increase

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So, let's talk about avatars.

I love the way your very Suomi-dressed avatar is looking up at the comment you replied to before you dropped that sarcastic answer.

But no really:

This comment and your avatar. (also your sig, I love it) Because this discussion isn't exactly new, is it?

This thread about female Pandarans is 391 pages long. And there are others. But there's no reason to go lookin' when you already know what the comments are.

A) They look fat.
    B) They look cute.
    C) Who cares, I just want to play a monk.
    D) Who cares, monks suck.
    E) Lol Blizz only hires furries
    F) Lol only furries will play them

and of course

G) I wish we had more customization options.

Until Blizz goes berserk with the options sliders ("I want a Forsaken, but she's a Night Elf, and she has the Gnome pigtails and the Dwarf Male dance animation") there will be no pleasing everyone. Part of this I completely understand -- while race affects class/stats there will always be the conflict between appearance and performance.

But at some point, for any game designer, enough is enough. We may be seeing a majority overall that wish Blizz went further, but it does look like they did a lot for these models. More than before. I get people want more...but this is Blizzard we're talking about. You should not have expected more. We knew months ago you weren't going to get body sliders, for the same reason the /joke and /flirt options that were removed weren't replaced.

If that behavior really sickened you that much, you'd have left by now. To be fair, some surely have.

To answer the question, no I won't be playing one for realsies, I am too far invested in my main to even have a lvl 60 alt yet. (Next week maybe...) But their look wasn't the reason why and won't be why I do/don't test an Evoker later.

To be fair, the appearance of my character did drive a lot of why I picked a seven-foot black water buffotaur in full plate armor as my main. I do wish his head stuck up over his shoulders instead out forwards from his sternum, but that wasn't an option, nor was it a reason to roll Alliance.

I'm sorry some of you don't like the look(s) of the new race...but you did walk into a McDonald's and ordered pulled pork bbq. It ain't happening. The fries are still good.
    Mofo, now I want pulled pork bbq.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    He looks 100x better in the 2nd picture and just as ferocious.
    Strong disagree. The first one looks like a savage beast, the second one looks domesticated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dismayxz View Post
    Mofo, now I want pulled pork bbq.
    Well I have to be a Dickey's about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    The thing is this: they release something on beta and ask for feedback. The feedback they get is overwhelmingingly clear: The players don't like the design. However, they don't change it.

Not wanting to change it is fair enough. It's their vision how it should look like and if they want to stay that way, fair enough. Why ask for feedback then and waste our time tho?
    Where are you pulling this "overwhelming" thing from? I personally have not heard a single person say they dislike the look outside of MMO Champ. What I have heard is people laugh at the people that want to play a dragon race in visage form all the time, like what the fuck is the point? Also I have heard a lot about how the evoker class itself needs a major rework. Guess no one will be happy come launch day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Here’s one.

Still an impressive size difference. I could imagine with horns exposed, the difference would be even more pronounced.

I will not play them and if I'm in a group with one I'll kick them

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    ....did ya'll really think blizz was gonna just trash and redesign an entire race this close to release?
    Well, of course they did. Why wouldn't Blizzard cater to their every whim and fancy? Never mind the fact that the vast majority of people probably don't care at all about such a trivial thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    I will not play them and if I'm in a group with one I'll kick them
    Then it's going to be just as lonely for you ingame as it must be in real life, because for at least the first couple of months of the expansion, they're going to be all over the place.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Will make one just to see the starting zone then i will delete this creature asap.

Its the worst race in wow history.
    I think even Gnomes fit in more in this universe then these lizzard people.

This race on the otherhand i would play so lets hope they will add them later on as allied race with the new class then i will play one.
    Agree, maybe allied race when blizz sees people like those more.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    I am always curious, but aesthetically they put me off as they seem to do to most.

So we'll see.
    Perhaps the gameplay is awesome, perhaps they'll look better when armor becomes inevitebly available for them.

Looks are nothing a decent paintjob can't fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean

This is my Dracthyr and this is a human warrior next to it. I do not look like I am starving do I? The warrior would need a small ladder to give me a BJ ffs. That goblin barely makes it to my knees.
    You do note that the human warrior (barely half your size) has broader shoulders, right? Even taking into account the shoulderpieces.

Not saying what it should be like, but jt's worrying when people pretend not to see the clearly visible.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    He looks 100x better in the 2nd picture and just as ferocious.
    I didn't see the updated model of him just the placeholder back when the gloomers raged over it, goddamn that looks exactly like I would imagine an updates Hogger to look!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I am always curious, but aesthetically they put me off as they seem to do to most.

So we'll see.
    Perhaps the gameplay is awesome, perhaps they'll look better when armor becomes inevitebly available for them.

Looks are nothing a decent paintjob can't fix.
    I found that the proper shoulders do wonders on their models and bulkiness:

Bonus points for making it work for both forms:

Nah, I might give the starting zone a spin (if I decide to buy the expansion, still not certain I will) but after that I'll abandon the Evoker until they're playable by other races. Dracthyr are just a disappointment. Could've been great and leaned into the whole dragonborn concept, instead we got rainbow gecos. What's sad is that this is the first time they've introduced a race to the game that I just can't stand. The only other time I've had this sort of problem was when I was playing Tera and saw the concept of the Elin. Obviously creepy little girl anime race is not the same as the Dracthyr, but the distaste for it is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by rpdrichard View Post
    With the release date announced, any hope of improvements on actual look of wannabe dragons is gone and seems we´re stuck with the famelic lizards.
    Are you going to play them?
    Could you make your polls next time even more biased and dumb please?

That being said, yeah, most of the Dracthyr Human form customization options are horrendous... all that glitter and shit is just stupid (by far the worst design they have ever made, I suspect the person who's behind this wasn't an original designer) even for me who plays female characters a lot and gnomes. The Dractyr dragon form however is just fine IMO.

All in all, I will play Dractyr Evoker if I like the class. If there's anything positive to say about all this is that at least you can turn off all that shit and make your character look just fine or actually kinda cool and not like a Drag Queen.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's worth a try to see how they play, but probably not for me.
    It has nothing to do with them being Dracthyr (i think is the spelling), or the Evoker Class, but that a mid-range caster doesn't appeal to me.
    TBH, even a long range caster doesn't appeal to me.
    If they had a tank form, I'd probably be down, but they don't, so it'll be an alt I make, play a little, then forget about.

Also, for some that are confused, they aren't "dragons", so calling them dragons is wrong.
    They are a weird human/dragon hybrid monstrosities created for "reasons" and their purpose is "things", but they aren't dragons.
    What else they are, though, is here to stay, for better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    Will make one just to see the starting zone then i will delete this creature asap.

Its the worst race in wow history.
    I think even Gnomes fit in more in this universe then these lizzard people.

This race on the otherhand i would play so lets hope they will add them later on as allied race with the new class then i will play one.
    While I will say, I would like Dracthyr to be a little bulkier. Those things you posted would be a pass for me. I do have a couple Tauren, but for the most part I prefer races that are more on the lean Spider-man side, than the hulking......Hulk side. And Dracthyr are about 90%ish of the way that I wanted a playable dragon race to look.

So strange that a spell caster would look like they lived in a gym, but hey if you hate it dont play it i guess.